Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Introduction
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Ricky9
Hello everyone am honored of been part of this great community. A little about myself, My name is Ricardo, born and raise in Puerto Rico. Started playing guitar back in 1993 while in high school and fell in love with it the moment i put the guitar in my lap. I became obsessed with it so started buying books and videos and practicing a lot, My first experience as a musician was at my local church where i had the chance to really learn from great group guitar players from there. Later join my first band from another church where i had the opportunity to be lead guitar and start to introduce myself to scales and melodies.A few years later i join the military, So now i did not have the time to practice as much as i liked. While station in Italy i met some military guys that had a heavy metal band, they offered me to play with then so i did. While in the band i had an accident that almost cost me my right hand index finger, in the mist of the event i still manage to keep playing with the band, then the guys started to make fun of me and started to call me " Ricky nine fingers". So there you have it the origin of my nickname "Ricky9". Back in 2010 i finally retire from the military so now am trying to pick up where i left off, in the view that i have more time now to practice. I stumble across this website from watching a video on Youtube from all you guys playing a collaboration, on that moment i was astonish with the brutal talent you guys posses. I now i will learn a lot from you guys here and hope to be able to become part of this great family. Thanks for the wonderful opportunity to be here and God bless you all.

My equipment:

My guitars 1993 Ibanez FGM series (Frank Gambale series) ,1993 Fender Stratocaster ultra with fender lace sensors, Classical acoustic guitar with nylon strings and Ibanez acoustic with steel strings.

My amps 1993 Peavy stereo chorus 212 combo amp modded with a B52 4x12 cab and a Peavy transtube special 212.( i use this because they are very transparent for the multieffect pedals giving me awesome live sound)

My effects Boss gt 10 and Roland Gr 55 and a behringer tube amp modeler pedal.( Gt 10 plug trough usb straight into laptop for recordings)

My software that i use for recording is Magix music maker 2014 and audacity.( Asus g73 laptop)

Here is also my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5nkr7ecQD7edkH-drBnmg

Monica Gheorghevici
Now an official welcome in our family!!! smile.gif

About the question:

First of all it will be a good idea, if you can join at ours instructors Vchat. This is a good way to saw exactly which instructor it's more close to your style. All of them are awesome instructors so, anyone you choose you will have great results wink.gif After you will choose the instructor you can send him a PM and set together a personal training for improving your playing.
In the Instructors section, you can see all the mentoring programs of each instructor with the different students (including me biggrin.gif ). You will find there many interesting things from playing to mixing, plug-ins, etc smile.gif
Ricky9
Thanks Monica you have been very helpful. I will definitely keep and eye on the chat!!!!

P.S

I love your country, is very beautiful and the people are great!!!!
I took these while i was there a few years ago. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ricardo_mangu...57624781081911/
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate! Welcome to GMC. I've just known you at my Vchat session because you also streamed video. smile.gif That's a cool story behind your nickname. I also find interesting to know that you get interested in joining the site while watching one of the collabs that we do every time. We enjoy a lot the process of making music together and the results are better and better.

I would like to invite you to contact me if you need some help or if you want me to be your mentor, who would guide you, assign lessons and give constant feedback. Also check my new experiment called "Creativity Workout" clicking HERE.

My next Vchat will be done the next Friday, but the lesson notes for that session will be up at my personal board on Thursday so you can start practicing the stuff before the session to get the most of it.

Ok, there are lots of more things to discover at the site. Enjoy your stay. wink.gif
Hajduk
Welcome to GMC smile.gif
Todd Simpson
Welcome to GMC!! smile.gif This is an AMAZING community of players and you are seriously going to love it here smile.gif Hop in to the forums, REC program, Video Chats, go nuts!

Todd
Ricky9
Thank you all, I Have the feeling that my learning journey is gonna be awesome in this community.
DeGroot

Welcome to GMC Ricky9 !
Monica Gheorghevici
QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Feb 21 2014, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Monica you have been very helpful. I will definitely keep and eye on the chat!!!!

P.S

I love your country, is very beautiful and the people are great!!!!
I took these while i was there a few years ago. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ricardo_mangu...57624781081911/

You're welcome, anytime Ricardo smile.gif

Great photos, I'm really glad you like it my country smile.gif Indeed Romania it's very beautiful and people are friendly. We like to learn more about other cultures and to meet people from around the world smile.gif

liveOASISforever
Welcome to GMC smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mate! Once again, welcome to GMC smile.gif I am so glad you visited our country and I enjoyed the photos very much!

As Gabi said, we are all here to help out, so please take a look here: http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0 and let me know if you want to work together wink.gif

All the best!

Cosmin
Darius Wave
Wellcome in the family Ricardo! smile.gif Many things had been already told so I'll just add You can have Your personal threads with instructors - even a few a the same time relating two a few different aspects of playing, mixing etc (good point from Monica). Of course awesome act of intruduction would be to join our latest collab smile.gif Have a great time at GMC smile.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
Hey Ricky! Welcome to the site, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here smile.gif
Ricky9
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 22 2014, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey mate! Once again, welcome to GMC smile.gif I am so glad you visited our country and I enjoyed the photos very much!

As Gabi said, we are all here to help out, so please take a look here: http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0 and let me know if you want to work together wink.gif

All the best!

Cosmin

Thanks for the warm welcome and the offer to mentor, I will keep that in mind since I already started working with Gabriel. I really appreciate the level of care you guys have in this community.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Feb 22 2014, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the warm welcome and the offer to mentor, I will keep that in mind since I already started working with Gabriel. I really appreciate the level of care you guys have in this community.

Hey again man smile.gif Well, the offer stands, so whenever you will see it fit, please write me wink.gif Gabi is a great guy, guitarist and professor, so you are already on very good hands!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.