Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Superchops - Howard Roberts
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Graeme Davies
I've recently been looking into the 'Superchops' method made famous by Howard Roberts (founder of GIC). I've been a guitar teacher for 15 years and I've been seeking a technique show my students which will allow them to find freedom on the fretboard. My thoughts on this method are that it seems like a great way to become 'at one' with the fretboard and to finally start hearing how different scales sound over various chord shapes.

I wish to apply this method to Blues techniques (as apposed to jazz).

Has anyone used this method and if so, how did you find it. Also, if anyone has any ideas about applying to Blues scales (eg. ninth chords with maybe a minor pentatonic or minor blues scale), please post your comments.

Thanks GMC, keep rocking.

Regards
Graeme DAVIES
Ivan Milenkovic
hey Graeme

I'm not exactly sure what this method is, but it's great that you are working on creating a method on your own. Perhaps we can help there? I'm also interested in finding such method, it's possible to make several interesting combinations, but the learning is always based on going from basics to more advanced stuff in terms of a course, like starting from simple chord and pentatonic patterns, and then learning the theory, arpeggios, modes, practicing over chords, etc..

How do you feel about students motivation as opposed to using different methods?
Cosmin Lupu
This is very interesting for me as well smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
I've never heard about this method.. do you have any link to share where we can check it?
thefireball
Does this help anyone? A quick google got me this:

Project #2
Project #3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.