Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Worst Thing Happened To Me Today! (in The Gym)
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Gitarrero
Hi guys,

so I went to the gym today, looking forward to 90 solid minutes of pumping iron and relaxed jogging on the treadmill. In the studio I realized that I forgot my iPod...no Dropkick Murphys pushing me to new records today! Now, the studio is run by a really nice italian family, really nice people, their 20 year old daughter Vittoria is adorable and all...but they have a bad taste in music. I suffered through 90 minutes of italo-pop before, but today I felt like I was at an 80's party. This is a small collection of the music that completely failed to give me superpowers laugh.gif

What are your worst / funniest / most remarkable gym stories?

dark dude
laugh.gif
SpaseMoonkey
Lol... Where I go they put the treadmills up on like a landing so everyone can see the tvs. Well they have this sign that says careful step. Needless to say I was kind of busy reading the sign that I feel and tumbled onto the ground. I stood up and just walked off laughing that I did it.
thefireball
laugh.gif Well glad you didn't hurt yourself. biggrin.gif
Ulrik
Don't get me started with bad music in the gym.
Deftones - my own summer, that is real gym music.

My stories are:

Training my back on a bench, and then some random guy farts just in front of me.
That was a bad experience, and girls with too much perfume is almost just as bad in the gym.

This week some guy put an open half empty can of tuna in the shower, goddammit!

You know the machines, that are bikes but only for your arms?
If you don't pay attention, it really hurts banging the pedal into your face at full speed.

And yes I'll hang out muslims too here.
Standing naked in the shower seems normal to me, but awkward when 7 other dudes are in the showers with their boxers on.

Oh yeah, and another shower story. Once the gym switched the shower rooms for guys and girls because of repairs.
When they swithed it back, at least one girl didn't realize it. The room was pretty empty when I came out of the shower.
So this girl came passing me from behind. So she just saw some long hair, a towel around the shoulder and my well-trained butt.
And at that point she didn't realize anything yet. Then when she passed the next corner of lockers I heard a little scream.
I guess she met the next naked guy from the front biggrin.gif

Ben Higgins
I've never been to a gym rolleyes.gif

Could have been worse, Christian.. you could have been pumping iron along to this

Or maybe you were ? ph34r.gif
Gitarrero
Priceless stories Ulrik!
And yes Ben...I pumped iron along to this questionable classic...
Gabriel Leopardi
hahahah that's really bad! I could return home if I realize that I forget the ipod when I go to the gym. The always put the worst music ever!
Fran
laugh.gif I feel your pain. That should teach not to forget your mp3 next time tongue.gif
Sinisa Cekic
Hey, rhythm is perfect for the gym, don't complain !!! biggrin.gif tongue.gif
PosterBoy
Had to bail at the low point of a squat once, thought I'd got away without drawing any attention to myself, when a gym buddy came over and pointed to the barbell on the safety rails and said 'Isn't that meant to be up there?, pointing up at the top rest of the squat rack.

I feel your pain of forgetting the mp3 player.

Best workout album for me

Story of the year - In the wake of determination
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 5 2011, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never been to a gym rolleyes.gif

Could have been worse, Christian.. you could have been pumping iron along to this

Or maybe you were ? ph34r.gif

Ulrik - I have nothing to beat your stories ...YET smile.gif))))

Ben - as always +++++1 laugh.gif

We are quite a numerous bunch of friends, going to the same gym, in the same time! Some of my bandmates in Voodoo and Aria, are in this little fraternity and some other musician friends - now, we talk mostly about...guess what...MUSIC laugh.gif and all those jocks look at us like we're a bunch of freaks and they try to ask us the same stupid question which ignorant people ask all the time: 'How do you guys do that on stage? TANANANANANANANANANANA!!! Like that huh?'

Usually, I like to laugh with them, but actually I am laughing at them smile.gif feels good to know you're not a lackwit, doesn't it? laugh.gif
Mudbone
It could be worse, the gym could be playing hip hop mad.gif That music gives me diarrhea, and listening to it while I'm doing squats can have tragic consequences. Many times I actually just go back home if I forget my mp3 player.

I was at the gym one time, and this guy on the treadmill in front of me would run on it going forward, then jump, turn around, and run backwards, then jump, and repeat the process. Well as you would guess he ended jumping one last time, tripped, and crashed his big dumb face right into the treadmill... but he didn't fall off... he held on to the railing like Arnold holds on to a choppa, and managed to get back onto it. He started running again as if nothing ever happened. I'm sure he thought all the ladies were impressed by his spectacular save.

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Nov 5 2011, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah, and another shower story. Once the gym switched the shower rooms for guys and girls because of repairs.
When they swithed it back, at least one girl didn't realize it. The room was pretty empty when I came out of the shower.
So this girl came passing me from behind. So she just saw some long hair, a towel around the shoulder and my well-trained butt.
And at that point she didn't realize anything yet. Then when she passed the next corner of lockers I heard a little scream.
I guess she met the next naked guy from the front biggrin.gif

I'm sure if she walked in and saw my hairy butt in the shower stall, she would've thought somebody was washing a chimpanzee in the locker room tongue.gif
nikeman64
Oh great; gym stories,....after 33 years of pumping iron including 7 years of competition, I can tell hundreds of them !!!!

Here's one,

In those competition years we were on a very strict diet, you now : 6 meals a day, stuff like rice with tuna and pineapple tongue.gif .... Everything was measered properly. When new guys came to the gym and saw our hard earned muscles they wanted to become like us and asked us what they needed to do. I remember there was this skinny dude and he was really freaking out when he saw us. He followed us all around, wanted to know everything about training, nutrition, diet..... He was very hungry but kinda weird. Soon he asked us for a diet program and we gave him one ; rice, pasta, fruit, egg white, chicken, vegetables, oatmeal (jami jami)..., all on perfect calories.
After a few days we asked him how it all went. "It's not easy", he said "Man it's tough !!" "Yeah, we know man, but don't give up, after a while you'll get used to it. Bodybuilding is a way of life. .... No pain,... No gain !!! ( laugh.gif cool.gif )
And that was the last time we saw him for 2 weeks. Then he came back to the gym, even skinnier than before and told us he had experienced serious trouble with the diet we gave him. He had been in the hospital with a serious obstruction and disfunction of his intestines."How can that be man, it's all healthy food, we are doing this for years !!!", we replied.
It turned out he thought he needed to eat everything raw, so he had been eating all that rice, pasta, chicken, fish uncooked! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Now THAT ! ... is HARDCORE !!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (nikeman64 @ Nov 7 2011, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh great; gym stories,....after 33 years of pumping iron including 7 years of competition, I can tell hundreds of them !!!!

Here's one,

In those competition years we were on a very strict diet, you now : 6 meals a day, stuff like rice with tuna and pineapple tongue.gif .... Everything was measered properly. When new guys came to the gym and saw our hard earned muscles they wanted to become like us and asked us what they needed to do. I remember there was this skinny dude and he was really freaking out when he saw us. He followed us all around, wanted to know everything about training, nutrition, diet..... He was very hungry but kinda weird. Soon he asked us for a diet program and we gave him one ; rice, pasta, fruit, egg white, chicken, vegetables, oatmeal (jami jami)..., all on perfect calories.
After a few days we asked him how it all went. "It's not easy", he said "Man it's tough !!" "Yeah, we know man, but don't give up, after a while you'll get used to it. Bodybuilding is a way of life. .... No pain,... No gain !!! ( laugh.gif cool.gif )
And that was the last time we saw him for 2 weeks. Then he came back to the gym, even skinnier than before and told us he had experienced serious trouble with the diet we gave him. He had been in the hospital with a serious obstruction and disfunction of his intestines."How can that be man, it's all healthy food, we are doing this for years !!!", we replied.
It turned out he thought he needed to eat everything raw, so he had been eating all that rice, pasta, chicken, fish uncooked! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif he could've won 'Toughest viking warrior' PERIOD!
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Nov 6 2011, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure if she walked in and saw my hairy butt in the shower stall, she would've thought somebody was washing a chimpanzee in the locker room tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (nikeman64 @ Nov 7 2011, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's one,

O.M.G. !!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
I do my workouts at home guys wink.gif cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.