Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ear Training Songs
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Cosmin Lupu
Hey guys - I just rediscovered this piece and I thought it's great ear training material as well as a nice technique builder since it is not a guitar oriented song, thus it might push you towards breaking some boundaries in your playing.

Do you have a song that you would like to emulate with your guitar, it being a non guitar song? smile.gif Let's place them here!
Monica Gheorghevici
Ha, ha,...... I start to put this on guitar, but I can't find the backing track. A good idea would be to do it with another orchestration but take a lot time smile.gif

Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 3 2013, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha, ha,...... I start to put this on guitar, but I can't find the backing track. A good idea would be to do it with another orchestration but take a lot time smile.gif

It will take some time indeed, but maybe you can blend the guitar over this one - for starting out with things - why not try it? biggrin.gif
Monica Gheorghevici
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 3 2013, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It will take some time indeed, but maybe you can blend the guitar over this one - for starting out with things - why not try it? biggrin.gif

Yes, I do that but don't have the same impact smile.gif But it's a good training for ears.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 3 2013, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I do that but don't have the same impact smile.gif But it's a good training for ears.

Oh yes it will have a great impact, if you play in such a way as to serve the track - I always did this with the classical songs I had to learn for Mozart Rocks - try it - what do you have to lose? tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.