Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metal Metrics 5
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
FrontlineGuitar
Original lesson: Metal Metrics 5 by Cosmin Lupu

Just thought I would try this lesson out...

Ivan Milenkovic
Nicely chugged rhythm work, well done! smile.gif There are some timing problems here and there, you are rarely dead on the beat, so try to fix that. Your pinky is touching the guitar without any real need, and it slows your picking hand down, so make it floating. It will be easier for you.
Todd Simpson
Nice smile.gif Very heavy and good palm muting. You really have the vibe of this piece down. As Ivan mentioned, you seem just a bit ahead or behind the beat in parts and syncing up with the rythm elements is what gives a track like this it's power so playing in precise time with them is important. If there is drift between the guitar and bass/drums, this type of song doesn't work as well as it could. However, this is something that should be easy to fix with a bit of practice and it's worth practicing on as it's crucial to playing Heavy Music in general.

Todd
Cosmin Lupu
Matey, the take is good per ensemble but going down to the details:

- timing is a bit off, and you should practice it slowly for some more time till you get in perfect sync with the drums and bass - like Todd pointed out.

- you are missing some elements from the 'verse part' formula (0.21 until the end)
- the little formula right before 0.21 is tricky - it's pretty economic to play it like I did, so check out the left hand video in the lesson. You are moving a bit too much smile.gif

I will give you a 7 because you have it in you for a 10 wink.gif so now that I am mentoring you - 10 is the only grade you are allowed to receive biggrin.gif hehe. Let's get to work!
Alex Feather
QUOTE (FrontlineGuitar @ Feb 14 2012, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Original lesson: Metal Metrics 5 by Cosmin Lupu

Just thought I would try this lesson out...

It sounds good! I like the sound you used for this take! The only problem is your timing you are rushing a lot and slowing down as well! Try to practice it at a slower tempo and you will get it! I know it's not an easy lesson though!
Good job!
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate! You tone is always amazing! smile.gif
The take is really good and the only thing to fix is to play tighter with the backing track, there are some part where you lose the timing a bit. As I said you in the personal message, I think that your timing problem appears in the tricky parts. It seems that your mind concentrates on the technique and you forget paying attention to the rhythm. So concentrate on that and you'll get a perfect take. Keep on working!
Sinisa Cekic
Nice tone and take ! You have some problems with timing, so I recommend practicing at a slower pace. The necessary technique you already have, just concentrate a little more and this will be a great take. keep rocking smile.gif
skennington
6.8 on this one..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.