Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Else Do You Practice?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Ivan Milenkovic
Being a musician requires multiple skills, specially in a world today. If you want to achieve something, you have to know a little bit of everything, and constantly learn and renew knowledge in order to keep up.

Besides the usual technical exercises and music theory that are representing the basics of our music studies, what else do you learn/study/practice? smile.gif

(Doesn't have to be strictly music related)
Daniel Realpe
I study by learning my favorite songs! imitating is a great way to develop your own skills imo
Ivan Milenkovic
That's a great way to learn Daniel! smile.gif
zeus
Technique and theory used to be my main focus. But since joining this site, I have been learning completely different styles than what I am comfortable with. It's crazy how something seems like it would be simple to play, yet it is so different compared to what you are used to it takes a lot of work to just sound like the recording. Learning the new styles opens up another dimension of music in my brain and is very helpful. It opens the creative floodgates in my own playing, which I find equally important to technique and theory.
El Fortinero
Somedays, when no one sees me, I play stood up in front of a mirror, and practice postures, movements and all that stuff that a rock guitar player must do on stage. I truly believe that "the show" is more important than to play accurate or fast or whatever.

Every audience prefers ang good rock show instead of and accurate boring one..IMO

The great ones do both things perfectly
thefireball
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Nov 21 2011, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Somedays, when no one sees me, I play stood up in front of a mirror, and practice postures, movements and all that stuff that a rock guitar player must do on stage. I truly believe that "the show" is more important than to play accurate or fast or whatever.

Every audience prefers ang good rock show instead of and accurate boring one..IMO

You mean like this? laugh.gif

Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Nov 22 2011, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do this almost everyday smile.gif and I am looking at the playlist, finding out the key moments in songs where all the band has to move, jump, headbang or whatever is required! I also think that a static concert is boring, unless its nature is so - for instance an Al DiMEola concert doesn't need too much movement smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Excellent topics guys! smile.gif So it seems that practicing for stage is one of the most important things for a musician? smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 22 2011, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do this almost everyday smile.gif and I am looking at the playlist, finding out the key moments in songs where all the band has to move, jump, headbang or whatever is required! I also think that a static concert is boring, unless its nature is so - for instance an Al DiMEola concert doesn't need too much movement smile.gif

This is so important for me! Nowadays I'm working on sounds and effects for my next concert. I set 4 patches for each song... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.