Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funky Video Collaboration! :)
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Ivan Milenkovic
Pages: 1, 2
Ivan Milenkovic
Time for another cool video collaboration!! biggrin.gif This time featuring groovy funky track! smile.gif Have fun with this track, jam a bit and join in! smile.gif

For all veteran collaborators, this is another video collaboration, and I will put together a nice video mix of all of us playing over this track, should be cool! smile.gif For those who are collaborating for the first time, here are couple of simple guidelines:

- Listen to the track
- Jam a bit to find something interesting (check the bottom of this post for some scale recommendations for this one)
- Record yourself playing over the track with a webcam
- While recording with a webcam, record a solo track of your guitar in a separate program, and send it separately as an audio file (this will help me get better tone when I mix)
- For any questions, feel free to ask, I'll be glad to help! smile.gif

Here are general collaboration guidelines:

Collab type: video
Key: F#
Deadline: 30th of November
Tempo: 120bpm
Scale recommendations:

F# minor pentatonic:

F# dorian:
thefireball
Hmmm...never done funk before, but I'll give it a try and see if I can do it. wink.gif Nobody's joined? ohmy.gif

-Brandon
quadrium
Awesome! biggrin.gif I'm in smile.gif
K1R
Count me in smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Great! biggrin.gif Glad to see you on this collab guys! smile.gif
lindman
This is a fun idea !

Im in =)
Daniel Realpe
great backing! I'm in!
Ivan Milenkovic
Thanks guys, glad to see you onboard! smile.gif Deadline is by the end of the month! smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Ivan's invitation is NOT DENIABLE biggrin.gif that cake song in the v-chat just got me fired up! biggrin.gif
Todd Simpson
How could I have missed this? I"M IN! BRING THE FUNK! wink.gif

Ivan Milenkovic
Thanks guys! smile.gif
quadrium
Here is my take Ivan smile.gif

Ivan Milenkovic
Awesome man! smile.gif
Gitarrero
I'll give it a shot!
Nimrandir
I'm in smile.gif. Never played funk before, so it will probably sound a bit.. weird biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Awesome! smile.gif
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Nov 17 2011, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in smile.gif. Never played funk before, so it will probably sound a bit.. weird biggrin.gif

No weirder than mine smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
haha, I'm sure it will be awesome biggrin.gif
AK Rich
Here is a take of some ideas (and a tip of the hat) I came up with for my first collab. hope ya like it! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Nov 19 2011, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a take of some ideas (and a tip of the hat) I came up with for my first collab. hope ya like it! biggrin.gif

I really like this take man! great job!
Ivan Milenkovic
That is awesome mate, thanks a lot! smile.gif
AK Rich
Thanks guys, smile.gif Its a really kool backing and I had alot of fun with it. I kind of wish I had more time to put in a couple of other ideas I had but hey thats how it goes I guess. Its the kind of backing that you just dont want to end right yet tongue.gif

Rich....

EDIT PS I wassnt sure if this was needed or not but I figured why not add it anyway. Its the final video wmv file.

Click to view attachment
Ivan Milenkovic
Awesome licks, and great axe man! smile.gif Third stone from the Sun! biggrin.gif hehe smile.gif)
AK Rich
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 19 2011, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome licks, and great axe man! smile.gif Third stone from the Sun! biggrin.gif hehe smile.gif)

Right on Ivan thanks alot man! Glad you like it smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Awesome, I'll give more detailed comments at the end of the collab! smile.gif
Daniel Realpe
This is what I could come up with, it's an improvised take (you can tell for the facial expressions I'm not thinking tongue.gif) it's probably the 4th 5th take I did,

excellent backing you posted Ivan!
Ivan Milenkovic
Woow, that's a monster take man, awesome playing! biggrin.gif Thanks a lot for joining in Daniel, lots of respect for you! smile.gif
El Fortinero
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Nov 21 2011, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is what I could come up with, it's an improvised take (you can tell for the facial expressions I'm not thinking tongue.gif) it's probably the 4th 5th take I did,

Daniel this is "tremendo" !!!!!! awesome take!!! love your style, i´m going to check all your lessons!
Daniel Realpe
Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

Ivan, feel free to just take a clip from it because I know it's a bit long smile.gif
AK Rich
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Nov 21 2011, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah!! that was smokin man! all kinds of candy coming out of that take . Nice chops Daniel cool.gif

Peace, Rich......
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Nov 23 2011, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

Ivan, feel free to just take a clip from it because I know it's a bit long smile.gif

OK man, sure will! Again, it's awesome to have you on this collab! smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Mine's coming on Sunday tongue.gif
Sinisa Cekic
Mine these days ,yeah smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
biggrin.gif hey guys, here's the audio take tongue.gif gonna post the vid on Sunday as well biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Wow, awesome take Cosmin, great lines, this should be very interesting in the song! smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 26 2011, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, awesome take Cosmin, great lines, this should be very interesting in the song! smile.gif

Thank you Ivan! I felt great doing it biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Alrighty! biggrin.gif Here's my stuff biggrin.gif

Video: https://rapidshare.com/files/2249875341/cos...fara_camasa.mp4

Track (Solo and backing): https://rapidshare.com/files/1937046510/Iva...smin_s_Take.wav

Solo track: https://rapidshare.com/files/2115624400/Sol...no_backing_.wav

biggrin.gif can't wait for the final one tongue.gif

Cosmin
Ivan Milenkovic
Wow, awesome take Cosmin! biggrin.gif I like the video a lot, this should look great! Thanks! biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 28 2011, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, awesome take Cosmin! biggrin.gif I like the video a lot, this should look great! Thanks! biggrin.gif

Dude I jammed with my band mate from Aria on the backing track biggrin.gif he liked it very much as well tongue.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Awesome, I'm glad he liked it smile.gif Say hello to him smile.gif
Bushybrows
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Nov 18 2011, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Click to view attachment

Totally beast man! I dig that a lot. Nice job smile.gif
AK Rich
QUOTE (Bushybrows @ Nov 28 2011, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Totally beast man! I dig that a lot. Nice job smile.gif

Right on Bushybrows thanks a ton man! cool.gif Peace!
Ivan Milenkovic
Yeah, I agree, that is really an awesome take! smile.gif I'll wait until the end of the month for some more collaborators, I hope we will have more recordings on this one! smile.gif
JamesT
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 29 2011, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I agree, that is really an awesome take! smile.gif I'll wait until the end of the month for some more collaborators, I hope we will have more recordings on this one! smile.gif

I should have something within a few days. I'm almost done working out the parts. My take will be kind of rhythmic/riffs. ...not too creative, but maybe it will mix well with some of the other solo takes. Having a blast working on it though.

Ivan Milenkovic
OK James, thanks my friend smile.gif Looking forward in hearing your take smile.gif
K1R
Hi Ivan! I'm working on my take, but funk has always been tough for me. Is it okay if i post my take tomorrow?
Ivan Milenkovic
Sure thing! smile.gif
Todd Simpson
Very cool collab smile.gif Had a blast with it! Here is my take

With backing

Click to view attachment

Without backing

Click to view attachment

Video Preview

Video File

Click to view attachment
Ivan Milenkovic
Excellent! Thank you very much Todd! smile.gif Awesome take and sound, really diggin it! smile.gif
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 1 2011, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent! Thank you very much Todd! smile.gif Awesome take and sound, really diggin it! smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif I'm running in clean/no fx and using the Overloud TH2 plugin with an AutoWah. I'm really liking the Overloud plugin these days. The AutoWah is a bit thicker than the Guitar Rig patch I created a bit back.

The light changing on me is done by a spiff little device that costs less than 30 bux. Even comes with a remote control smile.gif

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/831e/

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.