Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timing Issue!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Kalidia
I've discovered that i play slightly before the beat, do i have to correct the things? And how do i adjust my playing to sound perfectly on the beat? i'm pretty scared of this because I don't how to handle it. thanks!
HungryForHeaven
You could try practicing this exercise with a metronome at various tempos. Listen to (and "feel") the clicks while playing, and focus on getting the notes out on the right beat. After a while, you will get used to follow clicks/drums/etc.

Click to view attachment
Dinaga
Just slow down. smile.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Dinaga @ Apr 27 2012, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just slow down. smile.gif

laugh.gif

To be honest, that is the truth. But, to get there, try to identify 3 stages. Before the beat, in front of the beat and on the beat.

Try to deliberately play slower than you would normally and actually try to get behind the beat so that it feels like you're getting left behind. Get to know what that feels like and what it sounds like. Then, from that point just start trying to get tighter until you feel like you're really on the beat and in time. It can be harder to go from being too fast to being in time, so starting from a place of too slow might be an easier way to find the right pace.
Kalidia
Thanks guys, I think I'm doing some kind of improvement at very slow tempo... I'm gonna work on this in the following days/weeks and i'll keep you posted!
Alex Feather
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Apr 27 2012, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks guys, I think I'm doing some kind of improvement at very slow tempo... I'm gonna work on this in the following days/weeks and i'll keep you posted!

I have a thread on my instructors board called RHYTHM CORNER you can check it out! I have a lot of exercises that will help you develop your timing!
Alex Feather
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Apr 27 2012, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've discovered that i play slightly before the beat, do i have to correct the things? And how do i adjust my playing to sound perfectly on the beat? i'm pretty scared of this because I don't how to handle it. thanks!

If you want I have a rhythm corner with a lot of exercises that will help you develop your timing!
Here is the link
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43785
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.