Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Round Ii (dub/tekno/house) Tune I'm Working On
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Todd Simpson
Here is the second version of the eletronic"ish" tune I'm working on for a project I"m involved with just now. No NDA papers so I can share smile.gif I took some of the aggressive techno edge off as the piece is going to be part fo a documentary from what I gather so it's more subdued this time.

Let me know what you think smile.gif

Todd

EDIT
----
EEEEKK!!! Just noticed the end is wrong. One sec.
Todd Simpson
Sorry about that, here is the right version smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/teknot-ii-house-techno-dub-for

Todd
Dieterle
Hey Todd , a interesting mood / felling would be cool to know more about your documentary too !

Its like a - driving through the time - feeling to me .

By the way your timing / rhythm is excellent biggrin.gif

Dieter
Cosmin Lupu
Very nice man - as I said, when I first listened to the demo. This sounds fit for a movie as well - Imagine the main character sneaking in a huge facility and spying on something while this tune is playing biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
This sounds really good Todd! I like the atmosphere of this one. Great job! smile.gif
Todd Simpson
Thanks smile.gif It's for a pal of mine named John Mahoney who is a Director/Sculptor/Artist from L.A. He's doing a documentary about the making of his first book called INSPIRATION NOW. He recently was featured in HEAVY METAL magazine for his wild artwork and character design. He's an amazingly talented guy.

Here is a short video about one of the classes he teaches at Cal Arts.

***I did all of the Motion Graphics/Titles in this Vid BTW using After Effects****

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Feb 18 2013, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Todd , a interesting mood / felling would be cool to know more about your documentary too !

Its like a - driving through the time - feeling to me .

By the way your timing / rhythm is excellent biggrin.gif

Dieter

Cosmin Lupu
Wow biggrin.gif This is totally awesome!

You know, I just remembered something when I saw that image with the cranes in the video.

Here it is:

He painted using one brush with each hand in the same time smile.gif
Todd Simpson
Thanks for checking it out smile.gif The guy in the video is John Mahoney who's doing the documentary that I"m doing music for. It's great to have pals who are creating things as it's a great playground to try new things smile.gif I've done music, motion graphics, color correction, editing, even tech support for his projects over the years.

Not many collaborations allow me to draw from all of my interests so working with Mahoney is great. He might ask for Techno, or cool motion graphics, it could be anything.

THanks for the link COSMIN! Very cool work there!

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 21 2013, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow biggrin.gif This is totally awesome!

You know, I just remembered something when I saw that image with the cranes in the video.

Here it is:

He painted using one brush with each hand in the same time smile.gif

Cosmin Lupu
Glad you liked it man smile.gif Sounds great to have a possibility to push yourself towards new fields all the time!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.