Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questiong About Diatonic Arpeggios
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
enlo22
ok guys so i'm sort of stumped on fguring out a music theory thing. SO when it comes to figuring out the arpeggios diatonicly in a scale i'm stuck on the e phrygian major one, i tried to figure it out to get my brain back on track on thinking about music theory again, but i'm stuck on the G#one, i came up with the first 2 wich the arpeggios would be Emaj and then F maj then The G# i THINK it might be diminished or somethign??? that's where i'm confused, also the fingering for the diminished arpeggio that's where i'm confused again, is there like a place where it shows me the fingering for the diminished sweep? like apart from just the 1 that i already know? as in is there different sweep picking inversions of the diminished? ok hopefully someone gets the question haha i'm terrible at wording things! thanks guys.
The Professor
Hey

To answer your question I'll address the order of arpeggios in a major key so you can get those under your fingers as that might fix all your confusion the quickest.

In any major scale, or key, the order of arpeggios is:

maj7 - m7 - m7 - maj7 - 7 - m7 - m7b5

So for the key of E, like you mentioned, the arpeggios would be:

Emaj7 - F#m7 - G#m7 - Amaj7 - B7 - C#m7 - D#m7b5

The m7b5 arpeggio is also referred to as the "half-diminished" arpeggio, but there is no diminished arpeggio in the major arpeggios.

Here's some more info on the m7b5 arpeggio to check out, hope this helps!

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48488
enlo22
QUOTE (The Professor @ Sep 23 2013, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey

To answer your question I'll address the order of arpeggios in a major key so you can get those under your fingers as that might fix all your confusion the quickest.

In any major scale, or key, the order of arpeggios is:

maj7 - m7 - m7 - maj7 - 7 - m7 - m7b5

So for the key of E, like you mentioned, the arpeggios would be:

Emaj7 - F#m7 - G#m7 - Amaj7 - B7 - C#m7 - D#m7b5

The m7b5 arpeggio is also referred to as the "half-diminished" arpeggio, but there is no diminished arpeggio in the major arpeggios.

Here's some more info on the m7b5 arpeggio to check out, hope this helps!

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48488

so this chart is what i'm going by, but it doesn't have 7ths on it, i'm still sort of confused!
The Professor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Sep 24 2013, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so this chart is what i'm going by, but it doesn't have 7ths on it, i'm still sort of confused!

yeah that's the right chart for triads, three-note chords, with no 7ths. So the order for that is:

Maj min min Maj Maj min dim

That's all. Check this page out for more info on Diminished triads.

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47993
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.