Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bebop Licks
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Palacios
Original lesson: Bebop Licks by Stephane Lucarelli

I noticed the tab was a little different than the way Stephane played it. I'm not very good with a pic so I used nails.

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi friend, good effort on this lesson. It's not a bad take but there are some things to improve. I think that your playing sounds with more swing than the original lesson, check out how Stephane plays the 8th notes straighter. I notice that some notes are muted too quickly and that makes your playing less smooth compared with the original lesson, try to make the silence between notes smaller. The are also some licks that has notes that doesn't sound and have some little timing issues.

In other words, you are close but you should continue practicing it concentrated on those things.

Keep on the hard work!
Cosmin Lupu
Hello mate smile.gif

It looks like you have a guitar which is very fitting for this style, so please focus on the timing and on the whole pulse of the phrasing - try to record over Stephane's original recording and notice the differences, ok?

In that way you will get a good hang of the pulse smile.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin
Darius Wave
I like the tone and I think it's not a bad idea to play it with the fingers. But I would stick to what Gabriel said at the beginning. Your shuffle is to intense. Stephane played more straight notes with just a tiny shuffle flavor. In Your take we have too much of a galope feel. There are also a few flaws - maybe caused by righ-left hand sync problems. Anyway flavor of listening is there and You did a good job
Fran
Almost there, 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.