Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dream Theater Style Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
snackajacks
Who of the awesome instructors has the balls to create a dream theater lesson in the style of the latest album,
Would love to see it in here biggrin.gif

You guys rock !
Ben Higgins
No. Denied.

laugh.gif

Gabriel Leopardi
Do you mean about an album with the new drummer? I haven't listened it yet. sad.gif
Opetholic
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 28 2012, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you mean about an album with the new drummer? I haven't listened it yet. sad.gif

You know, Dream Theater was starting to bore me a bit after Six Degress of Inner Turbulence. I felt like all their albums were the same. This last one with the new drummer is very similar still but there is something different there, I can feel it smile.gif I think it is the best DT album compared to the last 3 4 of them..
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 28 2012, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, Dream Theater was starting to bore me a bit after Six Degress of Inner Turbulence. I felt like all their albums were the same. This last one with the new drummer is very similar still but there is something different there, I can feel it smile.gif I think it is the best DT album compared to the last 3 4 of them..

It happened the same to me, that's why I haven't check it. I will give it a try.
JesseJ
Listen to "on the backs of angels" It's my favorite.
Gitarrero
+1 to Jesse, this track is great!
We've already got a few lessons in their style so first I'd love to see some lessons in the style of other bands biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jun 28 2012, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Listen to "on the backs of angels" It's my favorite.

I'm doing it now... I like the epic intro with clean arpeggios... let's see what happens next.
Slavenko Erazer
Let's do a " rite of passage" lesson man???
JTaylor
I don't know a lot of Dream Theater stuff but this whole intro (and actually a lot of the song) to "On the backs of angels" sounds like "Pull Me Under". Not necessarily a bad thing though.
snackajacks
On the backs of angels is indeed an epic track, I like the new drummer better. He really is a powerbeast on stage.
Those :"other" albums were fun to listen , but only once smile.gif
Opetholic
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 29 2012, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm doing it now... I like the epic intro with clean arpeggios... let's see what happens next.

So Gabriel, did you like the album??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.