Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Groovy Outro Solo
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
thefireball
Hello again, GMC! smile.gif
I uploaded a solo appearing in the outro of "Our Hope is Here. What style would you think this is? Let me know what you think of the composition. I have never written this type of solo before. I just followed my heart's melody.

TylerT
Damn... That tone is gorgeous!!! Spot on bends and vibrato too man. Unreal
jstcrsn
it is very nice, I think its metal to my ears with some nice jazz overtones here and there
Cosmin Lupu
I hear the melodic and well articulated elements that players like Marco Sfogli have in their playing - sounds like metal/ jazz to me as well. Very nice playing man! Very, very nice!
Bogdan Radovic
Very cool solo Brandon! To me it sounds a bit exotic - I would probably put it into prog/metal/jazz category.
What gear/signal chain do you use to get this guitar sound? Its very clean and mellow.
thefireball
Thanks for your feedback, everyone. I appreciate it. smile.gif The signal chain is my ESP F50 humbucker split pickups (middle selection) through:

POD Farm
gate - comp - tube screamer - angel p ball - 4x12 line6 cab (57 off) - eq - reverb

I did my own mixing and mastering.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.