Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Instructors, Please Include Amp Model In Lesson Description
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Digimortal
In the main page of a lesson instructors are always kind enough to mention the gear used to make the recording (Guitar/Amp/Plugin/DAW etc.).

Many instructors use amp modeling nowadays but then i often see only the hardware/software named but not the amp model used.

Would be great if you guys could name the amp model (and maybe some basic bass/mid/treble settings) used so guys with modeling equipment can get in the ballpark of the tone of the lesson quickly.

So instead of :

Guitar Rig 4
Amplitube

This :

Guitar Rig 4 - Fender Twin Reverb
Amplitube 3 - Marshall Plexi (lots of mid)

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi man! Cool nickname! It's that because of Fear Factory??

I use Lines 6 Pod HD 500 and I use to share my tones or specify the amp model used. wink.gif
Cosmin Lupu
True, this is a very good observation - since I only use analogue devices concerning the raw tone - I always write down the tone corrections of my AMT unit. Don't know if it helps, but I know at least 2 guys here that own one of those smile.gif
Darius Wave
Good idea. I think I'll post the screens of amp setup if this would be possible smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ May 28 2013, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good idea. I think I'll post the screens of amp setup if this would be possible smile.gif

Best idea! +1
Digimortal
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 28 2013, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi man! Cool nickname! It's that because of Fear Factory??

I use Lines 6 Pod HD 500 and I use to share my tones or specify the amp model used. wink.gif

Yes, is from Fear Factory. Although Digimortal is probably my least favorite FF album I like the story/theme behind it.

Thanks all for considering my request, looking forward to more easily dial in the lesson tones on my Kemper !
Todd Simpson
How about including the actual preset? I always include the preset/patch I'm using in a given video chat lesson. Usually in two formats at least. Guitar Rig 4/5 and Overloud TH2. That way the student can simply load up the patch and shred away smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Digimortal @ May 27 2013, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the main page of a lesson instructors are always kind enough to mention the gear used to make the recording (Guitar/Amp/Plugin/DAW etc.).

Many instructors use amp modeling nowadays but then i often see only the hardware/software named but not the amp model used.

Would be great if you guys could name the amp model (and maybe some basic bass/mid/treble settings) used so guys with modeling equipment can get in the ballpark of the tone of the lesson quickly.

So instead of :

Guitar Rig 4
Amplitube

This :

Guitar Rig 4 - Fender Twin Reverb
Amplitube 3 - Marshall Plexi (lots of mid)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.