Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thought I Should Introduce Myself!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
ConnorGilks
Hey guys! biggrin.gif

I'm a new user here and am loving GMC so far. Figured I should say hi and introduce myself.

My name is Connor, I'm from Vancouver Canada. I've been playing for about 7 years, I'm currently going for my Bachelor's of Applied Music majoring in Jazz and Contemporary guitar. I started off listening and playing punk music, which I still do, but since then I've added metal and jazz fusion to my main focuses. I listen to pretty much all genres and just love playing!

Thanks for reading. smile.gif

zoom
Hi Connor - Welcome aboard. Look forward to seeing you around the forum.
Qenzoz
Hey Connor! Welcome biggrin.gif, always great with new members!

So if I may ask, what kind of guitarists do you really like & also what bands? biggrin.gif
Ben Higgins
Welcome Connor ! I've seen you around but it's cool to get an introduction smile.gif

How are you finding studying for the BA ?
Dieterle
HEY and welcome !
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Connor! Welcome to GMC! Punk & Metal?? It's great combination! smile.gif
Enjoy the site and let us know every time you need help or feedback.
Gab.-
Fran
Welcome Connor cool.gif
azureus
QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Dec 7 2012, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys! biggrin.gif

I'm a new user here and am loving GMC so far. Figured I should say hi and introduce myself.

My name is Connor, I'm from Vancouver Canada. I've been playing for about 7 years, I'm currently going for my Bachelor's of Applied Music majoring in Jazz and Contemporary guitar. I started off listening and playing punk music, which I still do, but since then I've added metal and jazz fusion to my main focuses. I listen to pretty much all genres and just love playing!

;)Intresting !!.you are welcome .. smile.gif
mroberts70
...you won't find better instructors or class mates elsewhere, WELCOME friend! Sometimes there's some guitar stuff that goes on here as well... wink.gif
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Dec 7 2012, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometimes there's some guitar stuff that goes on here as well... wink.gif

I think it may have happened a handful of times but it could just be a myth......
ConnorGilks
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Dec 7 2012, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Connor! Welcome biggrin.gif, always great with new members!

So if I may ask, what kind of guitarists do you really like & also what bands? biggrin.gif

Thanks man! smile.gif I listen to a lot of things as I said, but I'll try and narrow it down... For bands, Alexisonfire, My Chemical Romance, Rise Against, Avenged Sevenfold, Periphery, The Faceless, Haunted Shores, Between The Buried And Me, that sort of thing. For guitar players, Guthrie Govan, Synyster Gates, Frank Iero, Ray Toro, Misha Mansoor, Mark Holcomb, Wes Hauch, you get the idea. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 7 2012, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome Connor ! I've seen you around but it's cool to get an introduction smile.gif

How are you finding studying for the BA ?

Thanks! I'm loving it! I can honestly say that I look forward to school every day and love what I do. It's a lot of work, but the education is fantastic and my guitar playing has never accelerated so quickly.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 7 2012, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Connor! Welcome to GMC! Punk & Metal?? It's great combination! smile.gif
Enjoy the site and let us know every time you need help or feedback.
Gab.-

Thanks man, I'm digging your lessons a lot by the way, especially the A7X one. smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hello Connor! Welcome to GMC mate smile.gif
ConnorGilks
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 9 2012, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Connor! Welcome to GMC mate smile.gif

Thanks man! smile.gif
Todd Simpson
Just noticed I hadn't welcomed you to our fine community! smile.gif Todd here! Thanks for stopping by the video chat btw! It's always a fun time smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Dec 6 2012, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys! biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.