Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Dog Ate My Chocolate !
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Ben Higgins
I had some rum chocolate truffles that I kept upstairs but I was trying to stop myself eating them so I put them downstairs out of temptation's reach..

That day the dog chose to make an unscheduled escape from the kitchen and find these truffles.. she didn't even eat them there, she took the packet back to her bed in the kitchen and ate most of them in comfort before being discovered ! dry.gif

These are the type of rum truffles in question..

Click to view attachment

This is the guilty dog in question..

Click to view attachment

This is probably the face she made when she found them !

One of her past 'achievements' was eating a leftover kebab with lots of chillis in it.. the chillis came out the other end.. some eaten and some intact.

So, what things of yours has your dog or pet eaten ?

Saoirse O'Shea
Not my dog but my mother in law's dog ate in 1 week whilst we were visiting for XMas a few years back:

1 large tub of margerine
1 bunch of bananas with skins on
2 large home made fish pies
1 bag of chocolates that my daughter then aged 3 had made as XMas presents.
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 30 2011, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not my dog but my mother in law's dog ate in 1 week whilst we were visiting for XMas a few years back:

1 large tub of margerine

O.M.G.

Is it really a dog or a small alligator ??? ohmy.gif

You can understand most of those things but a tub of margerine ?????
MickeM
Are you sure it was the dog and not just your bad consience talking here? You're feeling bad you ate all them truffles all the the same time, don't you?
Blaming a defenseless dog, bah. You even placed the evidence in it's basket to make a clear case out of it wink.gif

One of her past 'achievements' was eating a leftover kebab with lots of chillis in it.. the chillis came out the other end.. some eaten and some intact.

Hey... the image can't rid the image!!! At least some of the meal was saved then. Let's hope the truffles stay intact too so they didn't go to waste.

ph34r.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (MickeM @ Dec 30 2011, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure it was the dog and not just your bad consience talking here? You're feeling bad you ate all them truffles all the the same time, don't you?
Blaming a defenseless dog, bah. You even placed the evidence in it's basket to make a clear case out of it wink.gif

I want my lawyer... ph34r.gif
JD_
Mg American Staffy, "Zeus" has cost me alot of money in the things he has chewed up....

90 dollar laptop power cord
4 pairs of the Missus' shoes
Guitar lead
2 Pairs of my thongs (an Australian Icon)
So many pairs of clothes, pants etc....

And now I have a 7month old Son, the dog tries to take his toys and claim them, every time I catch him and tell him off, he gives me this look....

Ben Higgins
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Dec 30 2011, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mg American Staffy, "Zeus" has cost me alot of money in the things he has chewed up....

4 pairs of the Missus' shoes

Let's face it.. they were the most expensive items weren't they ? wink.gif

QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Dec 30 2011, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
every time I catch him and tell him off, he gives me this look....

There's nothing you can do when they give you 'the look' is there ? laugh.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
My dog takes the trash every time that she can enter to the house... she also ate the cheese some times...

JD_
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 30 2011, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's face it.. they were the most expensive items weren't they ? wink.gif

There's nothing you can do when they give you 'the look' is there ? laugh.gif

1... Yea your spot on about the shoes. Good thing was it reduced her shoe wardrobe...always a good thing, from my perspective anyway.

2... "The Look" is crippling....in fact if memory servs me correct, The Look is how I got my Missus, and alcohol of course cool.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Dec 30 2011, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1... Yea your spot on about the shoes. Good thing was it reduced her shoe wardrobe...always a good thing, from my perspective anyway.

2... "The Look" is crippling....in fact if memory servs me correct, The Look is how I got my Missus, and alcohol of course cool.gif

Haha, I'm risking life and limb from my own missus by publicly agreeing with you but hey, why not ? biggrin.gif

'The Look' is a multi purpose tool which is crucial in the arsenal of any 21st century man wink.gif
JD_
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 30 2011, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, I'm risking life and limb from my own missus by publicly agreeing with you but hey, why not ? biggrin.gif

'The Look' is a multi purpose tool which is crucial in the arsenal of any 21st century man wink.gif

HAHA.... Ah, when in doubt, pull "The Look" out...

G.A.B.S for life!
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 30 2011, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1 large tub of margerine

Oh my.. this sounds inconvenient.. smile.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 30 2011, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She saw this post... I got another kind of 'Look' from her ! wink.gif
JD_
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 30 2011, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She saw this post... I got another kind of 'Look' from her ! wink.gif

Haha.... some many inappropriate responses I could post, lets see If i can gently get this across...

She gave you the look that tells you... "You know those strong fingers you have from playing guitar?....Well your gonna need them for a while"
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Dec 30 2011, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha.... some many inappropriate responses I could post, lets see If i can gently get this across...

She gave you the look that tells you... "You know those strong fingers you have from playing guitar?....Well your gonna need them for a while"

No man.. it was more like 'You know those fingers that you need for playing guitar ? They might get trapped in a door !'
JD_
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 30 2011, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No man.. it was more like 'You know those fingers that you need for playing guitar ? They might get trapped in a door !'

Ouch.....That's no good haha cool.gif
Daniel Realpe
These evil creatures...

I hope you get your chocolates back Ben...

I now feel the need to eat some myself. Thanks! biggrin.gif
Sensible Jones
I used to share a Flat with my best friend and she has 2 Jack Russells that ate one of my Elecrtical Testers (Expensive one too), one of my 'Support your local Hells Angels' vest, several pairs of my Shoes/Boots and a couple of towels!
sad.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 1 2012, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These evil creatures...

I hope you get your chocolates back Ben...

I now feel the need to eat some myself. Thanks! biggrin.gif

Well, the only way I'd get them 'back' is if I'm willing to pick through their...umm.. well, you know... blink.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 1 2012, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used to share a Flat with my best friend and she has 2 Jack Russells that ate one of my Elecrtical Testers (Expensive one too), one of my 'Support your local Hells Angels' vest, several pairs of my Shoes/Boots and a couple of towels!
sad.gif

Are you sure it wasn't your flatmate eating them ??? unsure.gif
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 2 2012, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure it wasn't your flatmate eating them ??? unsure.gif

Now there's a thought.......
blink.gif
Bossie
I had a Beagle ...he was a real thief ..they're known for that! Even the neighbours caught him stealing food at their house!! rolleyes.gif

unfortunately he passed away couple of weeks ago...lots of memories from that lil guy..
Alex Feather
A string. It took a while for it to come out all the way. It was gross!
Todd Simpson
BEN! Chocolate is toxic to dogs! Seriously man. They can get really ill from it. It it's a small amount and a decent size dog it's probably fine. But here is a link about it. I had a relative lose a pet this way.

http://www.dogownersdigest.com/news/librar...poisoning.shtml
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jan 3 2012, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a Beagle ...he was a real thief ..they're known for that! Even the neighbours caught him stealing food at their house!! rolleyes.gif

unfortunately he passed away couple of weeks ago...lots of memories from that lil guy..

Haha, he sounded like a great character.... sorry to hear he passed away.

QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jan 3 2012, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A string. It took a while for it to come out all the way. It was gross!

Not a guitar string ???? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 3 2012, 05:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BEN! Chocolate is toxic to dogs! Seriously man. They can get really ill from it. It it's a small amount and a decent size dog it's probably fine. But here is a link about it. I had a relative lose a pet this way.

http://www.dogownersdigest.com/news/librar...poisoning.shtml

Thanks Todd.. yes I did know that dogs and chocolate were mutually exclusive ... although I swear Whizzy has a stomach that can tolerate anything. It amazes me, the things that dog has eaten. But rest assured, no more accidental choc for her !!! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.