Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Time Live Experience
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Frankster
Hi!

Yesterday it was my first time live experience.

The hours before the gig it was like hell for me. Bad sleeping, couldnt eat, couldnt concentrate ... wink.gif

But after we seting up our instruments the fear was gone. A little bit of stage fright, but that was all.

After setting up our staff, the amp from the rhythm guitarist was dead. Back to the rehearsal room, to get a second amp.
After that a mic didnt work, the mixing at the begining was bad.

But during the gig everything was perfect, except the strap button from the bass guitar break away, so he needed a screwdriver in the middle of the gig laugh.gif
The drummer started a break and I thought, ok I have to start with the solo, but I was to early *g*
The singer skipped a part from the song during the playing. *g*
But everything was no problem. The audience liked our show, dont recognised our little mistakes, and I had no problem to improvise with this litte challenge

That was my first time live experience.
How was yours ?

Thanks
Frankster
thefireball
Never really had a live experience before. I have only played for family and friends in my room (just a few), and people at church (under 40 people). Sounded like you guys handled everything very well! I have heard here on the GMC forum to expect the mistakes so you will be ready for them. smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Hey great to hear you had your first gig!
Funny thing is that those little "mishaps" like gear problems, forgetting parts of the song etc etc never disappear! smile.gif
No matter how many gigs you do, something always happens. With time you just get better when dealing with unpredictable.

My first gig went good I guess. I still remember it, we were playing in a high school stairway in front of the whole school smile.gif
I was nervous that whole day and when it started but somehow just after the show I really relaxed. We played everything we prepared (not that successfully smile.gif ) and that was it. I think I have the recording somewhere - its so funny to see myself standing there like a "statue" smile.gif)) With experience, stage performance does improve a lot!
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi man! Congrats on your first gig man! My first gig was at my school when I was around 13, and I really enjoyed it! As I was so young, I don't remember about being nervous or something but you know... at that age you don't use to feel worried for anything so I think that it was very natural. Then I remember that I felt nervous with the first gigs of bands that very more professional.

here you can see the video of that gig, guitars were a bit out of tune.. tongue.gif

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3456473649243
MonkeyDAthos
my first live experience was for a guitar shop, where from time to time the students gather and give a guig, (that time there were like 100-150 humans watching us), i played Ten Words by Satriani, it went pretty good infact...the only problem is that we play it a little too fast tongue.gif i will try to get a video.
PosterBoy
I think my first experience with guitar was performing Blowing in the wind by Bob Dylan when I was 10 to my whole school, that was a while ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.