Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Thing You Recorder So Far?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Ivan Milenkovic
We constantly record something, and try to make it as good sounding as possible. No one can find so many imperfections in a creation as a creator. But surely you have some favorites, something that you really think "it sounds really good" smile.gif

What is some of the best-sounding thing you recorded so far? smile.gif
Gitarrero
To me, it is my latest full song I recorded. It doesn't have a name yet, so I just called it "punk tune" since it is a pop punk song.
I am writing lyrics for it now, haven't decided on the topic yet. Most likely it's gonna be a "do what you want...carpe diem" topic laugh.gif

It is not on youtube yet, so check it on soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/gitarrero/punk-tune1

Christian
The Uncreator
For me it would be my song "Captain Bella Lind". For one, I got to write a song about my favorite character from my favorite book, and also at the same time the song is largely about some of my life, so its a personal thing as well.

And finally, I love the way it came out. With the exception of my PODX3, most of my equipment is crap, outdated, and utterly useless to most people - I don't even have my monitors, amp, or my higher end headphones anymore so mixing is very frustrating. The mastering came out well, and while I am far from being anything other than n00bish at it, this song helped me learn a lot about controlling dynamics across long time periods and different musical spectrums ( big guitar riffs, with electronic instrumentals...) - So this song for me is a milestone, it marks a easily visible improvement in my songwriting and production, at least to me smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/lascailles-shroud/captain-bella-lind
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 7 2012, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me it would be my song "Captain Bella Lind". For one, I got to write a song about my favorite character from my favorite book, and also at the same time the song is largely about some of my life, so its a personal thing as well.

And finally, I love the way it came out. With the exception of my PODX3, most of my equipment is crap, outdated, and utterly useless to most people - I don't even have my monitors, amp, or my higher end headphones anymore so mixing is very frustrating. The mastering came out well, and while I am far from being anything other than n00bish at it, this song helped me learn a lot about controlling dynamics across long time periods and different musical spectrums ( big guitar riffs, with electronic instrumentals...) - So this song for me is a milestone, it marks a easily visible improvement in my songwriting and production, at least to me smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/lascailles-shroud/captain-bella-lind

Yes, that is a very impressive song.. I listened to it a while back smile.gif Considering you don't have great gear to mix with, as you say, you do a damn good job ! I'm in the same boat myself.. my monitors are cheap with hardly any low end at all dry.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 7 2012, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is some of the best-sounding thing you recorded so far? smile.gif

The best sounding things I'ver recorded to date are not ready to be released for a long time in the future sad.gif I can't wait until it is time though........ smile.gif
superize

I was really happy with this one
Ferning78
http://soundcloud.com/ferning78/lebarbe

This is my fourth rec and i will be proud... until the fifth!
Cosmin Lupu
Hmmmm, I think that the Aria songs from the sonic landscape perspective if we may call it like that smile.gif there's this one called 'Grace' (it features the passages from the Djent Lesson and the Breaking down Drop A one)

I can't really make my mind up actually laugh.gif
Daniel Realpe
I'm working on new stuff now that sounds really good imo, and that motivates me to keep going,

It's so important to sound great, it's so simple yet elusive, cause sometimes we focus so much on the notes and not the sound!

Gabriel Leopardi
My band's last album...

JD_
I was Happy with this....

thefireball
My latest Christmas mixes which I know you guys have already heard. wink.gif I was really happy the way those turned out. I always strive to make my next thing better. I can't ever finish a song though, because I always find something wrong with it! rolleyes.gif
PosterBoy
For me it's an acoustic track called Bluebird Days that I composed and recorded about 7 years ago, it's always been the piece everyone has commented on and has also had some internet radio play.
Alex Feather
I really like how my song All About The Rain turned out!

JamesT
Great sounding stuff from everyone.
Man, Superize, you're getting good!

I was pretty happy with this one...

Todd Simpson
It's just a tone really. I've been working on creating my "Last GR4 Patch" before I move all the way to GR5 at which point, none of my new patches can be used by folks using GR4 so I wanted to go out with a bang. I wanted something crazy aggressive that didn't require an external direct box or pre-amp in order to sound heavy. That's the one weakness of GR4 IMIHO, in that it sounds better with something driving it a bit. I think I finally did it.

I call it SUPER MONSTER.

Enjoy!

Here is the patch
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
maharzan
I would saw a song from my band back in 2007. We recorded the vocals in 2 takes. smile.gif
ygro
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 8 2012, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My band's last album...

great leopardi!!!! I like the style soooo much!!!! Como no sé como se dice en inglés y creo que lo entiendes, espero aprender grandes cosas de tus lecciones!!!! laugh.gif

The video of my last demo, a lot of mistakes, The Cure Tribute!!!!, made with reaper at home heheheh

Alex Feather
You guys are sounding very good!!!
PosterBoy
I love this site, no keyboards warriors, everybody puts their money where their mouth is. There's no bragging about abilities just examples.

Anyone else wish they were in Gabriel's band?
Alex Feather
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 8 2012, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My band's last album...

I like your band a lot! Sounds very good!!!
Dinaga
The best-sounding thing I recorded so far is the Lion King arrangement I made couple of months ago. I didn't use a preset, I meddled with the tone the whole day and created my own mellow sound, so I guess that's why I'm proud of it. smile.gif

snackajacks
I only have 2 : here they are

Sweet child o mine ( uploaded today )
http://soundcloud.com/marc-thalen/sweet-child-o-mine-guitar

Comfortably numb ( upload yesterday)
http://soundcloud.com/marc-thalen/pink-floyd-sample-ux2

I prefer the beginnen of sweet child o mine as my little succes recording, Im totally not comfortable yet
with recording. somehow it gets a lot of pressure on me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.