Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guitarists In The Studio
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
PosterBoy

Tim Pierce

Dann Huff

ConnorGilks
Thanks man! Really great video series. I wish there was more information on the subject but there isn't.
PosterBoy
I shall see what I can find, I think Brent Mason also did a series like Dann Huff has.

I find this composition of guitar parts really interesting making them fit together and complementing the song and not getting in the way of the other parts
Andre Nieri
QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Jan 4 2013, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks man! Really great video series. I wish there was more information on the subject but there isn't.

Agreed. One of my favourite players - Michael Landau -, besides from being an ounstanding sideman and solo artist, is also one of the most respectful studio cats of EUA. I wish he had some video material showcasing his studio abilities and a talking a bit of how the system works.
klasaine
I love watching stuff like that. Yeah, very hard to find. Thanks for those! I also wish there was a Landau vid like that (luckily since I live in L.A. I can see him play relatively frequently).

Here's a short video desrcibing some of the players (the Wrecking Crew) in the generation just before those in the OP.

This is the trailer for the film which unfortunately is only screened occasionally due to the exorbitant amount of money it costs to license all the music.

Along the same lines with Lukather, Andy McKee and Lee Ritenour
Gabriel Leopardi
Interesting stuff! I just checked some Tim's videos and I find them very cool, I will check the other ones as soon as I can.
Thanks for sharing!

The classic albums series have interesting info about this... have you seen them?
Cosmin Lupu
This Tim Pierce dude is doing a hell of a job! I like this sort of vids and I just got an idea smile.gif
PosterBoy
I checked out Tim's credits he's had a massive career over the last 30 years, Dann Huff is no slouch either

Tim Pierce's Credits

Dann Huff's credits

Gab, I love the Classic Albums series, it really gives you some great insights
Todd Simpson
Really great vids man! Thanks for sharing smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jan 3 2013, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tim Pierce

Dann Huff

PosterBoy
More from Tim Pierce, he seems to be making a real effort to put stuff out on line.

PosterBoy
The Legendary Paul Jackson Jr

Here's the link for the whole Vlog of the album being recorded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WbJJNBknfI...x2quEhvex5Wy_Ya
Cosmin Lupu
I enjoyed watching this a lot! A talented PRS user, sight reading and recording in the studio. I would be VERY curious to see more such footage featuring Nile Rodgers - for those of you guys who don't know who he is:

This guy is not just an amazing producer but an awesome player and his portfolio includes artists such as Madonna - pretty cool, innit?

Also - Steve Lukather's studio takes are awesome to watch:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.