Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Led Zeppelin Video Collab
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Gabriel Leopardi
Pages: 1, 2
Gabriel Leopardi
Hey guys!! I recorded this backing track to do a cool Video Collab for youtube!!

Check it out: Click to view attachment
The tune is in A minor and I hope that you record some rocker takes here! Rocker licks, some shredding, lots of bends and feeling. The quiet parts work only as an introduction and bridge between takes so it is not necessary to record something over it...

Please send me the files via Rapidshare.
Mp4 or Avi for video files
Wav or 320 kbit mp3 for audio files.

Deadline: 22th February (15 days)

Let's ROCK the web!! Who is in??? smile.gif

Gitarrero
Woohoo, awesome collab!
I'm in!
DreamForge
me 2 would like to being in a vcollab ^^
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 7 2012, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woohoo, awesome collab!
I'm in!

Cool mate! smile.gif

QUOTE (DreamForge @ Feb 7 2012, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
me 2 would like to being in a vcollab ^^

You are welcome! smile.gif
derper
Just FYI (Perhaps Bogdan finally DID get some sleep for once!!), but this collab is not yet updated to the "pinned" collab topic in the Practice Room forum. I stumbled onto this out of curiosity, from the link in your signature. I thought it was an old collab or something, but I LOVE the mighty hammer of the gods (ZEPPELIN!!) so I wanted to check it out.

Lucky for me....it's a current collab!! Rock-it-sauce!! laugh.gif dry.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (derper @ Feb 7 2012, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just FYI (Perhaps Bogdan finally DID get some sleep for once!!), but this collab is not yet updated to the "pinned" collab topic in the Practice Room forum. I stumbled onto this out of curiosity, from the link in your signature. I thought it was an old collab or something, but I LOVE the mighty hammer of the gods (ZEPPELIN!!) so I wanted to check it out.

hahaahah let Bogdan sleep at least a few hours mate!! laugh.gif

So.. Are you in??? smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (derper @ Feb 8 2012, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its pinned - brand new collab, fresh from Gabs oven! smile.gif

You should enter! smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 8 2012, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its pinned - brand new collab, fresh from Gabs oven! smile.gif

You should enter! smile.gif

hahaha yeah!
Saddlefall
Alright, I think this will be my first collab! Something easy like A minor biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Saddlefall @ Feb 8 2012, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, I think this will be my first collab! Something easy like A minor biggrin.gif

Awesome!! I feel proud! You are welcome! smile.gif
ElHombre
I dont know much about the style of led zeppelin, but if you are allowed to put a solo in your on style I might be in
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 10 2012, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont know much about the style of led zeppelin, but if you are allowed to put a solo in your on style I might be in

Sure mate! That's the idea! You are welcome! smile.gif
ElHombre
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 10 2012, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure mate! That's the idea! You are welcome! smile.gif

Thanks, It would be fun to try some recording with my Ibanez now.
Also gabe, check my PM:s wink.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 10 2012, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, It would be fun to try some recording with my Ibanez now.
Also gabe, check my PM:s wink.gif

I just sent the preview that you requested! wink.gif
ElHombre
The track I downloaded from here was around 1 minute long. Are you supposed to make a solo over all of its or just around 10 sec?
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 10 2012, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The track I downloaded from here was around 1 minute long. Are you supposed to make a solo over all of its or just around 10 sec?

You have to record something in the whole track starting with the drums and also ending when the drums end... I will use everything that you record there. smile.gif
ElHombre
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 10 2012, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have to record something in the whole track starting with the drums and also ending when the drums end... I will use everything that you record there. smile.gif

Okey
Do you send the whole record, with the guitar onto the track or do you just send the guitar track?
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 10 2012, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okey
Do you send the whole record, with the guitar onto the track or do you just send the guitar track?

I need two files, one that includes the backing + your guitar and another one only with your guitar, and also a video of you playing it. If it's possible send me everything in a .rar file and in one Rapidshare link. Thanks!
Dinaga
ALRIGHT! Finaly I'm done with my exams. Now I will dive in this collab with full heart! wink.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Dinaga @ Feb 11 2012, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALRIGHT! Finaly I'm done with my exams. Now I will dive in this collab with full heart! wink.gif

Fantastic mate!! smile.gif
Todd Simpson
Gotta say that is just waiting for awesome licks/chops. Killer riff! Sounds almost like 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps" done with hard rock flair. Nice! Well, I"d be thrilled to have a shot at it smile.gif Short turnaround, I gotta get cracking!

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 7 2012, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys!! I recorded this backing track to do a cool Video Collab for youtube!!

Check it out: Click to view attachment
The tune is in A minor and I hope that you record some rocker takes here! Rocker licks, some shredding, lots of bends and feeling. The quiet parts work only as an introduction and bridge between takes so it is not necessary to record something over it...

Please send me the files via Rapidshare.
Mp4 or Avi for video files
Wav or 320 kbit mp3 for audio files.

Deadline: 22th February (15 days)

Let's ROCK the web!! Who is in??? smile.gif

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 11 2012, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotta say that is just waiting for awesome licks/chops. Killer riff! Sounds almost like 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps" done with hard rock flair. Nice! Well, I"d be thrilled to have a shot at it smile.gif Short turnaround, I gotta get cracking!

Todd

Thanks Todd! It will be great to have your killer chops on this one! smile.gif
Saddlefall
I'm now finished writing my solo, just a matter of practising and recording it! ohmy.gif
I found that trying to improvise something didn't really work out, always got a bad take.. so I sat down and tabbed down a solo, think that works better biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Saddlefall @ Feb 13 2012, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm now finished writing my solo, just a matter of practising and recording it! ohmy.gif
I found that trying to improvise something didn't really work out, always got a bad take.. so I sat down and tabbed down a solo, think that works better biggrin.gif

Cool mate! yeah, I also has different way to create solos. Sometime I create something cool just improvising while other times I work on the different sections, even using my voice to create melodies.

Remember that I talked about Jimmy Page style in my last Vchat and that I shared some cool licks that can be used over this one..

here you have the lesson notes: Jimmy Page Licks
Saddlefall
Yeah I have checked that out, good stuff smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Saddlefall @ Feb 13 2012, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I have checked that out, good stuff smile.gif

Cool mate! smile.gif
FrontlineGuitar
Consider me in! My first collab haha biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (FrontlineGuitar @ Feb 15 2012, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Consider me in! My first collab haha biggrin.gif

Awesome!! I'm honoured! smile.gif
I just answered your PM, let me know if you have more questions about this. wink.gif
FrontlineGuitar
Sorry I haven't really given you time to reply to your PMs, but as I said, the upload to RapidShare keeps failing.. and so i've attached the two audio files here.

I'll link the youtube here of the video, but any suggestions of how I can get it to you?

/Max

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (FrontlineGuitar @ Feb 15 2012, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry I haven't really given you time to reply to your PMs, but as I said, the upload to RapidShare keeps failing.. and so i've attached the two audio files here.

I'll link the youtube here of the video, but any suggestions of how I can get it to you?

/Max

Hey Max! As I said in the PM, I can download the files from here, don't worry. This take rocks man. Thanks for your entry! smile.gif
superize
Really great backing Gabe.

Here is my take on it
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (superize @ Feb 18 2012, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really great backing Gabe.

Here is my take on it

hey Superize!! Great playing! Thanks for your take! smile.gif
superize
Here is the youtube version of my solo

Saddlefall
Alright, here is my take! I am not satisfied with it but maybe I will record another take if I feel like it..

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Saddlefall @ Feb 19 2012, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, here is my take! I am not satisfied with it but maybe I will record another take if I feel like it..

Cool! Thanks for your take and video man! wink.gif
ElHombre
Nice playing smile.gif
I will record mine soon
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 22 2012, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice playing smile.gif
I will record mine soon

Cool! I'll wait for your take and video!
Gitarrero
Gabriel, I'll be one day late on this, you'll get my take tomorrow...
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 22 2012, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gabriel, I'll be one day late on this, you'll get my take tomorrow...

No problem! wink.gif
Gitarrero
Nevermind, I actually found some time to do it today biggrin.gif

ElHombre
Well I will be far from home for another 2 days so cant be recording until saturday
I can never make a collab in time biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 22 2012, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nevermind, I actually found some time to do it today biggrin.gif

Fantastic! Thank you! wink.gif
Todd Simpson
Been running around like a crazy man lately but I"m shutting out the world for a bit to make a vid for this collab today. Can't wait to hear the final smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 22 2012, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been running around like a crazy man lately but I"m shutting out the world for a bit to make a vid for this collab today. Can't wait to hear the final smile.gif

Hey Todd! It would be awesome to have you on this one! smile.gif
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 22 2012, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Todd! It would be awesome to have you on this one! smile.gif

It's honestly gonna be awesome either way but I"m glad to be part of it smile.gif Thanks for making yet another KILLER collab!

Here is a PREVIEW of my solo WITH the backing

Click to view attachment

Solo WITHOUT Backing (From Zero Start Point so it will line up) 320kmp3

Click to view attachment

And a Video Preview smile.gif

**I PM'd you the link to the source video to download from drop box. Here is a link to a zip file of both vids and the mp3 just in case.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2761041/zepcollab/...eezippdtodd.zip
Saddlefall
Shredding it up Todd! Cant wait to hear the final collab biggrin.gif
DeGroot
http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/led-zep-collab-gmc

Probably missed the deadline. Here is my take for the fun of it!

http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/led-zep-collab-gmc

Here it is again. Not sure if the first one uploaded right
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (Saddlefall @ Feb 23 2012, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shredding it up Todd! Cant wait to hear the final collab biggrin.gif

Thanks smile.gif We are going to learn some of these licks this Saturday in my Video Chat. So do stop by guys if you can make it smile.gif

Gabe has ok'ed using his spiff backing in the lesson as well. Many thanks for that!

Todd
Gabriel Leopardi
Hey guys!! Thanks for your takes!! I'll start mixing this one tomorrow! smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi guys! This is a pre-mix of the Led Zeppelin Style Collab. I’ll upload the video at you tube as soon as I have the two only guitar takes and the video that I need to have everything.

Click to view attachment

Let’s go with the comments:

Frontline (00:12 – 00:44): I really like you tone and the enerdy of your playing on this one. Technically your take is really good. You have a very precise timing, alternate picking (I love when you palm mute a bit the notes that you play in the faster licks). There are two moments where the notes choices sound a bit weir over the chords from the backing. (at 00:24 and at 00:36). Check out those section and try to note what is happening and why there are some notes that don’s fit perfect with the chords.
Thanks for your take!

Gitarrero (00:44 – 01:16): It awesome how you never miss a collab! That’s a great training mate and I also feel honoured about it! Your take sounds good but I feel that you use most of the time (in the first half) the same notes values so everything turns a bit predictable after some phrases. Technically it’s ok, I would add wider vibrato and also work on the faster pentatonic licks that has some wrong notes. Thanks for joining on this one! smile.gif

Superize (01:16 – 01:48): You did a good job on this one. However I would record a more rocker solo for this backing. It starts so quiet, and the four phrases don’t have the impact that the second half of your solo has. By the way everything has been played really good and the notes choice fits perfect for me. You tone fits really good with what you are playing and with the backing.

Todd (01:48 – 02:20): It’s a pleasure to have your magic and your killer chops on one of my collabs! I really like your solo and your technique is so perfect! I love how it evolves and I’m impressed of your fast alternate picking licks. Congrats for this great solo and your awesome playing! One thing: Your “Only guitar” file is wrong, it includes the backing. Could you please re-send it?

Saddlefall (02:20 – 02:55)
Hey mate! Congrats for your first collab! I think that you did a good job. I like your tone and technically everything has been played very good. You combined some melodies with many bends in a cool way. Maybe I would have added some classic and furious rock licks to make your solo even rocker like Page. But this is a great first step! I hope to see you in many other of my collabs! Well done!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.