Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy Australian Forest Bird -- On Guitar
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Jonas Tamas
This is my "Australian Rain Forest Bird" guitar trick. Question: how did I produce this sound on the guitar?

http://soundcloud.com/jonastamas-hangmester/r-lt-tr-kk-k-35-ausztr-l-erdei-mad-r
Cosmin Lupu
Fast hammer on and pull off using a crunchy tone having a delay on top? smile.gif My guess!
Jonas Tamas
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 7 2013, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fast hammer on and pull off using a crunchy tone having a delay on top? smile.gif My guess!

Good morning Cosmin! Most of the ingredients you've mentioned are there: crunchy tone, delay (medium amount, so it is not a crucial part of the "Bird sound"), and a hammer-on. There is an important (and rather unusual) trick that I did while playing this sound. It substitutes the need for doing a series of hammer-ons and pull-offs. smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
I'd be very curious to find out smile.gif
Slavenko Erazer
maybe some whammy bar work on top too??

I like how Jonas brought some fresh and exciting ideas to GTR!! cool.gif
Ben Higgins
Wow, that's such a cool and effective sound !

It almost sounds as if you're grabbing the string and dragging it sideways off of the fretboard ??
PosterBoy
Damn it Ben that was what I was going to suggest
Jonas Tamas
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Feb 7 2013, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe some whammy bar work on top too??

I like how Jonas brought some fresh and exciting ideas to GTR!! cool.gif

Thanks a lot! smile.gif

No, there was no whammy bar in this lick:)

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 7 2013, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, that's such a cool and effective sound !

It almost sounds as if you're grabbing the string and dragging it sideways off of the fretboard ??

Yes, Ben has found it! cool.gif

This is how I produce this sound:

- hammer on from nowhere, on fret 1 of the low E string
- tap on fret 15 of the low E string
- I push the string upwards until it goes off the neck
- in this position, I move the string rapidly - similar to a normal vibrato, but on the narrow top of the neck.

If some of the readers topic have 2 minutes time, then post your version of this sound via SoundCloud!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.