Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Cosmin Lupu
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Cosmin Lupu
....aaaaaaand here we are biggrin.gif Please tell me a bit about what you'd like to improve or learn and about what else besides our common favorite - Marco Sfogli, you like?

all the best

Cosmin
ElHombre
I have never really practiced different styles and licks. I have just listen to music and played kind of my own way and included things I have picked up just by listening.

The problem is when going fast, there is no colour in it smile.gif It just becomes alternate picking up down scales, some legato and not to exciting sweeping.

I think maybe I should start directly focusing on techinques and styles. To make the faster playing more exciting, do cooler things on the fretboard so to speak.

That, and also my theory need to sharpen up smile.gif chords and scales. Ive learned those things on classical but in a more conservative way and of course I have forgotten quite much.

santana, hendrix, clapton were the ones that made me play the electrical, now i tend to like players who are not so famous outside the internet, I liked the players in guitar idol very much, muris varajic, marc playle, hedras ramos etc

Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 27 2012, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have never really practiced different styles and licks. I have just listen to music and played kind of my own way and included things I have picked up just by listening.

The problem is when going fast, there is no colour in it smile.gif It just becomes alternate picking up down scales, some legato and not to exciting sweeping.

I think maybe I should start directly focusing on techinques and styles. To make the faster playing more exciting, do cooler things on the fretboard so to speak.

That, and also my theory need to sharpen up smile.gif chords and scales. Ive learned those things on classical but in a more conservative way and of course I have forgotten quite much.

santana, hendrix, clapton were the ones that made me play the electrical, now i tend to like players who are not so famous outside the internet, I liked the players in guitar idol very much, muris varajic, marc playle, hedras ramos etc

Hey there Erik! How's it going with the Sfogli lick, did you manage to nail it from the tab?

Regarding what you told me smile.gif I think you need to focus on learning how to use scales, modes, arpeggios and intervals in a tight relationship with the harmonic context you are playing over. That means phrasing, my friend.

What sort of theoretical knowledge do you have - could you please give me some details? I kind of know what we need to do, but a bit more info from you could make it even easier wink.gif

all the best

Cosmin
ElHombre
I will learn it when I got home, tried to play it yesterday looks good smile.gif

I played classical guitar which involves reading notes, and knowing the names of the notes.
I played tones of scales on this "examination boards". These tests involved getting a song, on paper, with notes not knowing it, and you had 1 minute to look in through then play it wink.gif I also went through this one:
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...-isaac-albeniz/

I was about 10-11 then was pushed kina hard then quit. Now I have picked up the electrical (2 years ago) and I have forgotten much of the theory.

I still know the basic chords but need to learn more chords and progressions as you said.
Basic scales: A minor + C major has all the notes named A,B,C,D,E,F,G
F major + D minor has all the notes named A,A#,C,D,E,F,G

I suppose I could re learn all the boxes but I want to see the whole picture more than just knowing the patterns of the boxes.
Cosmin Lupu
That's very good Erik! - seeing the whole ensemble rather than just learning things visually is a very good approach, although guitar is a visually appealing instrument and I bet everyone of us feels that way biggrin.gif

Well, let's see, first things first - in order to see how the alterations appear in scales and have a good ensemble view, I would recommend you to take a look over the circle of fifths (fourths)

After that I would suggest you take a look at these:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_1/
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_2/
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_3/
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads...a_Song_Context/

they will give you a very good insight on how a major scale is harmonized using triads.

I think these are a good starting point for understanding what's going on with scales and chords and how they are related.

Let me know what you think after looking at them wink.gif

all the best

Cosmin

QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 28 2012, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will learn it when I got home, tried to play it yesterday looks good smile.gif

I played classical guitar which involves reading notes, and knowing the names of the notes.
I played tones of scales on this "examination boards". These tests involved getting a song, on paper, with notes not knowing it, and you had 1 minute to look in through then play it wink.gif I also went through this one:
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...-isaac-albeniz/

I was about 10-11 then was pushed kina hard then quit. Now I have picked up the electrical (2 years ago) and I have forgotten much of the theory.

I still know the basic chords but need to learn more chords and progressions as you said.
Basic scales: A minor + C major has all the notes named A,B,C,D,E,F,G
F major + D minor has all the notes named A,A#,C,D,E,F,G

I suppose I could re learn all the boxes but I want to see the whole picture more than just knowing the patterns of the boxes.

ElHombre
Yes I will check these.
Then I think we should also go through the different scales.

As I said, A minor and C major have common notes, but different "root notes" and different chords being played over.
Then if you go to the next step, F major and D major, you remove the be and add A#. Root notes become F, and in Dm, D.

This Is basic and I want to learn everything behind this, then it must be easier moving on to more advanced things smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 28 2012, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I will check these.
Then I think we should also go through the different scales.

As I said, A minor and C major have common notes, but different "root notes" and different chords being played over.
Then if you go to the next step, F major and D major, you remove the be and add A#. Root notes become F, and in Dm, D.

This Is basic and I want to learn everything behind this, then it must be easier moving on to more advanced things smile.gif

Good morning Erik smile.gif once you will grasp the mechanism behind the circle of fifths (fourths) you will understand and learn the structure of every major scale.

Now, I wanted to ask - have you ever done any ear training?

cheers

Cosmin
ElHombre
Yes I have done singing and listening tests, also transcribed a lot of music
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 29 2012, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I have done singing and listening tests, also transcribed a lot of music

Have you ever tried singing stuff when improvising? it's totally opposed to running down and up scales and it will give you awesome results tongue.gif
Cosmin Lupu
We could work on that if you'd like - I find it as the easiest path towards success
ElHombre
Sure thing
Make me a practice schedule that involves theory, ear training, and maybe technical playing but we can involve that later wink.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Mornin' Erik!

here's what I suggest you do until next Thursday:

1) Pick up the circle of fifths - if you understand how it works, go straight to the point

- if you go through it clockwise, you'll notice that the notes go from 5th to 5th (C G D A E B ...)
- C major has no alterations, but they start appearing from G major onwards: G major has one #, D major has 2# and so on
- Apply the major scale formula starting from each root (w w h w w w h) and figure out ALL the major scales contained in the circle of fifths and their relative minors (inside the circle there are the relative minors for each major scale - you cna figure them out by re-arranging the notes in each major scale by simply starting the scale from the relative minor. i.e C major = C D E F G A B C/ it's relative minor Aminor= A B C D E F G A)
- use this lesson http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_1/ as an example of how you should harmonize ALL the scales above.
- that means you shall attach one chord to each step of a major scale after the following formula:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M m m M M m diminished M

As for ear training try the following:

- play a C note and then each note in the C major scale in turn like this - play one note than sing it than play the C note and so one
- play the C note and then JUST SING - no guitar involved - each note like above and then the C note, then another note from the C major scale

i.e. play C - play D, sing D. Play C - Play E, sing E
play C - Sing D, Play C - sing E

get these through as well as you can and let me know if there are questions wink.gif

Cosmin
ElHombre
I found a good picture of this circle of fifths. C major, A minor has no flats, no sharps.
Then we go to G clockwise, were we have G major and E minor, one cross (sharp).
I also know the formula of the majors scale.

Then, I also know how to figure out each scale, but how can the circle of fifths help me in this other than I know which keys have certain crosses or flats?

Also cosmin check my PM and tell me what you think!
Cosmin Lupu
Hey again Erik,

mastering the circle of fifths will offer good insight on how the scales are built and with the aid if the little exercise I have given you, when we pass on to arpeggios, you will already know what notes make them up as arpeggios are nothing more than chords played note by note.

If you want to play smart and always be aware of what you will play, you have to understand scales and know their notes. It's tedious but it will pay off, trust me smile.gif I'm suggesting this because you told me you want be aware of what you are playing.

wink.gif
ElHombre
Cosmin just one question
I will have a look at the lessons you linked to.

But do you have any plan for me to "figure" out this circle and the different major scales.

Well I know C major as you know, no crosses, no flats. I know the location of the root notes too.
Then I move on to the G scale. One cross, which is F#. I remebered that when I was a kid I played by notes and we played everything in G major.

Am I going to learn to play from G to G in the G major scale and know the location?

My Idea was to learn this only with the circle as help.
Which is, the difference is that its now F# instead of F, and its a G major scale, the root note is G. Then we go to D, 2 crosses. Now we also have C#, and root note D. And so on.

Or what did you have in mind?

Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 2 2012, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cosmin just one question
I will have a look at the lessons you linked to.

But do you have any plan for me to "figure" out this circle and the different major scales.

Well I know C major as you know, no crosses, no flats. I know the location of the root notes too.
Then I move on to the G scale. One cross, which is F#. I remebered that when I was a kid I played by notes and we played everything in G major.

Am I going to learn to play from G to G in the G major scale and know the location?

My Idea was to learn this only with the circle as help.
Which is, the difference is that its now F# instead of F, and its a G major scale, the root note is G. Then we go to D, 2 crosses. Now we also have C#, and root note D. And so on.

Or what did you have in mind?

Hey Erik! Mate the idea behind this, is to make you play chord forms in any scale at will and understand what notes make those chords up, so we can move on to arpeggios smile.gif

Using the circle only is what I had in mind, this is why I wrote all the steps in the previous post smile.gif take this exercise as a little recap of all your previous knowledge, let's say.

If you think you are already confident with these notions and can harmonize any scale at will, let me know, so we can move on to another level wink.gif

all the best

Cosmin
ElHombre
Im on the first lesson which contains root inversion.
So we start of with C-E-G and thats a C major chord.
Then we go with D-F-A which is a D minor chord.
Then E-G-B, E minor chord.
and so on

Do you always follow that formula in all keys?
Major, minor,minor,major,major,minor,diminished,major ?

So If I would try G now instead it would be:

G-B-A, G major, then it would be A-C-E, a minor?
and so on?
ElHombre
I mean we have:

C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C
M-m-m-M-M-m-Dim-M

Is it then also in G major:

G-A-B-C-D-E-F#-G
M-m-mM-M-m-Dim-M

???
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 4 2012, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I mean we have:

C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C
M-m-m-M-M-m-Dim-M

Is it then also in G major:

G-A-B-C-D-E-F#-G
M-m-mM-M-m-Dim-M

???

Precisely my friend wink.gif it's a very good exercise biggrin.gif
ElHombre
Cool, I see the connection now, will learn all parts and apply to maybe not all 14 but a few more keys to start with tongue.gif

Any theory behind why it becomes like this?
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 4 2012, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool, I see the connection now, will learn all parts and apply to maybe not all 14 but a few more keys to start with tongue.gif

Any theory behind why it becomes like this?

Hey Erik! The idea is the following:

When you harmonize a scale you can only use notes belonging to that scale, so for example, in C major:

the note belonging to the second step is D and you can only use notes from the C major scale to make up that chord -> D minor (D F A) and so on with the rest of the chords which harmonize the scale smile.gif thus the formula we were talking about is created

hope this helps

Cosmin
ElHombre
the theory is kinda combing coming back, all the old stuff I learned togheter with new things smile.gif
But there is very much to learn, forming triads in every key.

Can we set up a learning plan or something? Learning to apply this in every key isnt done on one day!
I can now manage root inversion in C major, I have memorized the chords.
G major will be the next step right.
What do you say?
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 6 2012, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the theory is kinda combing coming back, all the old stuff I learned togheter with new things smile.gif
But there is very much to learn, forming triads in every key.

Can we set up a learning plan or something? Learning to apply this in every key isnt done on one day!
I can now manage root inversion in C major, I have memorized the chords.
G major will be the next step right.
What do you say?

Hey Erik smile.gif indeed, this is a lengthy process and I do believe we can slip some more stuff. I'd like to ask you first, how much time do you dedicate to the guitar each day?
ElHombre
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 7 2012, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Erik smile.gif indeed, this is a lengthy process and I do believe we can slip some more stuff. I'd like to ask you first, how much time do you dedicate to the guitar each day?

I play for a teatcher at a local music school 1 h/week, also I will be reading theory there 1h/week starting next week smile.gif
This theory will however be different from what we are doing now, it will be more conservative its mostly for classical guitar, note reading etc but all theory is good theory smile.gif So we can keep doing what we do now!

It depends, usually 2h a day, now when I have decided to start practicing for real again. Sometimes 3-4 hours.
Im learning a few songs , doing some theory and working on my technique. Also working on my new song who alex feather and sinisa cekic helped me to get started with. I will also do a cover of the song "seven" I got help sorting out here on the forum in a collab with some other guy.
So I have plenty to do.

Well as I said when I started classical i got bored after a while I was not so old, but when I got my first electrical guitar it became my intrest #1.

I will also apply for a musicalproduction school, the only one in my country, it involves studio knowledge, and everything around it, but also instruments. My skills will be tested, I will also have to present something I have created, for example the song I am working on so I have plenty to do but the tests werent that hard. But this is one of the reasons I need to improve.
Also you will learn playing multiple instruments so my sister is also learning my piano, I will later on also learn drums and bass playing.

cheers

Cosmin Lupu
Hey Erik,

judging a bit after all you told me tongue.gif you are involved into a lot of musical activities, which beats all in-house practicing and if you got 2 hrs to use each day, here's what i suggest:

30 minutes theory
30 minutes ear training
30 min dedicated to rhythm/ jamming
30 minutes dedicated to technique/ phrasing

the last 2 points are to be alternated from day to day, i.e. in one day you can focus on rhythm and technique and the next, on jamming and phrasing.

I shall be giving you different tasks every 2 weeks smile.gif consisting in GMC lessons based on the things above, how does this sound? Let me know and we shall get to it right away!

Cosmin
ElHombre
We can do that smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Alrighty Erik! Here are your first four assignments:

Rhythm:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-...t-Hand-Workout/ let me know if this one's too difficult, k?

Phrasing

Since you are a Marco fan, try this one tongue.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Modern...o-Marco-Sfogli/

I chose these two as they incorporate a lot of elements and they are a bit more difficult, but i want to push your playing up! Let me know if they are ok and we can start dealing with them. wink.gif

all the best

Cosmin

PS; if we have a green light with these, I shall give you a few tasks on legato and bending as they are incorporated in the Marco lesson biggrin.gif
ElHombre
Good suggestions!
Got plenty to do. Would like to take a week of from pre-engineer school and just work on all the things I have to do on the guitar.
I will try, but I cant promise I will have time to record the lesson this month!

Also, the rythm lesson, will it be possible to play it in standard tuning, or will it be more difficult? I guess its possible if the song doesnt use the low E# string
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 11 2012, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good suggestions!
Got plenty to do. Would like to take a week of from pre-engineer school and just work on all the things I have to do on the guitar.
I will try, but I cant promise I will have time to record the lesson this month!

Also, the rythm lesson, will it be possible to play it in standard tuning, or will it be more difficult? I guess its possible if the song doesnt use the low E# string

Hey Erik , if you don't want to submit an official REC take of the lesson and you only want to record it in order for you to learn it and discuss it together, you can play it in E standard as well, but if you want to use it for the REC zone, you'll need to play it exactly as it is done in the original recording smile.gif

Let me know if I can help you further with this wink.gif

cheers

Cosmin
ElHombre
Drop C tuning in the Sfogli style song, why cosmin why? biggrin.gif
I am so lazy I dont want to tune my guitar down xD
but I guess I will have to for this awesome lesson!
ElHombre
Did 2 hours theory today since it didnt play well today. feel comfortable harmonizing the C major and the G major scale, starting with G major soon then wink.gif
Also checking out the different colours of the chords and the theory behind them

also cosmin check out this rythm, Im thinking of learning that biggrin.gif dont have a 7 string though..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBjNmGW1Z_8...screen&NR=1
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 12 2012, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did 2 hours theory today since it didnt play well today. feel comfortable harmonizing the C major and the G major scale, starting with G major soon then wink.gif
Also checking out the different colours of the chords and the theory behind them

also cosmin check out this rythm, Im thinking of learning that biggrin.gif dont have a 7 string though..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBjNmGW1Z_8...screen&NR=1

My GOD! This is awesome! I didn't notice he posted this one biggrin.gif well, it is tricky man - try the rhythm lesson I suggested, as it has elements which will help you out with this bit Marco plays here wink.gif

Glad to know the theory is going good! Keep me updated please wink.gif

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 12 2012, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Drop C tuning in the Sfogli style song, why cosmin why? biggrin.gif
I am so lazy I dont want to tune my guitar down xD
but I guess I will have to for this awesome lesson!

'Lazy' does not exist in my book Erik! biggrin.gif
ElHombre
Im thikning of using my fender as my drop tune guitar but it isnt as stable as the Ibanez.
Still I got sound issues with my Ibanez, I will record how it can sound and show you.

When you strike a string hard, at some frets on the B and G strings its almost like you hit an harmonic, it is a neck issue I think. It isnt the string height cause it ok now. I think the neck hit a bad poistion cause of the cold, now its warmer again so I will adjust the neck
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 13 2012, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im thikning of using my fender as my drop tune guitar but it isnt as stable as the Ibanez.
Still I got sound issues with my Ibanez, I will record how it can sound and show you.

When you strike a string hard, at some frets on the B and G strings its almost like you hit an harmonic, it is a neck issue I think. It isnt the string height cause it ok now. I think the neck hit a bad poistion cause of the cold, now its warmer again so I will adjust the neck

Hmmm, if I were in your stead, I would use the fender for dropped tuning biggrin.gif I absolutely love how a telecaster sounds in drop C wink.gif tried it already biggrin.gif

About the strings, hmmm, I also think it's a neck issue but, I must admit I have never confronted myself with such problems sad.gif let me know how things are going wink.gif and let's hear the recording!

Cosmin
ElHombre
You can know wake me up inte the middle of the night and I can harmonize the C,G and D major scale.
Whats next, the third cross or the first flat? Continue moving clockwhise or what smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 26 2012, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can know wake me up inte the middle of the night and I can harmonize the C,G and D major scale.
Whats next, the third cross or the first flat? Continue moving clockwhise or what smile.gif

Hehehe! Nice mate! Continue clockwise, until the sharps become too many - you will notice that they will be cumbersome to work with when the idea of E sharp and B sharp will eventually appear biggrin.gif then you can transform that scale into one using flats - are you aware of the enharmonic relationships? How are you faring with the lessons?

rock on!

Cosmin
ElHombre
Sorry for my english, what is "enharmonic"???
I havent started the lessons yet but I am thinking of drop tuning my Fender and dealing with them
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 26 2012, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry for my english, what is "enharmonic"???
I havent started the lessons yet but I am thinking of drop tuning my Fender and dealing with them

Enharmonic relationship appears between notes which basically sound the same but carry different musical value. Eb = D# this is what it's all about. Let's see the takes mate biggrin.gif
ElHombre
Aha, Yes I know, notes same in practice, but different in theory smile.gif
Well to be honest I just cant squeeze out any good distortion sound of my Fender, but I will try to make the track justice, more focusing of the theory and technical parts of the track rather than getting a good tone for them.
ElHombre
Cosmin I cant to the 1 1/4 bend on the D string on the marco lesson note dies out on my fender ohmy.gif
Also, do I read the tab wrong? do you make some unison bend in the beginning, it doesnt say so in the tab?
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 26 2012, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cosmin I cant to the 1 1/4 bend on the D string on the marco lesson note dies out on my fender ohmy.gif
Also, do I read the tab wrong? do you make some unison bend in the beginning, it doesnt say so in the tab?

No man, in the beginning there's only a half tone bend on a single string biggrin.gif what sort of strings are you using on the Fender?
ElHombre
0.10 thinnest string, I think the drop tuning ruined my bending a bit but the guitar is in need of a setup and I will only send my Ibanez for that. But I think I will work it out, it sounds really nice actually got a good sound to it.

Well I think I will work it out though, the song involves 30 min of my practice schedule today hope to learn it today, then of course I need more time to get it right 100 %.

Didnt get anything done yesterday but here is my schedule today.

30min Theory
30min IRL teatchers task (working on a song with some cool chords)
30min Learn last part of a song im transcribing
30min Cosmin lesson
After that, guitar free time biggrin.gif Where I Will work on my own song.
Cosmin Lupu
Looks good Erik! Mate, bending with 11-56's in drop C has developed a lot of stamina and power in my hands so it's not bad exercise, unless you want quick results, which are not possible.

Let me know how it goes smile.gif

Cosmin

QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 27 2012, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
0.10 thinnest string, I think the drop tuning ruined my bending a bit but the guitar is in need of a setup and I will only send my Ibanez for that. But I think I will work it out, it sounds really nice actually got a good sound to it.

Well I think I will work it out though, the song involves 30 min of my practice schedule today hope to learn it today, then of course I need more time to get it right 100 %.

Didnt get anything done yesterday but here is my schedule today.

30min Theory
30min IRL teatchers task (working on a song with some cool chords)
30min Learn last part of a song im transcribing
30min Cosmin lesson
After that, guitar free time biggrin.gif Where I Will work on my own song.

ElHombre
Well I have been told sometimes, "how can you use such thick strings" and Im only using .10 I dont think that thick even, and they at the guitar tech are using .08 ohmy.gif cause it made tone bending and colouring much easier.

Well I dont agree with them I like thicker strings, maybe I should use .11 or should I stick to .10 ? When you get used to it you develop more strenght and bending is no problem.

Also cosmin, how do you play scales?

from the loose strings to the 5th fret I got printed in my head all the names of notes I can also read this not easily, when playing classical, jesus you played everything up there xD So there I play from C to C, G to G etc, but also the whole "box" to get every note included in the scale, which is quite an unorthodox way to learn scales, but I dont see anything wrong in playing the box
Cosmin Lupu
Hey man smile.gif lighter strings are indeed better for coloring and articulation but the tone gets nicer with thicker strings wink.gif 0.10's are very good I think, but for drop C riffing stuff - 0.11 - 0.54 or 0.56 is much better.

Regarding scales, I usually can make my way through the notes, as I pretty much know them all over the neck, the most interesting part is experimenting with patterns and positions smile.gif this is a neverending journey man, I mean the more you find and experiment with your own ideas, the more able you will be to use them freely.

We can develop this further if you'd like smile.gif

Cosmin

QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 27 2012, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I have been told sometimes, "how can you use such thick strings" and Im only using .10 I dont think that thick even, and they at the guitar tech are using .08 ohmy.gif cause it made tone bending and colouring much easier.

Well I dont agree with them I like thicker strings, maybe I should use .11 or should I stick to .10 ? When you get used to it you develop more strenght and bending is no problem.

Also cosmin, how do you play scales?

from the loose strings to the 5th fret I got printed in my head all the names of notes I can also read this not easily, when playing classical, jesus you played everything up there xD So there I play from C to C, G to G etc, but also the whole "box" to get every note included in the scale, which is quite an unorthodox way to learn scales, but I dont see anything wrong in playing the box

ElHombre
Cosmin might I suggest a rythm/right hand focus lesson in Drop C instead of Siepens lesson? Since Id like to keep my fender in Drop C for a while, being overcareful with the neck..
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 27 2012, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cosmin might I suggest a rythm/right hand focus lesson in Drop C instead of Siepens lesson? Since Id like to keep my fender in Drop C for a while, being overcareful with the neck..

Sure mate biggrin.gif Go for the Metal Metrics 4 wink.gif it's a good combo of riffing and articulation - you will have a lot of work with your strings biggrin.gif
ElHombre
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/w-a-mo...-turkish-march/
Hey cosmin, i Had som luck my ibanez got the be brought to my countries ibanez tech and it will be fixed for free ohmy.gif
So I will only have my fender for I while and I have to have it in standart tuning all the time so cant finish this lessons this month sad.gif

So how about we work with the turkish march? Me and my sister (her on piano) will maybe play it live sometime have to learn it!
I have looked at it before but quit learning around 0:56. Not easy there! have to use a metronome, but didnt quite get the rythm and the beat to learn that part by metronome by some reason it became difficult.

I will do a quick record of what I got so far
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 4 2012, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/w-a-mo...-turkish-march/
Hey cosmin, i Had som luck my ibanez got the be brought to my countries ibanez tech and it will be fixed for free ohmy.gif
So I will only have my fender for I while and I have to have it in standart tuning all the time so cant finish this lessons this month sad.gif

So how about we work with the turkish march? Me and my sister (her on piano) will maybe play it live sometime have to learn it!
I have looked at it before but quit learning around 0:56. Not easy there! have to use a metronome, but didnt quite get the rythm and the beat to learn that part by metronome by some reason it became difficult.

I will do a quick record of what I got so far

Hey Erik smile.gif no problem mate - if you finish them and play them well, I am contempt. Let's see the recording of the Turkish March and see what we can do with it wink.gif

Cosmin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.