Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gab's Vonhotch Custom Picks: The Journey
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Gabriel Leopardi
Hello guys! In this thread I'm happy announce that we have been working with Vonhotch to design my own Signature Picks series Invader. An the cool thing is that I can say that we are getting really close!!

Everything started months ago when I was Todd's thread at the site and I started to feel curious about this pics. I asked Vonhotch about this ones and he offered to send a few to try and maybe start designing my signature ones if I like them.

After a week I received at my home this two models:

Click to view attachment

As soon as I tried them I've fallen in love with the left one. I was used to play Dunlop Sharp 1.5 but in this case, because of the material used I felt much more comfortable with the less sharp model. It is was very close to perfection for me. I could get a very precise picking and a very defined tone for high speed but also good dynamics for slower playing. I feel comfortable playing both rhythms and solos so I said him that I wanted to go for my custom series!

The big difference that I found between these ones and the ones that I'm used to use is that mines are bigger so I asked Vonhotch to design a pick simlar to the first model but that were bigger.

So the journey started and after some

Click to view attachment

I received this one this week:

Click to view attachment

I just used it yesterday at home and later playing with Cirse for a online show. It awesome how comfortable I feel in just some hours...

I will continue this story and also post samples but the next step is to get the final version with the colour that I've chosen. smile.gif

Huargo

Put some swarovski in that holes smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
I had to search what it was... and this is what I got, it would look very elegant. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Huargo
tongue.gif cool!!!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (huargo @ Nov 13 2013, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tongue.gif cool!!!

I would go for light azore. smile.gif
Todd Simpson
Super Congrats!!! These are truly AWESOME picks and I've been thrilled and honored to work with Von since the start on this killer project. I think these picks are going to take over the world. They are just that good.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 13 2013, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would go for light azore. smile.gif

vonhotch
Great idea on documenting the process! I'm really proud of this one. It is gonna be really cool. It has been an honor to get to work with you, as well as Todd, and Cosmin. Todd's pick is coming along well too, and is really cool!

Here is a sample of the color, that Gab has picked. Love this green.

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 13 2013, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great idea on documenting the process! I'm really proud of this one. It is gonna be really cool. It has been an honor to get to work with you, as well as Todd, and Cosmin. Todd's pick is coming along well too, and is really cool!

I love this colour! It's so cool, Can't wait to have my green pick on my hands. smile.gif
Doug Lane
Congrats on your picks Gab! Every time I hear about these picks, I'm more and more tempted to try them. maybe one of these days I'll give the Dava's a break and go metal wink.gif
Todd Simpson
Nice!!! It's the same color as my new BC Rich Gunslinger!!! A fine choice smile.gif And you can see them easily on a dark stage which will come in handy!! Having tried to use black plastic picks live, I've never tried that again. They disappear as soon as the house lights go out smile.gif

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 13 2013, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Doug Lane @ Nov 14 2013, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats on your picks Gab! Every time I hear about these picks, I'm more and more tempted to try them. maybe one of these days I'll give the Dava's a break and go metal wink.gif

You definitely should try these ones. I just can talk great things about these picks. I feel more comfortable, I get a brighter tone, tighter playing, more dynamic possibilities. Every person that I show the pick, tries it, and wants one. Cirse's other guitarist already asked me about getting one. He liked the first model that I received. (left in the first pick).

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 14 2013, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice!!! It's the same color as my new BC Rich Gunslinger!!! A fine choice smile.gif And you can see them easily on a dark stage which will come in handy!! Having tried to use black plastic picks live, I've never tried that again. They disappear as soon as the house lights go out smile.gif

hehehe I didn't think on this when I chose the colour, but it's a good thing to have in mind. Sometimes I even lose my fretboard when light turn off.
Yash
Wow, awesome Gab biggrin.gif Signature picks. really happy for you mate. And, that looks killer.
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Yash @ Nov 17 2013, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, awesome Gab biggrin.gif Signature picks. really happy for you mate. And, that looks killer.

Thanks mate. smile.gif I'm really happy too. I tried the new pick all the last week and weekend and I felt SO comfortable with them. So the good news is that Von Hotch is already working on the green version. Can't wait to have it.
Gabriel Leopardi
Hey guys!! I have an update about this topic! Vonhotch told my that the first batch of my custom pics are coming!! biggrin.gif

Can't wait to try them!!

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.