Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Point Of Ignition
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
ZakkWylde
If you have a facebook account you can go and check my Bands' site there if you like:

http://www.facebook.com/Pointofignition

It's a modern metal/metalcore band and I play the lead guitar and write about 80% of the songs myself.
Keep in mind that I have only been playing the guitar for 5 years and I have never had a teacher ASIDE from the lessons here on GMC!
Todd Simpson
Impressive! Well written, well played and killer job on recording! Where did you guys record? If a pro place, which one, and if home studio, what did you use? Maybe a bit about your experience during the recording?
ZakkWylde
We recorded at a pro place, the Kohlekeller Studios in Germany: http://www.kohlekeller.de
Its a pretty well known recording studio that specializes in Metal and Hardcore Musik. We could afford this because we are sponsored by the Wacken Foundation (Yes from the infamous WACKEN festival!). They help small bands with financial startup aid!

The recordings were done in 7 days. We recorded 4 songs (the last one is yet to be uploaded) - took us 2 days for drums, 3 for guitars, 1 for bass and 1 for vocals. Guitars used were two Gibson Les Paul Customs with EMG humbuckers through a Peavey 6505 and a Mesa Rectifier.
It was our first studio experience and we really enjoyed it although recording shows you all the flawes in your own playing!!!
Cosmin Lupu
Yeah dude! My kind of stuff as well biggrin.gif great production and songs mate!
Sensible Jones
Good stuff Zakk.
I particularly like 'Lesson Unlearned'.
smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
It's great that you've gone through this experience Zakk, all songs are very good. Mixing could be done a bit better, it's a bit muddy, lacks a bit of top end it's not that open, but it has warmth. Now you know for the next time. I wish you and your band big success.
Fran
Good to see you again Zakk smile.gif

Great stuff in there, awesome playing. Hope you stick around to the boards cool.gif

Todd Simpson
Congrats on getting sponsored by Wacken! I bet you guys will be playing the festival soon. smile.gif Given how quickly you guys did this, I"m just amazed at how good it came out. 7 days is just not that much time for as many songs as you pulled off so well done on pulling it off wink.gif

QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Nov 2 2011, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We recorded at a pro place, the Kohlekeller Studios in Germany: http://www.kohlekeller.de
Its a pretty well known recording studio that specializes in Metal and Hardcore Musik. We could afford this because we are sponsored by the Wacken Foundation (Yes from the infamous WACKEN festival!). They help small bands with financial startup aid!

The recordings were done in 7 days. We recorded 4 songs (the last one is yet to be uploaded) - took us 2 days for drums, 3 for guitars, 1 for bass and 1 for vocals. Guitars used were two Gibson Les Paul Customs with EMG humbuckers through a Peavey 6505 and a Mesa Rectifier.
It was our first studio experience and we really enjoyed it although recording shows you all the flawes in your own playing!!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.