Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sweeping Obsession
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Amir Razmara
Hi Guys

Lets share information on the topic of "sweep picking". If you know of sources/videos that could contribute to learning about this topic please share them with us. Below is a video I found. I have transcribed the beginning sweep section for you guys. The tabs are below the video.

korblitz
Awesome thanks
DeGroot
Here is a short clip of George Bellas playing his style of sweeping. I'm always fascinated with what a clean tone he always plays with. cool.gif

Amir Razmara
Sweep Picking Lesson from the supreme leader of GMC Kristofer Dahl

Socky42
http://www.insaneguitar.com/master-classes...eep-picking-101

This is probably the best text lesson for sweeping i've seen.
Gabriel Leopardi
This video have some good Sweeping ideas:

Amir Razmara
DeGroot, Socky42, and Gabriel Leopardi thanks for your input....lets keep it going biggrin.gif
Todd Simpson
FLAT OUT WOW, this gal is AMAZING IMHO. smile.gif Just subbed her. She is also in an all gal ACDC tribute band, but I"m thinking she should be in an all gal SYMPHONY X tribute band smile.gif

Here is another vid of her ripping it in context with some sweep"ish" licks. Notice how fluid she comes in and out of it. Amazing.

QUOTE (Amir Razmara @ Nov 11 2012, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys

Lets share information on the topic of "sweep picking". If you know of sources/videos that could contribute to learning about this topic please share them with us. Below is a video I found. I have transcribed the beginning sweep section for you guys. The tabs are below the video.

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Amir Razmara @ Nov 13 2012, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DeGroot, Socky42, and Gabriel Leopardi thanks for your input....lets keep it going biggrin.gif

no problem! this is becoming a cool thread about Sweeping.. smile.gif
DeGroot
Yeah, lets keep this one going! I like checking all these out.

Here is Rusty Cooley teaching his extreme sweeping in one of Outworld songs..

Here is Yngwie teaching sweeping. rolleyes.gif hehe, sorry but this gave me a good laugh.

Amir Razmara
[quote name='Todd Simpson' date='Nov 13 2012, 06:28 PM' post='616910']
FLAT OUT WOW, this gal is AMAZING IMHO. smile.gif Just subbed her. She is also in an all gal ACDC tribute band, but I"m thinking she should be in an all gal SYMPHONY X tribute band smile.gif

Here is another vid of her ripping it in context with some sweep"ish" licks. Notice how fluid she comes in and out of it. Amazing.

Todd nice to have your input here....funny thing is I had no Idea this was a gal biggrin.gif I thought it was a long haired dude to begin with, but in the video you posted it is clearly a gal !!! WOW indeed biggrin.gif
Amir Razmara
Santiago Diaz is a GMC instructor

Here's the link to his actual GMC lesson:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Jason-...-7th-Arpeggios/
AK Rich
QUOTE (Amir Razmara @ Dec 8 2012, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Santiago Diaz is a GMC instructor

Here's the link to his actual GMC lesson:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Jason-...-7th-Arpeggios/

Wow I used to have an RG-650 that looked exactly like that guitar blink.gif
ConnorGilks
Here's one I came up with the other day. It can be used over any minor chord, but specifically a minor 9 chord. Here we'll use it over an Fmi9.

|----------------8h11/13\11p8------------------|
|--------------9---------------9---------------|
|---------8h12-------------------12p8----------|
|------10-----------------------------10-------|
|-8h11-----------------------------------8p11--|
|-----------------------------------------------|
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.