Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Instructor: John Hatcher
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Kristofer Dahl
Today is a very special day...

- "230 BPM", I hear you think

But you are wrong!

- "280 BPM...?"

Still not right - you are actually heading in the wrong direction, because today I have the honour to introduce the acoustic blues instructor...

John Hatcher

To get a taste of John's philosophy, check out his instructor profile video:

Ready to get started? Here is a lesson anyone could learn, or rather - which everybody should learn (if you have't already):

Intro to 12 bar blues

Welcome to GMC John - it's awesome to have you here! biggrin.gif

Gabriel Leopardi
Killer stuff!! Welcome to GMC John!! It's great to have an acoustic blues instructor at GMC! I'll be following your lessons. smile.gif
Nava
Hi John!
Very interesting and I'll be following you:-)

John Hatcher
Thanks Gabriel and Nava! I'm excited to be a part of such an awesome community of dedicated guitarists. This site is a great resource, thanks to the GMC staff.

...I may even have to learn to shred a little wink.gif
Hajduk
Welcome John, great to have you hear.
leonard478
WELCOME! so happy to have you here i was just thinking about acoustic blues laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 12 2013, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Today is a very special day...

- "230 BPM", I hear you think

But you are wrong!

- "280 BPM...?"

Still not right - you are actually heading in the wrong direction, because today I have the honour to introduce the acoustic blues instructor...

John Hatcher

To get a taste of John's philosophy, check out his instructor profile video:

Ready to get started? Here is a lesson anyone could learn, or rather - which everybody should learn (if you have't already):

Intro to 12 bar blues

Welcome to GMC John - it's awesome to have you here! biggrin.gif

Todd Simpson
Welcome onboard John! smile.gif We are always thrilled to have new blood here @ GMC!!! Looking forward to checking out your lessons!

Todd
Patrik Berg
Hi John, great to have you at gmc, I love the blues so I look forward to your lessons.
Piotr Kaczor
Hi John! Yes, the blues is alright! smile.gif I hope to learn a lot from you.
DeGroot

Awesome! Welcome John... look forward to learning some new tips from your blues lessons!
Darius Wave
Wellcome at GMC John! smile.gif You will fill some very important part of guitar playing styles range. Excited to have the full acoustic player in here! Have a good time! smile.gif
MikeyMayhem
Welcome John! I can feel them Blues cuttin' deep already!! biggrin.gif
Blister
Hi John & welcome to GMC! smile.gif Excellent first lesson. A must learn for every guitarist, for sure! I'm excited about this wave of Blues flowing into GMC. This site is amazing & I'm sure you're going to love it here!

Gary
Mudbone
Welcome to GMC biggrin.gif We're actually neighbors!
dcz702
hell yea! i just bought a acoustic a couple days ago!!! ill be lookin for your lessons biggrin.gif
John Hatcher
You guys sure know how to make a guy feel at home!

Mudbone - if you make it to charleston, i've got a sam adams with your name on it.

dcz702 - let's break that thing in!

Cheers!
klasaine
I'm pretty far away but I've literally got a Sam Adams in my hand as I type this (with the other hand).
Welcome!
mroberts70
Wow, this does not give me the blues at all.... this stuff looks to get right down to the core of awesome! I look forward to checkin out your lessons John... Welcome sir!
Mudbone
QUOTE (John Hatcher @ Jun 12 2013, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys sure know how to make a guy feel at home!

Mudbone - if you make it to charleston, i've got a sam adams with your name on it.

dcz702 - let's break that thing in!

Cheers!

I love old Charleston! Lots of great bars and pubs there. Plus there's not many places like it in the US, as far as being historical and all wink.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hello and welcome John! Glad to have an acoustic man among us biggrin.gif
Ben Higgins
Welcome to GMC John, love your playing and intro video ! P.S. I didn't realise Blind Blake was a real guitarist ! smile.gif
vonhotch
Welcome to GMC. Looking forward to checking out the acoustic lessons.
Headbanger
Welcome John...I was only saying the other day..it would be good to get an acoustic Blues Instructor...Looks like I got more power than I thought!! laugh.gif
John Hatcher
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Jun 13 2013, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome John...I was only saying the other day..it would be good to get an acoustic Blues Instructor...Looks like I got more power than I thought!! laugh.gif

what's up headbanger! so what else could you use that power for? can you turn my amp into a 1952 Fender Twin Reverb? haha!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Jun 13 2013, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahaha remember to stay silent if you ever feel very angry. ohmy.gif
Headbanger
QUOTE (John Hatcher @ Jun 13 2013, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what's up headbanger! so what else could you use that power for? can you turn my amp into a 1952 Fender Twin Reverb? haha!

If I could I'd turn my amp into one first!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 13 2013, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hahaha remember to stay silent if you ever feel very angry. ohmy.gif

haha...Don't worry Gab no one would ever get angry at you Dude!! Even someone with special powers that manages to summon acoustic Blues Guitar instructors from thin air laugh.gif
Sensible Jones
Welcome to GMC John!! Love playing Acoustic Blues so I'm looking forward to your lessons!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Renan
Hey John! I'm looking forward to your lessons!
John Hatcher
Thanks Sensible Jones and Renan! Looking forward to it!
Yoppe
Welcom to GMC! Nice to meet you!!Also I'm new Instructor since last month. I'm interested in blues, so Im looking forward to your lesson:)
Fran
Great video! Welcome John cool.gif
John Hatcher
QUOTE (Yoppe @ Jun 15 2013, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcom to GMC! Nice to meet you!!Also I'm new Instructor since last month. I'm interested in blues, so Im looking forward to your lesson:)

Hey Yoppe! Nice to meet you too! I saw you're profile vid and your lesson. Great stuff man! I will definitely be working on my electric skills with these lessons from great players like yourself on GMC.
thefireball
Hey John! It's nice to have you here! I'm not as active as I used to be years ago. I am just so busy now, and even though I am a metal/rock guy, acoustic holds a special place in my heart. I see you're from SC - I'm from AR. smile.gif

Brandon
Blue Willy
I'm sure you're going to unlock a lot of those old secrets for us all here on GMC.biggrin.gif Welcome aboard John! As you say, it all goes back to the Blues. I kind of went the opposite way from your story...I went to the Blues first and then to Rock 'n' Roll...now I'm back to the Blues! cool.gif
John Hatcher
@fran Thanks!

@Brandon We're almost neighbors! Ha! Nice to meet you.

@Mike I've checked out your videos, I'm sure you've got a few secrets yourself smile.gif
Blue Willy
QUOTE (John Hatcher @ Jun 18 2013, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Mike I've checked out your videos, I'm sure you've got a few secrets yourself smile.gif

That I do, thank you very much. I tend to keep them for my paying customers but I will be putting some things up for the GMC folks as soon as I've some spare moments to record some new vids.

I'm looking forward to checking your lessons, the best way to get good is to steal licks wherever one can! wink.gif
David.C.Bond
Welcome to the website John.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.