Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tomw's Mentoring Experience
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Cosmin Lupu
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mate! biggrin.gif Welcome to your personal thread wink.gif please tell me a few words about your playing and your favorite music. If you have recordings of yourself, it would be pretty awesome to let me see them smile.gif

Cosmin
tomw
Hi Cosmin,

Thanks for your reply! smile.gif

Ok, so I wouldn't say I'm a complete beginner. I can play but I'm looking to take things to the next level. My rhythm is fairly good but my lead sucks. I can learn most things by ear and jam along to CDs. I've recently started learning some theory such as the major modes, minor pentatonic, etc., but beyond some scale sequencing and short speed exercises I don't really know how to use them musically. I know the notes on the neck and the scale tones in relation to the key I'm in but I just need to start piecing it all together and start properly playing some music. I'd like to get to the point where I can feel confident enough to start jamming with other musicians and writing my own stuff.

I have a couple of Troy Stetina books that I've been using over the last year or so which have been good for some theory.

I've been into all sorts of music over the years, from Kraftwerk to Pat Metheny, but my passion is in rock and metal (especially when it comes to guitar).

Unfortunately I don't have any recordings or videos to show you, but I'm guessing I should probably learn how to do that. I do have a macbook with built in camera and mic so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

I hope that gives you a rough idea as to where I'm at. So where do we go from here, Cosmin?

Tom

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 31 2012, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey mate! biggrin.gif Welcome to your personal thread wink.gif please tell me a few words about your playing and your favorite music. If you have recordings of yourself, it would be pretty awesome to let me see them smile.gif

Cosmin

Cosmin Lupu
Hey Tom!

mate, first of all, a simple recording with your cam could work wonders as otherwise I would just guess what to direct you towards. The idea is that the more I know what your strong and weak points are, I can tell you what to do to get where you want to go biggrin.gif

Please record some lead and rhythm playing k?

Cosmin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.