Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: German Power Metal III: Gamma Ray
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Gitarrero
Original lesson: German Power Metal III: Gamma Ray by Gabriel Leopardi

Hey guys, since the famous Wacken festival takes place this weekend I recorded a few metal rec takes :D Gear as usual: Ibanez axe, GR4, Reaper, webcam. Cheers! Christian

Ben Higgins
Herr Driever, you must have eaten your Sauerkraut this morning because it's very good !

That opening phrasing is awkward because of the inside picking isn't it ? I think Gab actually uses all down strokes there which keeps the velocity even and also makes it a bit easier for you to keep the rhythm.

That's the only thing that was slightly edgy sometimes - the timing. But that's all because everything else was solid.

So I give you a NEIN !! No, wait.. I mean a nine !! tongue.gif
Alex Feather
It is a very good take! As Ben said the picking has some issues Gab did use all down strokes! Also there were some timing issues! I would suggest practicing it at a slower tempo with a metronome so you can get a full control over this tune!
Good job though! I liked the sound and most parts sounded great!
Cosmin Lupu
Hey again Christian! This is very good man! Keep your ears open to what Ben and Alex said and you can get the 10! Timing is still your greatest enemy but hey, as we say here in Romania - 'Cu rabdarea treci marea' meaning 'Patience will get you across the sea' tongue.gif So...slow practice, yes?

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
Good take mate! It's really cool when a concerts gives us motivation to practice and playing guitar. I think that this take is good and that you only have to concentrate on your timing, mostly in the riffs that starts at 00:47. Besides that, the overall is very good. Keep on the good job! wink.gif
Fran
Pass: 8.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.