Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Excellent Song
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Sinisa Cekic
What you mean by "excellent song"?
A good guitar sound, voice, atmosphere, rhythm? Of course, all elements are essential, but if you had to choose-which element would be the first in the chain ?!
Daniel Realpe
hmm very good question!

I would say the overall feel of it when I finished listening to it, but I know that's a little vague.

Probably to be more specific maybe the chorus is the climax and it has to be satisfying...
Sinisa Cekic
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Sep 12 2011, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm very good question!

I would say the overall feel of it when I finished listening to it, but I know that's a little vague.

Probably to be more specific maybe the chorus is the climax and it has to be satisfying...

Yes,chorus, I would agree with you smile.gif
Adrian Figallo
for me it's all about a consistent, solid melody and a great chorus.
Cosmin Lupu
If it stays in my head and draws my attention, it's already a good song! tongue.gif

Usually, I listen to the chorus and then the way the song gets there - I mean, a good song has a nice way of building up to the chorus as well smile.gif
JD_
Personally, it's Melody first.....something that makes a non guitar player/musician be able to remember the tune.....
Bogdan Radovic
Very good question. I would say mix of how all those factors fit together.
If I had to choose one - I would say awesome vocal melody.
Daniel Realpe
You know what maybe melody is first. As soon as the melody starts it has to grab you, so I agree with Jax and Bogdan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.