Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Overloud Th2 - Preset Vault
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Todd Simpson
Todd Simpson
Here is my first OVERLOUD TH2 Patch for the New Year! Enjoy! This is using a RANDALL amp head emulation to make a
silky/bluesy/low gain rythm tone with tons of dynamis. Here is the patch and a sample.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
snackajacks
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 2 2012, 11:05 AM) *
Here is my first OVERLOUD TH2 Patch for the New Year! Enjoy! This is using a RANDALL amp head emulation to make a
silky/bluesy/low gain rythm tone with tons of dynamis. Here is the patch and a sample.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

it wont let me inport it says it contains bad info, I click in an emty space/import and then select .xml
weird

fixed : I renamed it after a factory preset and saved is as bank001.xml
biggrin.gif ty
Ivan Milenkovic
Nice sounding preset Todd! smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Cool tone man! I like it. wink.gif
Todd Simpson
IVAN: Are you using TH2? If you are using it, let me know how the patch sounds on your sytem!

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 4 2012, 01:16 PM) *
Nice sounding preset Todd! smile.gif

Many thanks smile.gif Are you using the Overloud stuff? I've started using Th1 (the starter version) just cause it seems so quick and dirty for building patches. Both are great though smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 4 2012, 01:31 PM) *
Cool tone man! I like it. wink.gif

Todd Simpson
DJENT "ISH" TH2 PATCH!

TH2 is focused on "Tube" sounding amp emulations to a large degree IMHO (but feel free to take the other side of that for some lively posting) but I thought I'd try to make a more "Djenty" or Djent "ISH", sorta kinda patch than usual with it. If you have TH2, this one is for you! If you don't have it, Good Lord man go download the demo already! smile.gif

**IMPORTANT TIP! Notice the FX Chain, being able to understand what is going on in the fx chain will help you be able to built your own patches in software and in the real world!

Click to view attachment

(FOR COMPARISON HERE IS A DJENTY PATCH FROM GUITAR RIG 5, WOW BUILT FOR DEATH)
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Todd Simpson
SEE ABOVE POST FOR TH2 patch!

Click to view attachment
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 12 2012, 04:46 AM) *
DJENT "ISH" TH2 PATCH!

TH2 is focused on "Tube" sounding amp emulations to a large degree IMHO (but feel free to take the other side of that for some lively posting) but I thought I'd try to make a more "Djenty" or Djent "ISH", sorta kinda patch than usual with it. If you have TH2, this one is for you! If you don't have it, Good Lord man go download the demo already! smile.gif

**IMPORTANT TIP! Notice the FX Chain, being able to understand what is going on in the fx chain will help you be able to built your own patches in software and in the real world!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I just found this new wacky patch in the GUITAR RIG 5 (NEW) section and it's wacky. I"ll post a custom version soon. Here is a preview.
Click to view attachment
Todd Simpson
GMC LESSON 103 OVERLOUD TH2 PATCH "Djentish"

*This is the patch for this weekends Lessons! See you this Saturday!

I wanted to try another djenty sounding patch with TH2. This patch requires NO EXTERNAL GEAR. Just your guitar and your computer. Plug in and crank it up!

Preview
Click to view attachment
Patch
Click to view attachment
Screen Grab
Click to view attachment

Nihilist1
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 30 2012, 01:11 AM) *
GMC LESSON 103 OVERLOUD TH2 PATCH "Djentish"

*This is the patch for this weekends Lessons! See you this Saturday!

I wanted to try another djenty sounding patch with TH2. This patch requires NO EXTERNAL GEAR. Just your guitar and your computer. Plug in and crank it up!

Preview
Click to view attachment
Patch
Click to view attachment
Screen Grab
Click to view attachment

Thanks! That leads me to a question that I have to ask -- and it seems like everyone has this issue. How do you import banks to TH2? I tried before I left for my trip and couldn't figure it out!

PS. I was away on a fishing trip. Sorry for the late reply!
Todd Simpson
no worries smile.gif here is a vid to walk you through importing in to th2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX6NZjIi_eg...be_gdata_player

QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Aug 6 2012, 09:09 AM) *
Thanks! That leads me to a question that I have to ask -- and it seems like everyone has this issue. How do you import banks to TH2? I tried before I left for my trip and couldn't figure it out!

PS. I was away on a fishing trip. Sorry for the late reply!

Nihilist1
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 7 2012, 05:14 AM) *

Thanks!
Todd Simpson
No prob! Let me know what you think about the patch!

QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Aug 7 2012, 01:27 AM) *
Thanks!

pikman
Hi Todd,I dig your lessons man and the licks you have are killer.i also wanted to ask you how you load these presets you have in TH2 ? if you have a minute bro that would rule...Thanks brother....shred....pikman
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (pikman @ Aug 17 2012, 11:23 AM) *
Hi Todd,I dig your lessons man and the licks you have are killer.i also wanted to ask you how you load these presets you have in TH2 ? if you have a minute bro that would rule...Thanks brother....shred....pikman

Thanks smile.gif Here is a link to a video to walk you through it! I tend to make my patches a bit crazy on the gain, and sometimes to tight on noise gate as a result. So if your sustain is getting cut off, trim back the gate! smile.gif

pikman
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 18 2012, 03:09 AM) *
Thanks smile.gif Here is a link to a video to walk you through it! I tend to make my patches a bit crazy on the gain, and sometimes to tight on noise gate as a result. So if your sustain is getting cut off, trim back the gate! smile.gif

Thanks bro I will check out the video.......I appreciate it......shred
Todd Simpson
VAN HALEN TONE CLONE PATCH
("You Really Got Me" Tone)

Here is an OVERLOUD TH2 patch I designed to sound like early EDDIE VANHALEN. Much less expensive than buying his old rig smile.gif
Here is a sound sample.

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/vanhalenish-patch-overloud-th2

Here is the patch itself.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Todd Simpson
Here is a quick vid about importing IR files in to TH2. (IR files are IMPULSE RESPONSE FILES) that mimic the sound of a certain guitar cabinet with a certain microphone at a certain angle)

Todd Simpson
BRUNETTI INSANITY PATCH!!

(Direct Link to this post: http://bitly.com/brunetti_insanity )

*Custom built for SPOCK! This is a "High Gain" patch based on the BRUNETTI ( Boutique Italian Amps that cost more than your car) tube head. Enjoy!!

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/free-download-overloud-th2-custom-patch-brunetti-insanity

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.