Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diatonic Triads
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > THEORY
PosterBoy
One of the main things I'm trying to get my hands to do naturally without thinking. It's harder than I expected.

My main epiphany was to focus on which of the 3 strings the root of the triad is on for each shape.

It's in an unfriendly key as I'm focusing on them too this year, but that's a good thing!
The Professor
Hey

Great way to learn! Once you get these shapes down, move horizontally across the strings, try moving vertically, and then in both directions. That way you will be able to see these shapes across the entire fretboard in any direction when playing. Great stuff!
Aaron A
These are always handy little triad shapes. They have saved my behind many a time playing through charts and sight reading. I always focus on what string the root is based off of for my chords and it works pretty well for me. This is definitely a great thing to practice and once it's solid you could easily build a nice warm up exercise out of this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.