Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Indie Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Gabriel Leopardi
carminemarotta
Gabriel
nice lesson today. Is a Blur style coming soon?

I have a question. In the 2nd video you play a 2 string riff. Are the notes played from the scales used or/and from the chords?
It may be silly but I am trying to study generally the "application" of the scales and not just playing the scale patters or licks with them.
Thanks in advance
Carmine
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi friend! Thanks for the request! I'll add Blur to the list!

The idea is created using the notes from the chords and adding one one from the scale as a passing note... when I compose this type of things I first create a simple and repetitive melody and then I add another string with a note from the chord to make it sound cooler. So.. the higher notes appeared in my mind, I didn't think in the notes of the chords... but if you analize them you'll notice that two notes can be found in the chord... the lower note (4th fret in the 2nd string) is the root of the first chord and the 5th of the second chord.
carminemarotta
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 26 2012, 04:00 PM) *
Hi friend! Thanks for the request! I'll add Blur to the list!

The idea is created using the notes from the chords and adding one one from the scale as a passing note... when I compose this type of things I first create a simple and repetitive melody and then I add another string with a note from the chord to make it sound cooler. So.. the higher notes appeared in my mind, I didn't think in the notes of the chords... but if you analize them you'll notice that two notes can be found in the chord... the lower note (4th fret in the 2nd string) is the root of the first chord and the 5th of the second chord.

Thanks Gabriel!

Carmine
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Jan 26 2012, 04:47 PM) *
Thanks Gabriel!

Carmine

no problem mate! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.