Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is Your Reverb Of Choice?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Recording
Ivan Milenkovic
Question for all: What reverbs do you use when applying this FX to your tracks? smile.gif

I'm using stock Cubase 5 reverb, called Roomworks for all pilot projects, reverbs from guitar emulator plugins, or Altiverb 6 if there is need for a nice lush reverb.
OzRob
QL Spaces for me. However my DAW upgrade includes a highly tweakable convo verb with an IR maker so I imagine I'll get around to playing with that soon enough.
Ivan Milenkovic
Another interesting question arises here as well:

What are the benefits of a IR (Impulse response) reverbs, compared to regular digital reverbs?
tonymiro
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 13 2011, 09:47 AM) *
Another interesting question arises here as well:

What are the benefits of a IR (Impulse response) reverbs, compared to regular digital reverbs?

AFAIK they are meant to model the actual 3 d space and it's physical properties along with (in some maybe not all cases) also allowing you to define where the locus point is for the verb mic.

Flux have a new reverb out and as Flux are generally very good vsts it should be worth a look.

Otherwise Lexicon's own emulation of its hardware verbs is great but expensive. Hardware wise the usual suspects - Lexicon, Eventide, Yamaha and Bricasti are all worth checking out.

If you're short of cash SIR do quite a nice IR.
thefireball
I like cavernous reverb best.
Gabriel Leopardi
Great topic! The best reverb that I used is Altiverb. I also like the reverb included in the Izotope Ozone.

Sinisa Cekic
Lexicon Pantheon and sometime Ozon's integral !
Ivan Milenkovic
Excellent suggestions guys, keep them coming! smile.gif
Todd Simpson
There is a KILLER Convolution reverb inside of Guitar Rig/NI Player called REFLEKTOR. Zero latency impulses, great sound, just killer. You can download a free demo to check it out. It sounds great on just about anything.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/pro...-rig/reflektor/

Click to view attachment
Ivan Milenkovic
Reflektor can be a very good reverb, it's integral part of NI's Komplete package too smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.