Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (pass, 8.6) The Rolling Stones Rhythm
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
smolentsev
Original lesson: The Rolling Stones Rhythm by Ivan Milenkovic

Hi, GMC! I've made some rhythm workout and here is the result! I like oldschool sound like keith richards has, so it was pleasure to play in this style. Thanks to Ivan for the lesson smile.gif
Cheers!
Artyom Smolentsev.
Ivan Milenkovic
Very nice playing and timing, you nailed it! smile.gif Great sounding take. Couple of things to consider: when strumming, try to strum more swiftly, so you don't hear individual strings, try to strum, like one string instead of 6, it will sound more tighter and better. Chord changes are good, a bit "lazy" but working OK for this style.
Gabriel Leopardi
Good take mate! I would only add to Ivan's great feedback that everything could sound more groovy and aggressive. By the way you did a good job and the tone is very close (very Richards). Keep on rollin'! smile.gif
Ben Higgins
Great take ! I don't know enough about Keith Richard's sound to judge the tone but i would echo Ivan's thoughts about putting more instant 'snap' into some of those strums smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Excellent take and great advice from everyone! Punch a bit more tightness in the overall playing and you should get there!
Alex Feather
QUOTE (smolentsev @ Jan 22 2012, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Original lesson: The Rolling Stones Rhythm by Ivan Milenkovic

Hi, GMC! I've made some rhythm workout and here is the result! I like oldschool sound like keith richards has, so it was pleasure to play in this style. Thanks to Ivan for the lesson smile.gif
Cheers!
Artyom Smolentsev.

Great take! Your timing is a little off but the overall sound is really good! Also nice guitar I use to have a Greco strat! Great instruments!
skennington
8.6, pass!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.