Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sell My Strat For A..
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
ElHombre
Hi guys.

Just sent my Ibanez away for fixing some issues with it for free which was great.
So now I have my Fender. And I just dont like it so much anymore. It gets out of tune and doesnt sound good. I know this could be fixed and you could by new pickups but why just don get a new one?

Any tips?
Right now I have an Ibanez RG 2570 (made in japan).
Im trying to explore many styles and be as complete as possible. But I most play modern stuff.
I guess, getting a 7th string is only if you are totally a metal addict, you can still play awesome metal on a dropped tuned 6 string.
Come with some suggestion!

Price range around 1000 $
Gabriel Leopardi
I would go for a Schecter guitar. I like them and I think that you can get an amazing guitar with that budget.

ElHombre
Or maybe this one? ESP Horizon

Its 2k$ but Its a great guitar right?
dark dude
If you're interested in that ESP, check out the top of the ESP LTD range - good value for money there.

H1001 for the ibanez rg shape, with or without floyd, 1007 for the 7 string, with or without floyd.
ElHombre
Just found a ESP Horizon guitar for 1200 $ in my country, who is a demoproduct, but with full guarantees (original price 2500 $)
SpaseMoonkey
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 11 2012, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just found a ESP Horizon guitar for 1200 $ in my country, who is a demoproduct, but with full guarantees (original price 2500 $)

He's not lying they are like $1800-2000USD.

I agree with everyone tho. ESP-LTD/Schecter are both reasonable guitars for the price. I've had an LTD and I also have a Schecter. Both have been good to me.
ElHombre
Yeah the price has been lowered overall I think Most store says: 2000 $, and overlined the 2400$ price tag in my country
I wouldnt order a demo-ex from ebay but since this is in my own country (i will call them tomorrow) it seems like a great deal.

The guarantee was also included.
Doing this change with my Fender would only be like 300 $ and what a change that would be IMO
Fran
If ypu already have a 2570 and are happy with it, I'd stick with it and save for a 4570 smile.gif
ElHombre
The thing is I want to have 2 guitars ohmy.gif
Yeah its and idea but then I would have to sell both my guitars and my Ibanez which used got profixed for free.

Is the ESP horizon a bit to "similar" to the 2570 so is it no use to have these 2 guitars?

Maybe in the future I would think right now I just look at it like trading my fender for another one with not too much money in between
PosterBoy
Suhr Rasmus Modern. It's a John Suhr guitar, made to his specs in China and set up and checked over (including Plek) by his guys at Suhr USA.

http://www.rasmusguitars.com/

It maybe a little too close to your Ibanez in function though
ElHombre
I made the deal wink.gif
What a great guitar it seems to be real quality.

Well going to have to sell my Fender now. I dont know if I should keep it. I got myself a job during the summer I can afford to keep it but I dont know.
derper
I only seem to put my $$ in to one guitar at a time, that covers all ground. I sold my 97 american standard strat for a 97 Parker Nitefly, and I LOVE it!
JD_
I have tried alot of guitars recently.... And i ended up buying a Schecter BlackJack ATX.... amazing tone and sustain, for 1000 dollars too.... It's a impressive sounding guitar man
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.