Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: From The Future
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Vulpine
Heres a short demo I put together lemme know what you think
https://soundcloud.com/vulpinetekneq/from-the-future-by-kevin-marks

(think mid way my timing got a hair off , I plan to redo that part so it could sync better)
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mate! This sounds like a great idea, but your timing is slightly off as an overall observation - you need to work on this as we spoke before smile.gif Have you tried to practice the riff against a metronome?
Ben Higgins
Hi, I think your timing is already off before you even get to the mid section. It's just slightly behind, to be more exact. Nothing huge but it's noticeable enough to the listener.

Just try to speed it up a little until you feel that it's sitting right with the drums.
Darius Wave
Very nice ideas and guitar tone smile.gif guys pointed the main issues which makes a bit distraction. Also....try to work also on some vst bass section (or real bass If You have one smile.gif This will ad some fluency in the bottom end smile.gif
Vulpine
alright I'll start working on that today @ Ben n Darius

but before that Ill go over the riff some more over a metronome as Cosmin mentioned
Bogdan Radovic
Needs more cow bell! smile.gif
Just kidding biggrin.gif

I think that both themes got a lot of potential! What I would suggest is to work more in getting in sync with the drums. Kick and snare drums are your guide and try to lock in with them while playing. It might take a bit of time to get in the groove, try listening to drums and isolating each element in your head (hi hat, snare, kick). What you could also do is try to simplify the riffs. When we compose, we often come up with more complicated stuff then it should be. Try removing few notes here and there (especially if its strumming, try replacing some 16ths with 8th notes) and simplifying to see how it will sit with the drums.

Since you have the main themes going on, try working more on the backing track : adding bass and making drums a bit more diverse in the middle theme/section (adding fills etc). Drums play a big role in the band and can really make or break the song + they are especially good for gluing two different song parts together (and compensating for drastic harmonic change).

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate! Nice to find a new songs from you! As always, your composition is very creative and the main melodies are very cool to hear. Unfortunately the timing issues again is ruining a bit the overall song. I think that the issue starts with the rhythm guitar, and then it becomes impossible to play melodies tight. I know that you are already working on this, but I will continue saying this until you have fixed the issue. Once you did it, all the people will start talking about the great composer you are. smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 26 2013, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi mate! Nice to find a new songs from you! As always, your composition is very creative and the main melodies are very cool to hear. Unfortunately the timing issues again is ruining a bit the overall song. I think that the issue starts with the rhythm guitar, and then it becomes impossible to play melodies tight. I know that you are already working on this, but I will continue saying this until you have fixed the issue. Once you did it, all the people will start talking about the great composer you are. smile.gif

Me Gabe and Darius and Todd - we will make a choir biggrin.gif Because we all want you to fix the timing and we sing the same melody tongue.gif
Darius Wave
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 27 2013, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me Gabe and Darius and Todd - we will make a choir biggrin.gif Because we all want you to fix the timing and we sing the same melody tongue.gif

Very cool idea Cosmin but I'm not sure if I could keep the timming while singing...i do not practice this tongue.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 27 2013, 04:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha count me in!! smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Replace 'sing' with 'play' - does that work better? tongue.gif
Darius Wave
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 29 2013, 06:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Replace 'sing' with 'play' - does that work better? tongue.gif

Feel much more safe now tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.