Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Modulation Examples
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > THEORY
PosterBoy
I'm looking for examples of chord sequences to help get from a song in one key to another without having to break the flow to much.

We often use the technique of getting to the V chord of the next key.

Can we start a list.

It's a great help to church musicians
Cosmin Lupu
Awesome thread! You just made me think of this very important aspect smile.gif aaaaand look what I found biggrin.gif

Examples on modulation

...some more examples on modulation

Take a lookie here smile.gif

This can provide possibilities which can spice up your playing a lot - also, another good idea would be to check out chord progressions of famous pop songs of the 80s-90s smile.gif you will find a cornucopia of harmonic progressions with a lot of interesting elements!

Cosmin
PosterBoy
Awesome find.

Thanks I'll work through these
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 23 2012, 07:53 AM) *
Awesome thread! You just made me think of this very important aspect smile.gif aaaaand look what I found biggrin.gif

Examples on modulation

...some more examples on modulation

Take a lookie here smile.gif

This can provide possibilities which can spice up your playing a lot - also, another good idea would be to check out chord progressions of famous pop songs of the 80s-90s smile.gif you will find a cornucopia of harmonic progressions with a lot of interesting elements!

Cosmin

Great links Cosmin!
Alex Feather
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 23 2012, 09:17 AM) *
I'm looking for examples of chord sequences to help get from a song in one key to another without having to break the flow to much.

We often use the technique of getting to the V chord of the next key.

Can we start a list.

It's a great help to church musicians

Oh man there is so many things you can do!
I have a BA in composition so if you want you can join my mentoring program and I will help you out! We can look at your particular situation and find modulations that will fit the best!
You can sign up here
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43564
PosterBoy
Thanks for the offer Alex but at the moment I'm without a decent spec pc to record audio and video on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.