Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yamaha To Buy Line 6!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Todd Simpson
Looks like YAHAMA corporation is flat out buying LINE 6. Lock, stock and barrel. What does this mean for future products? Who knows. 2014 may seem some new technology related releases from them though smile.gif

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/12/yama...or-guitar-tech/
Doug Lane
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 22 2013, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like YAHAMA corporation is flat out buying LINE 6. Lock, stock and barrel. What does this mean for future products? Who knows. 2014 may seem some new technology related releases from them though smile.gif

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/12/yama...or-guitar-tech/

In my opinion, Line 6 was the great pioneer of affordable, versatile, and all around good quality practice amps. It's sad to see them lose their autonomy, but I am a big fan of Yamaha as well! I'm excited to see what is coming!
Taka Perry
Maybe we'll some Line 6 motorbikes? laugh.gif
vonhotch
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Dec 22 2013, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe we'll some Line 6 motorbikes? laugh.gif

This is the first thing I thought. Maybe they will be powered my motorcycle engines. No more wall plug. laugh.gif
coffeeman
For me it's an awesome news because I'm a distributor of Yamaha here in my country and we seek a lot of pianos and keyboards but this will open the window for guitar related products, thing that makes me very happy. So Awesome news.

Yamaha bikes are awesome too, maybe I'll get one with a line 6 exhaust.
Bogdan Radovic
These are very interesting news! I must confess that I'm a huge fan of Line 6 toneports - I've been using my UX2 for more then 6 years now and recorded tons of stuff with it. It's still going strong. Looking forward to see what Yamaha brings in smile.gif
Azzaboi
Does anyone know what will happen with the old line up of products such as the Line 6 JTV limited edition series of guitars?
PosterBoy
That product is a very good question.

I'm guessing Jim gets a royalty for the design of the guitars and as Yamaha produce guitars and will more than likely add the variax technology to some of them, it doesn't make financial sense to keep producing the JTV.

That is only a guess who knows what the deals and such that were made include
Fran
Well I hope they keep coming with great products, I like the pods so much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.