Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gmc (you're Gonna Love It) Video Clip
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi everybody!!! I'm so happy to announce that the "GMC (You're Gonna Love It)" Collab Videoclip is now ready! smile.gif

Let me tell you about the process of this one and some thoughts. Here you can find the original thread where everything started: LINK

This tune started as a regular Video Collab. I had the riffs and chorus for this song in my Cirse's demos folder and shared the idea with Kris who really like it. That's why I decided to start the thread announcing a big collab that will feature Kris as the vocalist for the song. After that the tune started to become more and more awesome thanks to everybody's contributions.

Quadrium wrote the first ideas for the lyrics the same day that I posted the song! Then Kris took those ideas, arranged it and re-wrote some sections. Bogdan recorded the Bass Guitar which has been arranged with a really good taste and played so tight. When Kris posted his vocal takes I was amazed by his interpretation. He is like a chameleon when he sings, he has many different voices and in this song I think that he shows a new dimension of his vocal abilities. He sounds aggressive, melodic, serious, funny at the same time, I feel that his voice fits so well with the tune.

Then, the awesome GMCers started to post their amazing takes, Quadrium's take (at 1:49)was recorded over the chorus chord progression and the melodies that he recorded sound very emotive. Ivan's playing (01:37) is so Maiden for me in this one, I love his tone and the video looks cool with that effect that he added. Nimrandir (01:23) sincerely has blown my mind, not only his technique is top level, the solo composition is perfect, it evolves like the professional player's solos. In the end you will find ElHombre take, he recorded something when the collab was already closed, but as he was so exited with the idea and I saw that he has a really cool energy I decided to give him a change. His take adds some arrangements and bends over the last G - M - C part. My solo is simple and rocker, it was the solo that I recorded in the original demo for the song, I have kept it because I really like its groove and power. You will also see Quadrium playing some cool keyboard ideas over the bridge and chorus.

Then I recorded all the rhythm guitars again with my Tube amp and started mixing the tune. At the same time we started a thread to invite everybody to record a video saying "Practice", "GMC" or singing the chorus for the song. As this is a new GMC hymn we wanted everybody appear here singing it. An well, we have the appearance of Cosmin, Sensible Jones, Ulrik, Procyon & Marfol.

With all this material I edited the Video Clip. The project was very heavy and it took some job to get the final video that you will see. I want to thank every guy that has participated on this tune, I must say that this is my biggest project here and Im so proud of what we get. This is the evidence of how cool a song can be done if many GMCers work together.

So well, after this long introduction (sorry I'm so excited!! biggrin.gif) this is the final version of this new GMC Hit!!

Nihilist1
Thumbs up all around. You guys did an excellent job!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Feb 22 2012, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thumbs up all around. You guys did an excellent job!

Thanks friend! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Great song and great work on editing Gabe, you're a hitmaker! smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 22 2012, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great song and great work on editing Gabe, you're a hitmaker! smile.gif

WE are. smile.gif

Thanks for joining mate!
maharzan
This is super awesome! Great work everyone!! smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
oh my god this is so much more than amazing - a new GMC hymn indeed!
gregc1
That is awesome!
quadrium
Wooow! Awesome job everyone! biggrin.gif And thank you Gab for putting this amazing piece together smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Thanks everybody for the comments!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 22 2012, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh my god this is so much more than amazing - a new GMC hymn indeed!

Definitely! smile.gif

QUOTE (quadrium @ Feb 22 2012, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wooow! Awesome job everyone! biggrin.gif And thank you Gab for putting this amazing piece together smile.gif

Thanks you mate for all your job on this one!
eMGie
Wow, it is amazing! Really catchy song and great solos. smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Wow this was a really awesome collaboration! It was an honor for me to be part of this song.
Its so cool that we can all make songs together even though we are miles away! smile.gif

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 22 2012, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow this was a really awesome collaboration! It was an honor for me to be part of this song.
Its so cool that we can all make songs together even though we are miles away! smile.gif

yeah! I'm amazed of this! that's why I love Internet and GMC! smile.gif
thefireball
Hey, what are the lyrics...some of it i have trouble understanding..haha i am a southern guy - but i guess in rock and roll it's hard to hear lyrics sometimes. it's a given. biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (thefireball @ Feb 22 2012, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, what are the lyrics...some of it i have trouble understanding..haha i am a southern guy - but i guess in rock and roll it's hard to hear lyrics sometimes. it's a given. biggrin.gif

hey man! here you have the lyrics!

We're talking hard...and rocking hard!
You don't know who the hell we are

Day and night, we make it right
And who's to say we've gone too far?

Practice - makes us better
Practice - gives us the strength we need
Practice - you know that we are ready
Practice - That's right baby, 'cause do you know who we are? (We are GMC)

We're flying far away
To the promised land of 'Axe n Shred'
It's time to set the sails

We're loving it, kicking it, playing it and doing it all at...

...GMC!
thefireball
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 22 2012, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey man! here you have the lyrics!

We're talking hard...and rocking hard!
You don't know who the hell we are

Day and night, we make it right
And who's to say we've gone too far?

Practice - makes us better
Practice - gives us the strength we need
Practice - you know that we are ready
Practice - That's right baby, 'cause do you know who we are? (We are GMC)

We're flying far away
To the promised land of 'Axe n Shred'
It's time to set the sails

We're loving it, kicking it, playing it and doing it all at...

...GMC!

Oh okay, these look like the ones in the thread I saw - I just didn't know if they were the final version. Thanks man. This clears it up a lot.
SpaseMoonkey
I've already had to share this with my FB friends, its way to good not to share! Heck I'm on my 3rd listen as I'm typing this! biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Feb 22 2012, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've already had to share this with my FB friends, its way to good not to share! Heck I'm on my 3rd listen as I'm typing this! biggrin.gif

hahaha that's great friend! thanks for sharing it! wink.gif
Procyon
Wow! This is sooooo amazingly cool!! What a really great song featuring top musicians!!!
You all did a very very good job, especially you, Gabe - thank you so much! And Kristofer - every time I listen to this song your voice just blows me away...
By the way: I just joined in last minute... I was sick these days but this song nailed me and I thought it was worth trying to take some video clips - and oh yes, it was!! cool.gif
I am really proud to be part of this - wow, this is so exciting!!! Thanks again everyone!
mad
OMG ohmy.gif I'm speechless - this is absolutely amazing, can't stop listen and watching! Brilliant editing and rocking sound. Congrats to everyone, this is a masterpiece in all!!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Procyon @ Feb 22 2012, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! This is sooooo amazingly cool!! What a really great song featuring top musicians!!!
You all did a very very good job, especially you, Gabe - thank you so much! And Kristofer - every time I listen to this song your voice just blows me away...
By the way: I just joined in last minute... I was sick these days but this song nailed me and I thought it was worth trying to take some video clips - and oh yes, it was!! cool.gif
I am really proud to be part of this - wow, this is so exciting!!! Thanks again everyone!

Thanks friend!! I really enjoyed your videos!! smile.gif

QUOTE (mad @ Feb 22 2012, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG ohmy.gif I'm speechless - this is absolutely amazing, can't stop listen and watching! Brilliant editing and rocking sound. Congrats to everyone, this is a masterpiece in all!!

Thanks a lot man! wink.gif
Sinisa Cekic
That was extraordinary !!! Great song and mix !!
playaxeman
great collab guys tumbs up for you all.

Really liked the solo from the guy with the white JEM Good job. I was thinking Which instructor is that ? I don't know any iinstructor who has a JEM
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (playaxeman @ Feb 22 2012, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
great collab guys tumbs up for you all.

Really liked the solo from the guy with the white JEM Good job. I was thinking Which instructor is that ? I don't know any iinstructor who has a JEM

yeah! Nimrandir is an awesome player! smile.gif
waggers
Absolutely brilliant smile.gif
Dinaga
Absolutely awesome and epic video, but I expected no less from you guys! biggrin.gif

What can I say, GMC rocks and this was great to watch, listen and enjoy! wink.gif
Fran
What to say... excellent from beginning to end. The riffing, the solos and vocals, lyrics... amazing job guys. And a rocking editing too.
Great job guys cool.gif
Marfol
Great job, Gabe! It defintely rocks!

And: I am in a music video! Great! Thank you!
Gabriel Leopardi
Thanks for the comments guys!! smile.gif
Sensible Jones
Amazing job Gabe!!!!
Well done everyone!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Thanks mate! Reaching the 1000 views! smile.gif
Pio Jr.
Nice guitarwork. I like main guitarriff and solo's in the middle
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Pio Jr. @ Feb 24 2012, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice guitarwork. I like main guitarriff and solo's in the middle

Thanks Pio! wink.gif
HungryForHeaven
Niiice, fantastic job Gabe and the Gang!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Feb 26 2012, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Niiice, fantastic job Gabe and the Gang!

Thanks mate! smile.gif
Melodic madness
Love the energy of this one! Outstanding! biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Melodic madness @ Oct 5 2012, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love the energy of this one! Outstanding! biggrin.gif

Thanks mate. smile.gif
Grace
This is friggin' awesome. Period. The solos are heavenly and the guy that comes out a lot singing and also playing (I believe it is Kristofer Dahl?) he looks so much like my brother it's crazy!! He could be my brother's long lost twin!! laugh.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Grace @ Oct 6 2012, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is friggin' awesome. Period. The solos are heavenly and the guy that comes out a lot singing and also playing (I believe it is Kristofer Dahl?) he looks so much like my brother it's crazy!! He could be my brother's long lost twin!! laugh.gif

yeah! Kris is the lead singer! Post a pic of your brother!! It would be funny... biggrin.gif
Grace
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 6 2012, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah! Kris is the lead singer! Post a pic of your brother!! It would be funny... biggrin.gif

Well unfortunately this is the only pic I found and it's not so great but here's my brother that looks like Kris! smile.gif
Oh and I found the second one of him messing around at his job biggrin.gif laugh.gif He's funny and energetic just like Kris!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.