Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mixing Plug-ins
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
audiopaal
What are your favorite mixing plug-ins, and why? smile.gif

I'm sure some of you mix your own songs right?
So... what are you using? smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
My favourites are Waves! They had lots of cool plug ins for everything that you need to do a good mix. I use a lot the API series at the studio. Izotope Ozone is other of my favourites.
Alex Feather
I use Waves for everything I saved up and got myself a mercury bundle it works great for me!
Really like the sound!
audiopaal
I use the waves SSL and API plug-ins myself, very happy with the results.
The Abbey Road plug-ins is also well used on my recordings, great stuff!

Always looking for new stuff though smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Mar 19 2012, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah! Abbey Road presence and brilliance plug-ins has been decisive in the last album of my band Cirse. I used them a lot for guitars.
audiopaal
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 20 2012, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah! Abbey Road presence and brilliance plug-ins has been decisive in the last album of my band Cirse. I used them a lot for guitars.

Nice, I use them quite a bit as well.
I don't get as good mixes as you though smile.gif
Alex Feather
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Mar 19 2012, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Abbey road are great!!!! I love them too!
Todd Simpson
I have been using classic outboard compressor sims that come bundled in KOMPLETE 8 from Native Instruments and they are just amazing. They actually run inside the guitar rig interface or guitar rig player as a container.

Click to view attachment

You can download a demo here.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/pro...sors/?page=2196

I finally broke down and bought a UAD SATELLITE which I SWORE I"D NEVER DO and now I"m a complete liar! I really don't see why you need external processors with quad core chips on board your computer but a buddy of mine finally convinced me it's worth it so here goes. Next up is picking which plugins I like. They all work for 30 days then you have to pick.

Click to view attachment

more info on the external audio processing device here.

http://www.uaudio.com/uad-plug-ins/satelli...ellite-duo.html
Saoirse O'Shea
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 19 2012, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... I use a lot the API series at the studio. ...

API is generally good for rock genre mixes (although maybe a bit too coloured for some other genres). Or at least the hardware, which is what I have experience of, is, never used the vst versions so can't vouch for them either way. Gab - you know that API hardware isn't that expensive particularly if you get the 500 lunch box series? Also API brand a couple of their hardware units under the 'Arsenal' make/brand - maybe not quite as good as the APIs but very good value for money.

With Abbey Road - you can get hardware versions of a lot of the old Abbey road units from makers like DAV again for not a lot of money.

Personally I prefer vsts that don't try to emulate hardware. For mixing I'd suggest either Flux or Elysia as two software companies that generally make high quality vsts. Voxengo make some interesting ones but some are a bit outre for my taste.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.