Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tuner Advice
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Ben Higgins
Hey Guys. I was looking at these type of clip on guitar tuners and wondered.. do they work on electric guitars ? If so, how ? An unplugged elcetric guitar isn't that loud so does the tuner detect the vibration frequency ?

http://www.uket.co.uk/joyo-musical-accesso...tml?review=read

Does anybody have anything like this ?
Opossum
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 13 2012, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Guys. I was looking at these type of clip on guitar tuners and wondered.. do they work on electric guitars ? If so, how ? An unplugged elcetric guitar isn't that loud so does the tuner detect the vibration frequency ?

I have a SNARK vibration tuner and the answer to your question is yes. They work very well and are extremely accurate with your electric unplugged or plugged in. However, my brother says that on stage against all the other equipment they're not so great. But for practicing bending/ vibrato at home, or checking intonation at any fret they're perfect. A great ear sharpening tool.
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Opossum @ Feb 13 2012, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a SNARK vibration tuner and the answer to your question is yes. They work very well and are extremely accurate with your electric unplugged or plugged in. However, my brother says that on stage against all the other equipment they're not so great. But for practicing bending/ vibrato at home, or checking intonation at any fret they're perfect. A great ear sharpening tool.

Cool, thanks man. You wouldn't think it would work would you ? But it obviously does ! wink.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
I have one and it's great! They work perfect for every guitar and are very useful for acoustic guitars cause it's easier than use those tuners that included a mic to capture the pitch of the strings. Go for it!!
Saddlefall
Seems cool. I really enjoy the built in tuner on pod farm though, very handy. I used to used an app for my cellphone which worked really well too.
derper
I've always heard that they don't work well for electric guitars, but..... I never have tried it.

Also, I would suggest the "snark". One of the best for the price.
Dinaga
It works! My bassist has one and it's pretty good, but as Opossum said, it won't work if there's much noise around.
Sinisa Cekic
Here it became a hit!! Every guitarist has it during the performance! biggrin.gif . But very useful, in any case !!
Cosmin Lupu
I have a friend who's regularly using it at the Mozart Rocks! concerts and imagine there's a great array of instruments there, but he never once complained. So I guess it's useful even on stage biggrin.gif
Ben Higgins
Thanks for all the input guys ! smile.gif
Alex Feather
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 13 2012, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah they will work on any type of guitar what it does is recognizing vibration so it's easy to stay in tune even if it's very loud around you! Great tuners!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.