QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 20 2007, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn, my poor psychological trick is failing laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif

Thinks "That Owen chap encouragies newbies a lot hm ..."
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 21 2007, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn, my poor psychological trick is failing laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif

oh when are you going to stop cheating...

Psychological counterstrike! laugh.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 20 2007, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh when are you going to stop cheating...

Psychological counterstrike! laugh.gif

Thinks "That Owen chap, he cheats .... hmmm"
Owen
Omg! What Ever Now! laugh.gif
Smikey2006
my name is too hard to use in physcological warfare sad.gif... Smacking Mightily Ithink is Key to Emmigrating ,Yet 2008,07,09 600 is a bad number and date for this movement of people........ im trying to hard
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jul 20 2007, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my name is too hard to use in physcological warfare sad.gif... Smacking Mightily Ithink is Key to Emmigrating ,Yet 2008,07,09 600 is a bad number and date for this movement of people........ im trying to hard

What? Psychological warfare? Where ???
Smikey2006
exactly biggrin.gif
JVM
Tank is deserving!
Smikey2006
I say we make Ghandi, Jesus and Siddhartha Gautama senior members biggrin.gif.. even tho they arn't members here... or are they...
Ryan
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jul 20 2007, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I say we make Ghandi, Jesus and Siddhartha Gautama senior members biggrin.gif.. even tho they arn't members here... or are they...

Hm now that i think of it. There hasnt been a GMC Senior annoucment for a couple of weeks. Either were just slacking, or they just dont like us tongue.gif
Hemlok
laugh.gif slackers

If they make people seniors every week, soon all the active forum users will be seniors. Because there aren't really heaps of active users on the forum. There are alot but out of nearly 2400 members not really.

So thats why only the really special ones get Senior status. Therefor we have to kiss the ground they walk on because they deserve it wink.gif tongue.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Jul 22 2007, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif slackers

If they make people seniors every week, soon all the active forum users will be seniors. Because there aren't really heaps of active users on the forum. There are alot but out of nearly 2400 members not really.

So thats why only the really special ones get Senior status. Therefor we have to kiss the ground they walk on because they deserve it wink.gif tongue.gif

Exactly!
Kristofer Dahl
Congratulations Tank, for your new GMC Seniorship! biggrin.gif

More about it in this thread:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=5894
Kristofer Dahl
Congratulations Tonymiro, for your new GMC Seniorship! biggrin.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=7046
Jeff
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 19 2007, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Contratulations Tonymiro. You have help out tremendously with your excellent posts. Especially in the equipment area!
Saoirse O'Shea
A big thank you to you all. I'm somewhat lost for words at the honour (first time for everything I suppose laugh.gif ).

Cheers,
Tony
Eat-Sleep-andJam
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 19 2007, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A big thank you to you all. I'm somewhat lost for words at the honour (first time for everything I suppose laugh.gif ).

Cheers,
Tony

well deserved , good to have you here tony smile.gif

-John
jammer91
After being around 6 months on GMC id like to nominate a user who diplays all the qualities of a GMC Senior:
mattacuk

This person displays all the qualities of a GMC senior. Im not just saying this out of the blue, but everytime im on i see him helping people out writing long yet understandable posts to help people out. Ive (amongst other GMCers) lately have been having some problem regarding things like improvisation and preparing a proper practice schedule and Matt has been there to sort thing out. Recently he has really enforced the importance of the 1-0-1 lessons and has also been contributing and motivationg other members to post shirts (competiton would encourage even more competition). He has also publically advertised this site on his own site:
http://www.guitarmental.com/

I think he deseves to be a senior member as he has been displaying all the qualities of one.

Good luck to other GMC members as well.
Andrew Cockburn
Thanks for the input Jammer, we appreciate it!

Regards,

Andrew
Maximus
I agree. He comes off as a genuinely nice guy and he is one of the most visible posters on the site.
mattacuk
You are too kind Jammer! And maximus those are also kind words thanks guys smile.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Oct 29 2007, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are too kind Jammer! And maximus those are also kind words thanks guys smile.gif

But well deserved Matt smile.gif
mattacuk
Thanks Andrew! wink.gif
Animosity
QUOTE (jammer91 @ Oct 29 2007, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After being around 6 months on GMC id like to nominate a user who diplays all the qualities of a GMC Senior:
mattacuk

This person displays all the qualities of a GMC senior. Im not just saying this out of the blue, but everytime im on i see him helping people out writing long yet understandable posts to help people out. Ive (amongst other GMCers) lately have been having some problem regarding things like improvisation and preparing a proper practice schedule and Matt has been there to sort thing out. Recently he has really enforced the importance of the 1-0-1 lessons and has also been contributing and motivationg other members to post shirts (competiton would encourage even more competition). He has also publically advertised this site on his own site:
http://www.guitarmental.com/

I think he deseves to be a senior member as he has been displaying all the qualities of one.

Good luck to other GMC members as well.

+1

QUOTE (Maximus @ Oct 29 2007, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. He comes off as a genuinely nice guy and he is one of the most visible posters on the site.

+1

+2 For Matt!
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (Animosity @ Oct 31 2007, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+1
+1
+2 For Matt!

I agree also.
Twibeard
QUOTE (Animosity @ Nov 1 2007, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+1
+1
+2 For Matt!

Yupp ... I agree ... + 2 from me too cool.gif
SLASH91
Yeah, same here cool.gif
botoxfox
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Oct 31 2007, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, same here cool.gif

Yes
rokchik
I have to agree too. biggrin.gif

Matt would be a great Senior. He's active on the forum and always has great advice.
Owen
I also agree that Matt should be a senior, as after our little tiff he has not avoided my posts and has gone out his way to help me with my questions when he could have avoided me, I think this shows that he is a genuinely good guy. smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 1 2007, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also agree that Matt should be a senior, as after our little tiff he has not avoided my posts and has gone out his way to help me with my questions when he could have avoided me, I think this shows that he is a genuinely good guy. smile.gif

I agree - good thinking! smile.gif
The Uncreator
Defiently agree here, Mattacuk deserves it! smile.gif
Spiderusalem
I agree. Mattacuk is awesome. He's always got something helpful and positive to say.

+1
mattacuk
I am feeling the love here ladies and gentlemen laugh.gif

Thankyou to each of you for being so nice.

But someone is going to have to explain this +1 +2 +3 system because its making me laugh laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Or is this the check plus plus system?
Animosity
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Oct 31 2007, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But someone is going to have to explain this +1 +2 +3 system because its making me laugh laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hahaha, call it the check plus plus system! You got a 105% laugh.gif laugh.gif
mattacuk
QUOTE (Animosity @ Nov 1 2007, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahaha, call it the check plus plus system! You got a 105% laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif I have been seeing this "system" alot on GMC recently, it seems pretty funny!! keep up the good work guys! tongue.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 1 2007, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shhh Matt, don't show your ignorance, just pretend you know all about it (that strategy serves me well ...)

I think it comes from the early days of open source software where empowered users would vote for some measure by saying +1 (e.g. add one to the tally of votes). Nowadays "+1" just means "I agree", and then you get the silly people on GMC saying +2 and +3 which presumably means "I really really agree" smile.gif
mattacuk
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 1 2007, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shhh Matt, don't show your ignorance, just pretend you know all about it (that strategy serves me well ...)

I think it comes from the early days of open source software where empowered users would vote for some measure by saying +1 (e.g. add one to the tally of votes). Nowadays "+1" just means "I agree", and then you get the silly people on GMC saying +2 and +3 which presumably means "I really really agree" smile.gif

+1 Andrew, +1 wink.gif unsure.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 1 2007, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+1 Andrew, +1 wink.gif unsure.gif

Good Matt, good!
Spiderusalem
x1 + a = b

figure that one out smarty pants =P
1mpr1m1s
Yep Matt is always there to help I 2nd that nominee.
RobM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 27 2007, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pleased to announce that our very first Senior Member is ....
MickeM

MickeM's helpful attitude and great knowledge of Amps and effects, and more importantly the way he is always happy to advise other members earned him this deep GMC honour!

Henceforth, MickeM will bear the Costume Name "Born of NWOBHM" - I'll let him explain that!

Congratulations MickeM!
Others will follow ...

Grats MikeM you certainly deserve it!

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 29 2007, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of congratulations ....

I am pleased to announce that our very latest Senior Member is .....
The Uncreator

The Uncreator has been with us for a little over 3 months, in which time he has racked up over 900 posts on a variety of topics. He has a deep knowledge of Metal and has spent a lot of time introducing new bands. He also kicked off the review section initiative for Bands and Gear, and has contributed some great initial reviews that set the bar for others to follow. His ever changing Avatars and sig pics have kept us all entertained, and in addition, through all of this The Uncreator has displayed a great sense of humour.
or has he ?????
Yes he has smile.gif Hence forth, The Uncreators Costume Name will be "Fire Up The Blades"

Congratulations The Uncreator!

Grats, nice to sere you get the title and bennies

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 4 2007, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Time to announce the next GMC Senior Member...
KANEDA

Congratulations!

Kaneda has shown evidence of exceptional knowledge on many music/guitar related topics. Not only that - he is also working on giving us a highly advanced and costumised flash scale application...hats off for Kaneda!

You might also notice that we aren't completely consistent with the three month limit, the decision here was however very easy! Also - it is good illustration that we want to choose the GMC Senior Members on merit, not because someone has been around for a while!

Believe it or not, but the first thing Kaneda replied to my pm was - "no that's not fair, I haven't been around for three months yet!" wink.gif Seems like I convinced him though - his costume title of choise is "Other side of the coin" biggrin.gif

Kris

Congratulations, nice job!!

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 19 2007, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Grats to Tank and Tony for their new memberships, you really deserve them.
Andrew Cockburn
Dear all,

We have a new Senior today ....

Click to view attachment

MATTACUK

This should be no surprise to many of you - Matt is unique in that he is the most nominated member for Senior that we have had yet. Matt earned his seniorhood for his great forum attitude, calm approach during forum debates, and his many many posts helping members with their practice programs, and discussions about the importance of music theory (something obviously very close to my heart!)

Please all join me in congratulating our newest Senior - Well done Matt!
Robin
Congratulations!
botoxfox
'Grats Matt smile.gif
mattacuk
Wow thankyou for the kind words Andrew biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I am very honoured to be part of the Senior Crew, and would like to thank everyone who has been kind enough to nominate me for senior membership !! smile.gif

It is very kind of you to say such nice things. smile.gif
Maximus
Congrats Matt. Well deserved.
Owen
Congrats Matt!

Well deserved! smile.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
Congratulations Matt, and very well deserved mate. Keep up the great work smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.