Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cars
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Pages: 1, 2
The Uncreator
Alright all of us on here like cars, so lets talk cars, post a picture of your dream car, talk about whatever and everything to do with cars.

This is my dream car, a '67 Shelby GT500.

I would have a different paint job and everything of course, but that car, man i would kill to have it.
Robin

!"¤)!(¤)/#&!¤&%!#¤!!! <3
Robin
smile.gif
Andrew Cockburn
This one for hanging out (1956 corvette, when it was cool before it became a muscle car):

And this one for moving out (also a shelby, but a Cobra):

The Uncreator
Oooh, i love that '56 Vette, nice one to have to just drive around or take a road trip.
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 6 2007, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oooh, i love that '56 Vette, nice one to have to just drive around or take a road trip.

Exactly! I saw one in a car show a month back, and fell in love with it smile.gif
The Uncreator
My uncle would die for that car, he loves the old school vettes, '56 especially. I myself like the early 60's ones, I always love muscles cars, they are like the Deans of cars for me biggrin.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 6 2007, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My uncle would die for that car, he loves the old school vettes, '56 especially. I myself like the early 60's ones, I always love muscles cars, they are like the Deans of cars for me biggrin.gif

Yeah, I like the muscle, but with slightly more refined styling, hence the Cobra ... maybe one day smile.gif
The Uncreator
I was watching an auction not to long ago, and the 1969 Shelby GT500 Concept Car sold for like $500,000, The same guy who bid that also spent atleast $3,000,000 on other cars, he bought atleast 10 cars that night.
Jeff

There's just something about a truck with 500 horsepower and 525 lb-ft of torque that I like. biggrin.gif
Smikey2006
biggrin.gif 1984 Chevrolet Monte Carlo smile.gif im actually buyin 1 very shorly.. i can't say its my dream car. but im in love with it haha, ill post a picture so that sum people can see it haha. also if u wanna help me buy it go onto my other post and see if u wanna buy anythin little that im sellin haha smile.gif i just need a few hundred bucks so im sellin sum stuff sum ppl might want haha smile.gif lol sry i kinda got off topic smile.gif cars.. haha dream car i guess if i could ever have it is lamburgini murcilogo.. spell him right? probably not.,black with red window tint haha smile.gif its soo metal
The Uncreator
i wouldnt mine owning the batmobile either.
Smikey2006
haha don't kid with me tongue.gif right now my dream car is the 1 i can have haha smile.gif im happy with my extremely warn down and beat up monte carlo from over 20 years ago haha
Aaron

the 1969 stingray corvette is my dream car
The Uncreator
Wow, now THATS a nice car.
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 7 2007, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the 1969 stingray corvette is my dream car

Complete;y different vibe to the '56, but I have to say it looks sweet .... I'd need both smile.gif
CrashOops
Is it bad that I'd love to have an NSX?
feel out of place on a site that seems to be full of muscle car fanatics
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (CrashOops @ Jun 8 2007, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it bad that I'd love to have an NSX?
feel out of place on a site that seems to be full of muscle car fanatics

Definately not - NSX is cool!

In terms of cars I have owned, the sweetest was definatley an M3, looked like this, including the color and the unusual 4 door version. It was absolutely amazing to drive, I have never driven anything faster!

The Uncreator
I also wouldnt mine owning an NSX, they are pretty cool, i might prefer a nice Muscle car to it, but an NSX Is still cool
Stijntjen
nice car you used to have andrew, thumps up tongue.gif:
My dreamcar would be the corvette from '69 i just love it.
The fastest car i've ever driven was a Z3 M version
the best a mercedes E 220
and my car sad.gif the fiat punto S (s for standard)

Maybe we could post pics of our own car ? if you have one ? or otherwise your main transportation equipement (i want pics of bikes, rollerblades and shoes laugh.gif lol)

Click to view attachment

My car tongue.gif its fun to be in there with 5 guys from over 190cm and singing along with Sunshine lollypops and rainbows tongue.gif cool.gif
Robin
How could I forget to post a Hummer.

Hemlok
QUOTE (Stijntjen @ Jun 9 2007, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe we could post pics of our own car ? if you have one ? or otherwise your main transportation equipement (i want pics of bikes, rollerblades and shoes laugh.gif lol)

Well i entered this topic hoping it was about the song "cars" i shouldn't have got my hopes up. While im talking about it, i dont know who made that song, do you?

"here in my car, i feel safest of all, i can lock all my doors" goes something like that.
I have also heared that song done by Fear Factory... anyway.

Click to view attachment

And here is what is getting me around for the moment $600 Honda Accord 1987 smile.gif

My dream car doesn't exist yet. cool.gif thats how cool it is
Andrew Cockburn
Cars was Gary Numan I think.

Here is my Jeep:

Click to view attachment
XxLeviathanxX
When i get home from work ill post a pic of the car that i own... then a pic of my dream car.
blindwillie
I want to post my bicycle and worned downed ecco's, that's how I get to work now, but my camera died a few weeks ago. I'll give it a shot (hihi) with my phone tomorrow. Sold my enduro a month ago, but here she is, sexy old mama. Used to drive it to work. I have a car too but I never get to drive it. I'm married.

Wintertime

And summertime

I'm the dark clothed guy. The blue guy used to be a friend of mine until he laughed his a** of when I dived into the mudpool.

OMG, I miss her so.
CrashOops
My current Car. 1988 CRX with dohc 1.6l motor in it. quick and light smile.gif
body needs work though.
mattacuk
Here is my current car, a VW Golf GTI 1.8 turbo 20 valve biggrin.gif

My dream car, thats easy, the Porsche 911 turbo - yes i am a german car nut !

botoxfox
Bump... My car, an '86 VW Jetta

I drove it from Norway to Finland and back this summer. The total distance travelled on that trip was about 3000 km.
PolackHax0r
QUOTE (Robin @ Jun 8 2007, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How could I forget to post a Hummer.

Robin, My father actually owned a Hummer H2 and you would not believe the number of times people would flip us off while we drove it. It was unreal. People would even write notes in there car on the highway as we passed them and put them in the window for us to read them. They would say something like: "Nice to see you need a Hummer to boost your ego." Stuff like that. We went out to eat at a place called Kotos in So. Burlington, Vermont and someone wrote, in the dirt on the back window, "Go to Iraq and fight for your oil." It was cool to own the Hummer but really got annoying with all the people flipping us off alllllll the time! mad.gif

Even people on bicycles would flip us off. mad.gif Oh yeah, and when my dad was at starbucks, someone printed off an article about how bad the emissions of the hummer is.

When I get on my work laptop, I will have to post some pictures of my Jeep!

-Justin
Robin
QUOTE (PolackHax0r @ Oct 14 2007, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Robin, My father actually owned a Hummer H2 and you would not believe the number of times people would flip us off while we drove it. It was unreal. People would even write notes in there car on the highway as we passed them and put them in the window for us to read them. They would say something like: "Nice to see you need a Hummer to boost your ego." Stuff like that. We went out to eat at a place called Kotos in So. Burlington, Vermont and someone wrote, in the dirt on the back window, "Go to Iraq and fight for your oil." It was cool to own the Hummer but really got annoying with all the people flipping us off alllllll the time! mad.gif

Even people on bicycles would flip us off. mad.gif Oh yeah, and when my dad was at starbucks, someone printed off an article about how bad the emissions of the hummer is.

When I get on my work laptop, I will have to post some pictures of my Jeep!

-Justin

Howcome people are being such assholes?
PolackHax0r
QUOTE (Robin @ Oct 13 2007, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Howcome people are being such assholes?

Because the Hummer is bad for the environment and because it's contributing to global warming.... blah blah blah. The Hummer def. gets crapped on a lot right now. What can you do....

-Justin
Robin
QUOTE (PolackHax0r @ Oct 14 2007, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because the Hummer is bad for the environment and because it's contributing to global warming.... blah blah blah. The Hummer def. gets crapped on a lot right now. What can you do....

-Justin

PFFFFFH!
PolackHax0r
My Jeep! Lifted only 2 inches w/ 32" tires. I love to go off roading!!!

Click to view attachment

My brothers Jeep (Red) My Jeep (Yellow) and the Hummer:

Click to view attachment

I couldn't find any pics of the M3 or the X3 ( My Dad LOVES BMW's - I don't mind at all! biggrin.gif )

-Justin
Robin
QUOTE (PolackHax0r @ Oct 14 2007, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Jeep! Lifted only 2 inches w/ 32" tires. I love to go off roading!!!

OH DAMN, thats the coolest cars I've ever seen! I love the picture with the hummer and the jeeps in the same pic! How much do they cost? ohmy.gif I LOVE the colors aswell!! Oh jebus! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

I want one sad.gif
PolackHax0r
QUOTE (Robin @ Oct 13 2007, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH DAMN, thats the coolest cars I've ever seen! I love the picture with the hummer and the jeeps in the same pic! How much do they cost? ohmy.gif I LOVE the colors aswell!! Oh jebus! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

I want one sad.gif

Well the Jeep's were acutally pretty cheap. I think Dan's was only like $18,000 USD. Mine was $21,000 USD. The H2 was acutally pretty expensive.... $63,000 USD. blink.gif

-Justin
Robin
QUOTE (PolackHax0r @ Oct 14 2007, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the Jeep's were acutally pretty cheap. I think Dan's was only like $18,000 USD. Mine was $21,000 USD. The H2 was acutally pretty expensive.... $63,000 USD. blink.gif

-Justin

Yeah those H2's cost too much. Man, I'm gonna check how much those jeeps cost in Norway!

What year are your Jeeps from btw?

Oh and, can you get them with backseats(do you say it like that ohmy.gif)? biggrin.gif
Owen
QUOTE (Stijntjen @ Jun 8 2007, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(i want pics of bikes, rollerblades and shoes laugh.gif lol)

PHOAR!

Moine. laugh.gif
botoxfox
QUOTE (Robin @ Oct 13 2007, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah those H2's cost too much.

You wouldn't afford the gas anyway. tongue.gif
Robin
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Oct 14 2007, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You wouldn't afford the gas anyway. tongue.gif

Haha true. But when I get rich I will.
ZakkWylde
Don't tell me about cars I just slammed my mom's Jeep into a minivan while I was backing up -.-
To defend my honor:It was already night, there was no light in the street, the van was black and there is the emergency tire on the back window...

...DAMMIT I did not even see this thing until I smashed it's side!
Saoirse O'Shea
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 8 2007, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cars was Gary Numan I think.

Here is my Jeep:

Click to view attachment

Andrew,
you look like you live in the suburbs and on flat land but you drive a 4x4 laugh.gif . Jeez I live in the country up a mountain track and we manage ok with a normal car (boring Ford Mondeo estate) - or do you have particularly bad winters in town biggrin.gif tongue.gif ?

Couldn't resist the comment wink.gif

Ideal car btw would be a Jag E type or an old Alpha Romeo Spyder.

Should also add that we're about to change our real car in the next few months - probably for an Audi S4 Quattro or Honda Accord RS xd if we have the cash. (We want a 4wheel drive just not a 4x4 cool.gif ). We'll probably end up though with a Fiat Doblo rolleyes.gif unsure.gif .

Matt - nice VW smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Oct 13 2007, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't tell me about cars I just slammed my mom's Jeep into a minivan while I was backing up -.-
To defend my honor:It was already night, there was no light in the street, the van was black and there is the emergency tire on the back window...
...DAMMIT I did not even see this thing until I smashed it's side!

Bit like my wife Zakk- nasty big wheely bins keep jumping out and throwing themselves in her way as she reverses laugh.gif .

She's hit three in 4 years and swears that each time they were not there when she started to reverse rolleyes.gif .

Cheers,
Tony
mattacuk
Glad you like my VW Tony biggrin.gif My DREAM CAR is a PORSCHE 911 Turbo -

I just love german cars, Porsch, BWW, VW, Mercs etc
Saoirse O'Shea
+1 for a 911 Turbo - think my wife would divorce me straight away though wink.gif . I think she might go for an E type though smile.gif (but not the cost blink.gif )

Did you see this week's Top Gear Matt? 911 vs an Aston Martin vs a Ferrari (I think). Missed all but the last 2 minutes when they were already back in the studio ohmy.gif - but the presenters preferred the 911 as I recall...

Cheers,
Tony
botoxfox
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Oct 13 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bump... My car, an '86 VW Jetta
I drove it from Norway to Finland and back this summer. The total distance travelled on that trip was about 3000 km.

This is what I would call a sucessful thread bumping. tongue.gif
mattacuk
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 14 2007, 06:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+1 for a 911 Turbo - think my wife would divorce me straight away though wink.gif . I think she might go for an E type though smile.gif (but not the cost blink.gif )

Did you see this week's Top Gear Matt? 911 vs an Aston Martin vs a Ferrari (I think). Missed all but the last 2 minutes when they were already back in the studio ohmy.gif - but the presenters preferred the 911 as I recall...

Cheers,
Tony

darn I missed that sad.gif maybe it will be repeated! im not supprised the 911 was faviroute, its a beautiful work of art ! What curves and style wink.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 14 2007, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Andrew,
you look like you live in the suburbs and on flat land but you drive a 4x4 laugh.gif . Jeez I live in the country up a mountain track and we manage ok with a normal car (boring Ford Mondeo estate) - or do you have particularly bad winters in town biggrin.gif tongue.gif ?

You wanna know why I have a jeep?

This is why I have a Jeep:

Click to view attachment

Because when I had a regular car it got frickin buried!
Owen
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 14 2007, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You wanna know why I have a jeep?

This is why I have a Jeep:

Click to view attachment

Because when I had a regular car it got frickin buried!

Over here you have a regular car just so that when it does get buried you have an excuse to take the day off. tongue.gif
Pavel
Maaan, Andrew you live in a beautiful place!! I want to live in such a place one day! Love the nature all over the house and the actual style of houses there!
Andrew Cockburn
Yeah, its a nice area for sure, but we are moving to a bigger town (for reasons that are unlikely to become clear) - its still a nice neighborhood, I will have room for a studio, and we get passes to the beach in summer smile.gif
Pavel
Wish you good neighbors as it is very important not to have jerks around you! smile.gif

Your own studio is awesome! Glad about you man! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.