Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Book Are You Reading?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Gabriel Leopardi
Hey guys! In this thread I would like to recommend the book that I'm currently reading... it's called Catching the big fish by David Lynch and it's very inspirational.. it's about meditation, conciousness and creativity. I've never meditated but this book is giving me a lot of interest in doing it... have you ever done transcendental meditation?
Here you can find the book and some reviews....

Catching the big fish

What book are you reading nowadays?
Ben Higgins
I'm currently reading a fiction book called N is for Noose by Sue Grafton about a private detective. smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 8 2012, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm currently reading a fiction book called N is for Noose by Sue Grafton about a private detective. smile.gif

Cool! smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
I'm dealing with the 5th book in the 'A song of ice and fire' series biggrin.gif I am TOTALLY INTO IT!
Sensible Jones
Currently reading 2 John Grisham books and 'Paperwight' by Stephen Fry.
biggrin.gif
Sinisa Cekic
I would like, but these days I don't have time to read sad.gif !
superize
The first Harry potter book
thefireball
Curse of the Spider King. About to finish it.
http://www.heedtheprophecies.com/
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (thefireball @ Feb 9 2012, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Curse of the Spider King. About to finish it.
http://www.heedtheprophecies.com/

Uh! Sounds epic! biggrin.gif Have you tried 'A song of ice and fire'?
Gabriel Leopardi
Yesterday I received "El eternauta", a very famous comic book made in Argentina...

Check it out guys!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Eternauta
thefireball
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 9 2012, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh! Sounds epic! biggrin.gif Have you tried 'A song of ice and fire'?

It is. The main characters are 13 year olds - but that's okay because I'm a kid at heart. Actually I mispoke. I'm actually on the second book, Venom and Song. They are writing the third book.

Looked up A song of ice and fire. Haven't heard of this author. It looks like he a dark author. I enjoy a more joyful read though. I read a little of this on Wikipedia.
El Fortinero
Philosophy for intermediates....yes, i am a weird guy and like philosophy
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Feb 10 2012, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Philosophy for intermediates....yes, i am a weird guy and like philosophy

not weird! just curious! that's very interesting... smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (thefireball @ Feb 9 2012, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is. The main characters are 13 year olds - but that's okay because I'm a kid at heart. Actually I mispoke. I'm actually on the second book, Venom and Song. They are writing the third book.

Looked up A song of ice and fire. Haven't heard of this author. It looks like he a dark author. I enjoy a more joyful read though. I read a little of this on Wikipedia.

The books from 'A song of ice and fire' are very visceral at points and describe some less joyful things, but I find them intense and the action is incredibly interesting - totally unpredictable biggrin.gif So if you have the time and mood, give them a try. You won't be able to let from your hand till you finish biggrin.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 10 2012, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The books from 'A song of ice and fire' are very visceral at points and describe some less joyful things, but I find them intense and the action is incredibly interesting - totally unpredictable biggrin.gif So if you have the time and mood, give them a try. You won't be able to let from your hand till you finish biggrin.gif

Yes, I believe that, in life, we need to visit both sides of the coin in order to be able to fully appreciate the world smile.gif
Alexiaden93
Alongside my first semester medicine syllabus, I just finished "Why I am so Wise" by Nietzsche and "Manual of the Warrior of Light" by Paulo Coelho, both on the same day (I had a day off). I'm now reading "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" by Nietzsche, but will probably start and finish reading "Confessions of a Conjuror" by Derren Brown before I'm done with Nietzsche.
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ Feb 10 2012, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alongside my first semester medicine syllabus, I just finished "Why I am so Wise" by Nietzsche and "Manual of the Warrior of Light" by Paulo Coelho, both on the same day (I had a day off). I'm now reading "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" by Nietzsche, but will probably start and finish reading "Confessions of a Conjuror" by Derren Brown before I'm done with Nietzsche.

Derren Brown is classic.. I love his quirky humour.

What's the Coelho book like ? I've only read The Alchemist. smile.gif
Alexiaden93
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 10 2012, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Derren Brown is classic.. I love his quirky humour.

What's the Coelho book like ? I've only read The Alchemist. smile.gif

I had also only read the Alchemist, but wanted to read another book by him. The book is basically a kind of list containing all of Coelho's teachings. It's sort of a guide to becoming a better person etc.

Also I ordered Derren Brown's book from Amazon yesterday, and am waiting for "Tricks of the Mind" hardcover to reach a reasonable price!
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ Feb 10 2012, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had also only read the Alchemist, but wanted to read another book by him. The book is basically a kind of list containing all of Coelho's teachings. It's sort of a guide to becoming a better person etc.

Also I ordered Derren Brown's book from Amazon yesterday, and am waiting for "Tricks of the Mind" hardcover to reach a reasonable price!

Cool, sounds good.

Yes.. Tricks of the Mind is the one I've read. There's a great bit about him running down the stairs and leaving his flat to go outside ! wink.gif
PosterBoy
I'm going through a Karin Slaughter faze at the moment, and also reading The Witching Hour by Anne Rice, make a nice contrast from my daily bible study laugh.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 10 2012, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going through a Karin Slaughter faze at the moment, and also reading The Witching Hour by Anne Rice, make a nice contrast from my daily bible study laugh.gif

Hey I read a Karin Slaughter book a while ago.. Fractured. smile.gif
PosterBoy
That's the one I just finished yesterday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.