Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jeff Loomis / Chris Broderick / Nevermore
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
The Uncreator
Ok, so what do you all think of these guitarists, Jeff is from Nevermore, Progressive Metal Gods by the way smile.gif, and chris is from Jag Panzer, although he did step in fro steve of Nevermore when he had kidney disease or something, and here are some cool videos of them, the band performing and whatnot, the sweeps at 6:30 and 7:00 in the first video by Loomis are insane!!

Nevermore - This Godless Endeavour (Live at Wacken)

Jeff Loomis And Chris Broderick Guitar Duel

Chris Broderick - Betcha Cant Play This

Chris Broderick - Caprice No. 07 Op. 20, Luigi Legnani
Chooch
Chris is absolutely nuts!

He's an awesome teacher as well. Very patient. He has taught me alot.
The Uncreator
Are you takin his online lessons?
sb81
Wow, that's some sweet 12 string fingerpicking
icedern
I've been listening to a lot of Nevermore lately. They are really talented.
The Uncreator
Yeah, This Godless Endeavour is easily one of the best albums of the past 15 years.
Codyrg
QUOTE (Chooch @ Jul 7 2007, 04:47 PM) *
Chris is absolutely nuts!

He's an awesome teacher as well. Very patient. He has taught me alot.

I would also like to know if you're taking online lessons.

From what it sounds, Chris is one of the, if not THE best option for a teacher for us small town people. My local guys just...don't cut it sad.gif

He's pretty cheap, average at least, I KNOW he's an amazing player, I know his credability...perfect slice of teacher pie if you ask me.
misterj
jeff loomis kicks ass. i love nevermore. His sweeps are so clean!
shredmandan
Man that was awesome,they are some great guitarist
Hungus
Yhea Jeff is an amazing sweeper and Nevermore is a pretty sweet band but to be honest I find the vocals in it abit hungus for me to listen to very often.
Davidian
Nevermore is really nice, This Godless Endeavour and Dead Heart in a Dead World are my favourite Nevermore albums. And if you like Nevermore, you'll probably like Communic too, dunno if you now them, but they became one of my favourite bands biggrin.gif
The Uncreator
^ Communic is awesome, havent heard much of there stuff lately, but what i have heard was pretty good.
Davidian
Yup check out their new cd: Waves Of Visual Decay ! Not that much solo's like Nevermore but the riffs and the songs are very, very nice!
Toni Suominen
Jeff is the man!! Chris Broderick is amazing also smile.gif
The Uncreator
His eight finger tapping is insane, i cant wait till i can do that someday smile.gif
FretDancer69
Jeff Loomis looks exactly like Kane from WWE laugh.gif laugh.gif
Toni Suominen
I think Jeff is a great songwriter also, he makes these monsterous riffs into songs that just amaze me!
The Uncreator
This Godless Endeavour has like 10,000,000 amazing riffs!!!
Toni Suominen
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 10 2007, 04:28 PM) *
This Godless Endeavour has like 10,000,000 amazing riffs!!!

Damn right it does!!!!! Enemies of reality has awesome riffs too!! biggrin.gif
The Uncreator
Fact is, Any Nevermore album does!!
Unleash-The-Shred
Amazing guitarists. Steve Smyth is also awesome but he is no longer with Nevermore.
The Uncreator
What? since when?

I know Smyth had his Kidney transplant last year, and had to do some recuperating, but as far as i know, last time he was still planning on playing in nevermore.
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 10 2007, 03:28 PM) *
What? since when?

I know Smyth had his Kidney transplant last year, and had to do some recuperating, but as far as i know, last time he was still planning on playing in nevermore.

No, he left because of, "personal differences".

Here is his new stuff.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=264942572

That's some really creative music there. You should check it out.

Here is some of his other stuff.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=31642599
The Uncreator
Well that sucks.

Atleast his new stuff Owns smile.gif
Toni Suominen
Steve was great, but I kinda prefer Chris Broderick smile.gif I think Steve has also played with Testament, which is cool!
Unleash-The-Shred
Yeah he played with Testament, Vicious Rumors, Nevermore, and Dragonlord. Now he is doing The EssenEss Project which I like a lot.

I still perfer Jeff Loomis. smile.gif
Slavenko Erazer
Jeff 's God!

He And Steve Smyth was best guitar duo!

Broderick's was good at Jag Panzer!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.