Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vocal Tracking
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
thefireball
Hey guys. I wanted to share with you a snippet of what me and my cousin recorded. Using our new Sterling Audio ST 55 mic through the new Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface, we tracked our own vocals for the first time. We are very pleased with the quality.

This song is called "The Lion has Come to Defeat the Dragon." The release of the EP is getting closer!

That's me on the guitar (Jackson SLSMG) going for the As I Lay Dying vibe, and Joshua on the vocals, clean and harsh.

The studio is going to work the magic on the track and vocals.

And here is how Joshua sings. Kinda like Killswitch Engage.

https://soundcloud.com/fireball100/the-lion-has-come-raw-sample

Hope you enjoyed! smile.gif Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Links are in my signature.
Gabriel Leopardi
Awesome mate! These samples sound very cool! Joshua's voice sounds great with the style! smile.gif
thefireball
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 18 2013, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome mate! These samples sound very cool! Joshua's voice sounds great with the style! smile.gif

Glad you think so!
thefireball
Anybody else wanna give feedback? smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
I like the song in the sound cloud sample and clean vocals turned out really nice!
Sound like the song is really catchy and modern rock sounding smile.gif

When is EP going to be released?
thefireball
It will be at least a few months. We are tracking vocals. And still finishing lyrics. Thanks Bogdan!
liveOASISforever
The sound cloud sample sounds really good. A see what you mean with kinda sounding like killswitch engage.

Cant wait to hear the EP smile.gif
thefireball
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ May 19 2013, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The sound cloud sample sounds really good. A see what you mean with kinda sounding like killswitch engage.

Cant wait to hear the EP smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hell yeah man! I love the lines biggrin.gif I think you were lucky with your cousin!
thefireball
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 20 2013, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hell yeah man! I love the lines biggrin.gif I think you were lucky with your cousin!

Thanks Cosmin. smile.gif I feel very blessed to have my cousin as the vocalist.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (thefireball @ May 20 2013, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Cosmin. smile.gif I feel very blessed to have my cousin as the vocalist.

The man can sing! Rare trait these days, around my country and regarding this style.
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (thefireball @ May 19 2013, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It will be at least a few months. We are tracking vocals. And still finishing lyrics. Thanks Bogdan!

Great - I have a feeling this EP will rock! smile.gif Are you recording everything at home?
What are your production plans, are you going to mix the material as well, mastering?

How are you going to distribute materials, free download or iTunes etc?

It is amazing how its "easy" to get the music out nowadays and reach audience smile.gif
thefireball
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 21 2013, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great - I have a feeling this EP will rock! smile.gif Are you recording everything at home?
What are your production plans, are you going to mix the material as well, mastering?

How are you going to distribute materials, free download or iTunes etc?

It is amazing how its "easy" to get the music out nowadays and reach audience smile.gif

I recorded the guitars with POD Farm and used Reaper as my DAW. There are a few vst plugins scattered throughout the EP. Everything else is MIDI to be reamped through better plugins. A local studio is going to do that along with mixing and mastering. I am going to upload it to Bandcamp where it will be for free for a long time. I might also place it on Soundcloud as a set, but I will need to upgrade that account.

Thanks gentlemen for the kind feedback! I referred my vocalist here to read this thread.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (thefireball @ May 21 2013, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recorded the guitars with POD Farm and used Reaper as my DAW. There are a few vst plugins scattered throughout the EP. Everything else is MIDI to be reamped through better plugins. A local studio is going to do that along with mixing and mastering. I am going to upload it to Bandcamp where it will be for free for a long time. I might also place it on Soundcloud as a set, but I will need to upgrade that account.

Thanks gentlemen for the kind feedback! I referred my vocalist here to read this thread.

Have you considered offering it as a free and also payed material? I have a friend that offered this possibility to everyone - free download and if you liked it you were free to pay for it.
thefireball
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 22 2013, 05:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you considered offering it as a free and also payed material? I have a friend that offered this possibility to everyone - free download and if you liked it you were free to pay for it.

Yes I failed to clarify. It will be up as "name your price" on Bandcamp. smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (thefireball @ May 22 2013, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I failed to clarify. It will be up as "name your price" on Bandcamp. smile.gif

When do you estimate that it will be up for sale?
PosterBoy
I'm equally excited about how this Ep is coming together and how much it shames me about the lack of hard work and progress for my own EP.

Each update you give shows great progress and gives me a motivational kick in the rear!
thefireball
Thanks guys. Not sure when to release. Hopefully soon in months.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.