Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An Another Guitar...do I Really Need ?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
VilleFIN
Hi guys !

I have this "problem". I occasionally go through sites that sell guitars. Mostly this Finnish Guitar Community site where everybody can sell music related stuff. Now there's a guy who's selling modificated Esp Ltd MMV6. Here's the pic.

I have seen this guitar while ago when the former owner was selling it. He has modificated a lot of the guitar. It has better tuners, Gotoh floyd rose, EMG X and all the parts are golden. wink.gif
Also he says that a pro painter has re-painted it. I think this model is only for Finnish market 'cos is kinda Alexi Laiho style guitar. Of course it's few years old. 2006 like the model says. ( MMV6 )

Now the new owner is selling it a lot of cheaper 'cos he got it in exchange and he don't need that style guitar.

The price is 200 euros and he basically can deliver it near me.

So back to the question...Do I need another guitar ??

Basically I would love to have an another guitar for lower tuning. Now I have this Ibanez RG1570 Prestige which is really good.
But this is a V shape. And it's "love or not shape". Never actually played a V before.

Just post some thoughts what do you think...

smile.gif

Cheers

-Ville-
TreyDeschamp
Dude, are you sure that thing has been repainted?

That looks EXACTLY like the Alexi Laiho arrowhead. Those things are rare. Before I bought my Alexi Laiho Blacky signature, I was searching for that one.

The reason I ask "Are you sure" is because of the inlays. The only guitar that I have ever seen those inlays in are the AL-600 Arrowhead. That doesn't mean that those style aren't in any other ESP or guitars in general but thing strikingly resembles the arrowhead.

I would say go for it. Even if it isn't the arrowhead, at 200 euro's, that's a steal!

Gitarrero
My personal thought:

If you have the money, and you want the axe...get it biggrin.gif

It's cool to have a guitar for lower tunings, if you really need a reason. And 200 Euros is a fairly reasonable prize.

Christian
VilleFIN
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 20 2012, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, are you sure that thing has been repainted?

Oh yes it is re-painted. If you look closely in the headstock there's no Ltd logo. And it's definetly MMV model.

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 20 2012, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even if it isn't the arrowhead, at 200 euro's, that's a steal!

Yes the price is quite right my friend !! cool.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 20 2012, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My personal thought:

If you have the money, and you want the axe...get it biggrin.gif

It's cool to have a guitar for lower tunings, if you really need a reason. And 200 Euros is a fairly reasonable prize.

Christian

2 guys already saying I should buy it. wink.gif
Ben Higgins
3 guys now saying you should buy it ! wink.gif
llibach
I say go for it. 200 ain't a lot. biggrin.gif I have the same problem every 6 months or so I get the urge to buy a new one, and it's now that time.
I tried out an overwater custom build they are a Bass company that don't really build guitars but this was a one off and it was nice, and I'm trying a HSS strat next week and a PRS custom 24 though I think the last one is a bit out of my price range but lets see how low I can get the guy wink.gif
Azzaboi
Nice looking, but how does it play? I would seriously want to try before buy.
bleez
buy it buy it buy it. biggrin.gif

I totally would!
Nihilist1
The upgraded FR Trem and the EMGX alone are worth it for spare parts that you can transfer to a different guitar if you don't like that one.
Bossie
Ofcours you need this guitar !!!!! rolleyes.gif
PosterBoy
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 20 2012, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The upgraded FR Trem and the EMGX alone are worth it for spare parts that you can transfer to a different guitar if you don't like that one.

Gotoh FR is around €200 or so on it's own
Yash
Get it !!!

I wish I get a similar deal biggrin.gif
Slavenko Erazer
Buy it, but if you're not in the mood , handle it over to me , i'll buy it !! wink.gif
Yash
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 21 2012, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Buy it, but if you're not in the mood , handle it over to me , i'll buy it !! wink.gif

No, I WILL tongue.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif
El Fortinero
for 200 E you do not even get a fender squier in here man grrr dry.gif r! BUY IT!!

and if you are not confortable with the guitar just sell it and recover the money.. i always do that
Fran
We really, really don't need more than one guitar, but oh is it nice to get something nice now and then isn't it?

Get It. laugh.gif
Sensible Jones
As long as you can justify a WHOLE 200 Euros I say go for it!!
Wait a minute, I spent about that last weekend to go see Bruce Springsteen!!!
Buy it!! Buy it now!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Ben Higgins
When you think about it, we can sum it up in one sentence..

You never really need a new guitar.. it's about want ! biggrin.gif
Bossie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 23 2012, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you think about it, we can sum it up in one sentence..

You never really need a new guitar.. it's about want ! biggrin.gif

ship it to Belgium !!! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.