Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smooth Jazz /lounge ? :d
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Pololagrattoune
Hi everyone !! I recently felt in love with smooth jazz / lounge music and i was searching on the website for some lessons on it . I am not familiar with this kind of music ( i am a metal player^^) so if an instructor can lead me on some lessons, or better than that : make a new lounge music lesson, it will be soooo nice =)
Socky42
Definitely some David Wallimann, pretty sure he made some lessons on it back when he was still here.

Or even his youtube, http://www.youtube.com/user/Wallimann
Blister
Check out:

Jazz Instructors page

Particularly: Stephane Lucarelli and Vasilije Vukmirovic

and don't forget Jazz Archive Licks (be sure to scroll down)

Of course, there are others.

I enjoy smooth jazz & jazz fusion (are they the same?), too! smile.gif
derper
Definitely check Stephane Lucarelli (instructor here)!!

I grew up with smooth jazz, but eventually grew more towards hard bop, post bop, and funk-jazz. But some smooth jazz really grooves and I still listen occasionally. If you ever want some tips for players to listen to, let me know and I'll throw some pics your way.... such as:

-George Benson
-Earl Klugh
-Larry Carlton
-Lee Ritenour
-Jeff Golub
-Martin Taylor
-Ray O'Bieo (might have spelled that last name wrong)

Also, many of these guys do smooth jazz and more, like Larry Carlton and Martin Taylor.
Blister
Hey Derper, thanks for the intro to Martin Taylor & Jeff Golub. I hadn't heard of the them. I don't know & couldn't find "Ray O'Bieo (might have spelled that last name wrong)" but maybe someone else may know of him. smile.gif
Alex Feather
QUOTE (Pololagrattoune @ Sep 22 2012, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone !! I recently felt in love with smooth jazz / lounge music and i was searching on the website for some lessons on it . I am not familiar with this kind of music ( i am a metal player^^) so if an instructor can lead me on some lessons, or better than that : make a new lounge music lesson, it will be soooo nice =)

It is a great style! One of my favorites! If you are interested you can join my mentoring program and I will show you all the tricks of smooth Jazz!
Just send me a Personal Message and I will sign you up!
derper
Martin Taylor is amazing!! He also played in the Grisman-Taylor Jazz quartet (David Grisman) and with Stephane Grappelli (Django's fiddle player).

And....it's Ray Obiedo!! You'll find him now!

Martin Taylor is amazing!! He also played in the Grisman-Taylor Jazz quartet (David Grisman) and with Stephane Grappelli (Django's fiddle player).

And....it's Ray Obiedo!! You'll find him now!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.