Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Back!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
derper
Well....I never "left" really, but last month was the busiest month of my life and I had almost no GMC time, other than a little bit of forum chat.

Today, for the first time, I hit Ben Higginseses's "Kirk Hammett" lesson. Not full speed, and I really need to clean it up....but I was surprised at how far I got on it, for one day.

I also re-visited Cosmin's infamous "Vivaldi Winter Arpeggios" riff that I was working on over a month ago. Still, it is NOWHERE NEAR full speed...but, though my time here at GMC I feel like I've grown and changed quite a bit as a guitarist, and it shows when practicing the Vivaldi run. NOT saying that "it shows" because I'm better....but because my technique has changed drastically since when I first started on this. I'm playing way more towards a "classical" grip, my picking has changed, and I'm paying way more attention to the timing and playing clean notes. This actually makes me practice it slower, but it's the only way I will EVER get it up to full-fluid "Coz-speed"!! Watch Cosmin's original lesson to be blown away by how easy he makes it look.

Ben Higgins
Good to have you back, Senor ! Nice to see you still shredding at work.. and to my lesson !! Bonus ! cool.gif
Slavenko Erazer
SHredding at work? Man,I wish i could get such a job ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Welcome back to the hard work mate! Both videos sound cool. I like to see you shredding at work! Your playing is getting smoother and tighter, well done!! smile.gif
derper
Yeah, playing guitar on the clock is the reason I stay here. I'd like to go to school for music, but I can't really afford it. So the next best thing is getting paid to practice and learn at GMC! wink.gif

I think I'm going to try to get your lesson cleaner and up to full speed and submit as my next REC. The other lessons I'm working on, I can't quite get at full speed. But it will be a SWEEEEET day when I can finally submit a REC for those vids!!

Love the lesson Ben, and I've been wanting to dig into it since you published it. Unfortunately, the wedding took up too much time last month so all of my guitar time was gig-prep. Now that it's over, and she's "stuck with me", I can go back to the way things were... tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 30 2012, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good to have you back, Senor ! Nice to see you still shredding at work.. and to my lesson !! Bonus ! cool.gif

Todd Simpson
Welcome back either way smile.gif Nice Parker and playing!

Todd

]
QUOTE (derper @ Aug 29 2012, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well....I never "left" really, but last month was the busiest month of my life and I had almost no GMC time, other than a little bit of forum chat.

Today, for the first time, I hit Ben Higginseses's "Kirk Hammett" lesson. Not full speed, and I really need to clean it up....but I was surprised at how far I got on it, for one day.

I also re-visited Cosmin's infamous "Vivaldi Winter Arpeggios" riff that I was working on over a month ago. Still, it is NOWHERE NEAR full speed...but, though my time here at GMC I feel like I've grown and changed quite a bit as a guitarist, and it shows when practicing the Vivaldi run. NOT saying that "it shows" because I'm better....but because my technique has changed drastically since when I first started on this. I'm playing way more towards a "classical" grip, my picking has changed, and I'm paying way more attention to the timing and playing clean notes. This actually makes me practice it slower, but it's the only way I will EVER get it up to full-fluid "Coz-speed"!! Watch Cosmin's original lesson to be blown away by how easy he makes it look.

Ben Higgins
QUOTE (derper @ Aug 30 2012, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love the lesson Ben, and I've been wanting to dig into it since you published it. Unfortunately, the wedding took up too much time last month so all of my guitar time was gig-prep. Now that it's over, and she's "stuck with me", I can go back to the way things were... tongue.gif

Haha !

For 'shredder' or for worse !! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.