Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most Metal Bands On Earth?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Todd Simpson
According to one study, SCANDINAVIA has more Metal Bands per capita that ANY PLACE ON EARTH! God Bless em! Any Scandinavians here who can confirm this?

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainme...-density/50521/

Click to view attachment
superize
Dont have anything confirmed but it could well be so
Cosmin Lupu
I think I can spot Romania as being pretty colored towards the nice red I think wink.gif tongue.gif
Slavenko Erazer
Offcourse man, 'cos the government is suporting metal in those countries.

And there are no Scandinavians 'cos right now, they're ripping hard in their practicing rooms cool.gif
Ben Higgins
Poor showing for the UK.. even Portugal has us beat ! biggrin.gif

And..... Belgium ??? ohmy.gif
Bossie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 7 2012, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah we're doing fine ...allthough if there was a DJ count ....we would be bloodred too.. dry.gif
Todd Simpson
Belgium! Waffles and METAL!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 7 2012, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 7 2012, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Belgium! Waffles and METAL!

What are Belgian Waffles ?

Don't say 'waffles that are Belgian' wink.gif

And on that subject, does anybody know these things ? They are absolutely gorgeous... rest them over your coffee cup and the heat makes the caramel in the waffle go slightly gooey and soft tongue.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroopwafel

I could easily begin every morning with a coffee and a stroopwafel biggrin.gif
Bossie
The best Belgian waffles are the brussels waffles ...now that's a very big crunchy waffle..very light though.
Mostly served with powder sugar or cream....delicious !!!You need a special iron to bake those ..

EUh...now what was the metal question ?? tongue.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jul 7 2012, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The best Belgian waffles are the brussels waffles ...now that's a very big crunchy waffle..very light though.
Mostly served with powder sugar or cream....delicious !!!You need a special iron to bake those ..

EUh...now what was the metal question ?? tongue.gif

That does look good ! tongue.gif
Gitarrero
Only at GMC can a metal thread become a waffle thread within less than 10 posts laugh.gif

I have heard Germany has also 2 or 3 quite talented metal bands tongue.gif but we've got too many inhabitants for this map biggrin.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 8 2012, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only at GMC can a metal thread become a waffle thread within less than 10 posts laugh.gif

I have heard Germany has also 2 or 3 quite talented metal bands tongue.gif but we've got too many inhabitants for this map biggrin.gif

Come on, we've had this discussion before where I said that Scorpions were the only German metal band.. they couldn't possibly have any more.... there's just no way...

laugh.gif laugh.gif
bleez
all this talk of metal bands has made me really hungry for some reason huh.gif
Ben Higgins
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 8 2012, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Come on, we've had this discussion before where I said that Scorpions were the only German metal band.. they couldn't possibly have any more.... there's just no way...

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Wait, Germany has bands? Thought it was just Strudel?
Gabriel Leopardi
hahaha and we ended talking about Waffles.... tongue.gif

Chile has more metal bands than Argentina... but Argentina has more metal bands than Brazil. It's curious because Brazil has had the most popular metal band compared with the other two countries... (Sepultura, Soulfly, Angra, Shaman).
Cosmin Lupu
Strupwaffels are incredibly delicious biggrin.gif I love them as well.

On the other hand, in here, just a few bands from the underground, mine included (I like to believe), have taken the time to pay attention and focus on doing things right - stage presence, sound and composition. Otherwise, most of the people treat things pretty superficially - can't blame them though, as metal music does not sell in here...
MonkeyDAthos
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 7 2012, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just in my town there are 3 punk/metal covers band, 2 originals and maybe more that i don't even know (btw i am not talking about a city ,but a Village) , our undergrounds music has a lots of hardcore punk and dirty metal bandw
SCProphet
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 7 2012, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I Think Belgium is the most underrated metal country there is. Their is 0 support for metal bands here but we have amazing bands. I'm thinking of making a thread here on GMC to make those metal bands known to this community , any one who would want this?
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (SCProphet @ Jul 11 2012, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I Think Belgium is the most underrated metal country there is. Their is 0 support for metal bands here but we have amazing bands. I'm thinking of making a thread here on GMC to make those metal bands known to this community , any one who would want this?

That would be great mate! I don't know Belgium metal bands so this could be very interesting.
Bossie
Bring it on !!! smile.gif
SCProphet
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 11 2012, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be great mate! I don't know Belgium metal bands so this could be very interesting.

I made the Thread , but I'm not keeping it only to Belgium bands, I hope you check it out and enjoy it smile.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=45150
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (SCProphet @ Jul 12 2012, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I made the Thread , but I'm not keeping it only to Belgium bands, I hope you check it out and enjoy it smile.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=45150

Cool! Thanks mate! wink.gif
fkalich
Breaking News! Bears poop in the woods.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 6 2012, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to one study, SCANDINAVIA has more Metal Bands per capita that ANY PLACE ON EARTH!

Nihilist1
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 11 2012, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Strupwaffels are incredibly delicious biggrin.gif I love them as well.

On the other hand, in here, just a few bands from the underground, mine included (I like to believe), have taken the time to pay attention and focus on doing things right - stage presence, sound and composition. Otherwise, most of the people treat things pretty superficially - can't blame them though, as metal music does not sell in here...

I would actually agree with this. There is only one Romanian band I listen to, but their best albums have always had about four year intervals. Have you heard of Negură Bunget, Cosmin?
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 13 2012, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would actually agree with this. There is only one Romanian band I listen to, but their best albums have always had about four year intervals. Have you heard of Negură Bunget, Cosmin?

I am friends with their vocalist smile.gif and used to talk with their ex guitarist a few years ago. They are definitely NOT my kind of music tongue.gif but I respect them A LOT for what they have achieved - BTW, they have toured the USA 2 months ago smile.gif
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 12 2012, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Breaking News! Bears poop in the woods.

I gather that in Scandanavia, saying this it almost like saying "GEORGIA HAS REDNECKS!" do tell?
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 13 2012, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
saying this it almost like saying "GEORGIA HAS REDNECKS!" do tell?

Georgia has Rednecks ???? I refuse to believe it !! biggrin.gif
Nihilist1
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 13 2012, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am friends with their vocalist smile.gif and used to talk with their ex guitarist a few years ago. They are definitely NOT my kind of music tongue.gif but I respect them A LOT for what they have achieved - BTW, they have toured the USA 2 months ago smile.gif

Yup! I saw them!
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 14 2012, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Georgia has Rednecks ???? I refuse to believe it !! biggrin.gif

I know it's shocking but yes!
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 17 2012, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know it's shocking but yes!

I'm reading a book at the moment called Red Mist that is set in Georgia ! biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 14 2012, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup! I saw them!

Ahaaa biggrin.gif How cool is that? I will tell Stefan tongue.gif If you want autographs or a CD, just let me know man smile.gif
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 17 2012, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm reading a book at the moment called Red Mist that is set in Georgia ! biggrin.gif

That's the crime drama with the bits about the Womens Prison in Savannah right? Savannah is about as Southern as Southern gets. A movie came about a bit ago, "midnight in the garden of good and evil" that, from what I gather, is pretty spot on about that town. It's a wacky place wink.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 19 2012, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the crime drama with the bits about the Womens Prison in Savannah right? Savannah is about as Southern as Southern gets. A movie came about a bit ago, "midnight in the garden of good and evil" that, from what I gather, is pretty spot on about that town. It's a wacky place wink.gif

That's right.. by Patricia Cornwell. I can almost feel the muggy heat when I read it ! wink.gif

I've heard of that movie.. if I'm not mistaken it was directed by a certain Mr Eastwood ??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.